Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2018, 09:21 AM   #1
Commercial Member

Help me, Help you....

I am, and will continue to spend as much time as possible on here, tracking down answers, offering up advice.

But I am only one man. While I am often on here during business hours, this is not our company forum and this is not an official communication path for Dynamax. I am mainly here on my personal time, after hours, as a Dynamax fan, someone with knowledge to offer and an RVer. Someone just like you.

Official communication should go through official channels.

1. First point of contact should be your selling dealer. They are the ones that know you (or should know you) personally. They have staff that should be able to assist you in most cases.

2. As we say on the "welcome letter". If you have issues with your dealer, have a potential safety issue, or service is taking longer than it should, you can reach out to the Dynamax service rep that covers your area. That info is available on our web site. Those guys are trained to document the calls and date and record them in the VIN notes, so that no matter who you talk to, they understand the history of the vehicle.

3. Supplier Tech Support: I have had customers that run into a problem and demand we expedite their appointment, are upset because they are having an issue. I ask if they have called the mfg of the appliance in question and they're like "No I bought this from Dynamax" (technically you bought it from the dealer...but I understand the thinking). They feel as if we are pawning them off. We aren't. The supplier staff is our staff by association. We pick suppliers based on their product, in addition to their product support. In many of those cases, a quick phone call takes care of the problem and saves a trip to the dealer. Truma is a perfect example.

My primary job, is to run this division and put the proper people in place to design, sell, and service a quality product that is in turn profitable. I have people that I employ that their sole job is warranty service or parts. I am on here as a courtesy. There may be a time when I assign someone to monitor this site...but for now I like to keep my finger on the pulse so I can better instruct and educate those people that I place in other positions.

I know several of the people on here I have asked to reach out to another contact...and in most cases, that person happily does, and gets their problem solved. I am not trying to "pass the buck" I am simply trying to put you in touch with the person or path that can best follow up and see your issue through to completion. Consider me the Triage nurse. Simple things I will handle and get you on your way. More involved...I'll try and stop the bleeding and send you to the next stop.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:27 AM   #2

We do not own a Dynamax but I would like to commend you for even being here, it is nice to see the help you offer. I also receive great help from my factory warranty person in our division. Dynamax people are very lucky!!!!!
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:45 AM   #3

BC, thanks for that and thanks for all you do.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:57 AM   #4

Well said.

You need to 'pin' this somewhere.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:57 AM   #5

BClemens...you are a brave man participating in this forum and you clearly care about your division and its products. More than commendable.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:01 AM   #6

Makes sense to me. I’m honestly impressed you’re able to do your day job with as much time as you spend on here. That kind of dedication only comes via truely caring. Agree this should get pinned
Old 05-23-2018, 10:08 AM   #7

Brian, thanks for posting that. It will help a lot of customers understand the process. Thank you for all your help on the forum, we all appreciate it. DXNAMAX / Forest River should be very happy to employ someone like you who cares that much about their product.
CSWVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:14 AM   #8

Just had my 3 24FW on it's shakedown run and aside from a few minor problems every thing was great. I was pleasantly surprised to see that my production requests were implemented. I requested that the window be removed at the top of the bed and was extremely happy with the outcome. A headboard instead of a window works so much better for my wife and I. Also requested that the screen and track by the bed not be installed and it wasn't. Even something as small as the bathroom door stop that we requested not be installed was not, much to my surprise. They actually read the individual production notes.

A couple of things that were missed (because everyone likes to know about that stuff) that I fixed them myself. Kitchen faucet was loose. Thermostat not working, wire had popped out. The only thing that took some time was I could not convert the table into a bed, 1/2" too tight at the open end had to move the seats 1/4" each side. Lost the sewage hose somewhere along the route on the way home (those little plastic clips don't seem to be the best on that compartment door) and my dealer shipped a replacement to me right away.

The only truly annoying part of this experience was that the MB chassis came with French only manuals, not a word of English hopefully this will be rectified soon. I don't even mind having to take the unit into MB because the drivers door does not lock remotely or even with the key.

Looking forward to my next trip and adding a personal touch to the RV.
Go UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:19 AM   #9

Well said, As I have said numerous times on here and in person

THANKS!!! THANKS!!! AND THANKS again...
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:51 AM   #10
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go UK View Post
The only truly annoying part of this experience was that the MB chassis came with French only manuals, not a word of English hopefully this will be rectified soon. I don't even mind having to take the unit into MB because the drivers door does not lock remotely or even with the key.

Looking forward to my next trip and adding a personal touch to the RV.
We have actually said we would pay more for metal latches and the supplier has no interest. We're trying to convert everything to the expand sewer hose holder (threaded tube bike enough for the ends) but the FW is fighting us on placement.

You are the 2nd person to have said something about Mercedes door. Someone brought one up in staff...the key fobs work, but if you put the key in the door it will NOT unlock the door. It will work the ignition. They thought maybe we took the door handles off for paint, but we do not. Looks like there having some labor issues as well.

Old 05-23-2018, 10:53 AM   #11

BC, I am glad you made this post. I have been concerned that you were being nit picked to death and your primary job duties would suffer.

Now about that DX3 that I designing in my head. Bigger shower, longer sofa and 6 feet shorter. Can I get it by Memorial Day? [emoji4]

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:58 AM   #12

Have to throw in my 2bits worth. I am not a Dynamax owner. I have a flagstaff 26fkws. I am very please with my TT. Had a few nimor issues but easily resolved. Recently a squirrel ate a large hole into my FW tank. because of the attention of my local dealer and FR I had a replacement installed and the TT back on the road in under 2 weeks....and I am near to Toronto Canada. Thanks
Old 05-23-2018, 11:05 AM   #13
Commercial Member

FK is coming soon. L-shaped sofa. Shower will certainly be bigger than your REV.

And we can have it to you by Memorial day no problem. (2019).

Old 05-23-2018, 02:02 PM   #14

Brian, a great posting. Thanks for the help. I wish other manufacturers would follow in this manner. The RV industry would be for the better.
txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:12 PM   #15

I am new to this forum and to the Dynamax family, I want to express my sincere appreciation for what you are doing.

Thank you!
Las Vegas, NV
johnmbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:19 PM   #16
Site Team - Lou

Thread stuck. Great post BC.
Thank you again for being here for our members.
Herk
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:27 PM   #17
Commercial Member

thanks for the stick. I have my guys working on warranty numbers and details for all our suppliers. I hope that will clear up any confusion and make the job of finding "the right people" less difficult and frustrating.

Old 05-23-2018, 02:49 PM   #18
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
thanks for the stick. I have my guys working on warranty numbers and details for all our suppliers. I hope that will clear up any confusion and make the job of finding "the right people" less difficult and frustrating.
Let one of the staff know when you get it put together and we can update your initial post with all that info. Either by reopening the editing window for your post or just post it and let us merge the info into your post.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:03 PM   #19

Hey Herk, I think you would look good behind the wheel of one of those big Dynamax
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:49 PM   #20
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Hey Herk, I think you would look good behind the wheel of one of those big Dynamax
I would need a hefty discount …

Also some floorplan changes.