Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2019, 04:08 PM   #21

Barker Valve is installed and works - so far..

I installed the 3" Barker Auto-Drain to the black water valve on my Isata 3 - opens/closes in a few seconds. It's very simple to operate - push and hold the OPEN button until you hear the motor stop - a red light will flash and continue to flash as long as the valve is open. When done draining, pus/hold the CLOSE button until the light goes off. No struggling with pulling/pushing the cable valve....

We are taking a trip to Seattle (from Minneapolis) and will give it a real test. Also looks like there is room to install a 1 1/2" Barker unit for the grey water valve, will wait until we get back to do that.

Here's a couple pics of the installed unit - took some time to figure everything out. The wiring harness was too short - lengthening the harness took the most time.... will publish a more detailed description after I get back and install the Barker Auto Drain for the grey water.

One question - does anyone have electric schematics for the water pump control button at the Anderson Valve in the side compartment? Trying to understand the wiring/controls of the pump is crazy...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9447.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	210714   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9448.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	210715  
pgeraghty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 04:18 PM   #22
Commercial Member

I think we looked at this one and it wasn't UL listed, so we can't use it. But I will check.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 04:34 PM   #23

Electrical schematic for water pump control at Anderson Valve

Brian - do you have any electrical schematics for the water pump control at the Anderson Valve in the rear side compartment - 2016 Isata 3?
Old 07-24-2019, 04:42 PM   #24

UL listed

And you might be right about the UL listing - I was not impressed by the wiring they provided. I worked for a company who designed/manufactured machinery and UL listing had to meet specific requirements. Barker could clean it up ...
Old 07-24-2019, 06:24 PM   #25

Was the harness too short because you ran all the wiring over to the wet bay on the driver side? What about putting the switches behind the door where the water drain valves and LP outlet? Just run 12v over from to that location to power the valves?

Will be following your success to plan for this upgrade over the winter. Thanks for posting.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:22 PM   #26

Yes, I installed the push button control for the Barker unit right where the old cable pull handle was in the rear lower cabinet. Wanted it there because it is near where the dump hose is.
The push button control box is about 3x3, looks like there will be room for both switches (black and grey) inside that cabinet.
Will post a pic tomorrow.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:55 AM   #27
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgeraghty View Post
Brian - do you have any electrical schematics for the water pump control at the Anderson Valve in the rear side compartment - 2016 Isata 3?
I'd have to check, but that is going to work just alike a 3-way switch. So if you are tying into that, I'm not sure that would be the best power source.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:08 AM   #28

Brian - thanks for your response - yes, it is a 3 way switch. When I removed the front Anderson Valve panel in that compartment, some of the wires disconnected from the light switch and water pump switch- I replaced them where I thought they went - but the water pump controls are now out of wack… Schematic indicating wire color/location would be a big help - otherwise it's trial and error...
Not sure what the purpose of the water pump switch is in that cabinet - doesn't the water pump switch on the main panel do the same thing - is it for convenience if you want to us the shower spray?
Old 07-25-2019, 10:10 AM   #29
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgeraghty View Post
Brian - thanks for your response - yes, it is a 3 way switch. When I removed the front Anderson Valve panel in that compartment, some of the wires disconnected from the light switch and water pump switch- I replaced them where I thought they went - but the water pump controls are now out of wack… Schematic indicating wire color/location would be a big help - otherwise it's trial and error...
Not sure what the purpose of the water pump switch is in that cabinet - doesn't the water pump switch on the main panel do the same thing - is it for convenience if you want to us the shower spray?
lol....I take that off and people yell at me. But yes, its there for convenience. I'll see what I can find.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:43 AM   #30

Thanks - we are leaving for Seattle on Sunday and want to have everything set to go - looking forward to getting away in our Isata…!
Old 07-25-2019, 11:09 AM   #31

There should be 12v power all the time to the USB plugs in the side of the bed if you want to tie into that and avoid the 3 way water pump plug. It’s in the stationary part of the bed next to the CO2 detector.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:18 AM   #32

Thanks - it was just for convenience that I looked in the rear cabinet for a power source. The Barker unit is working, but I want to understand how the 3 way water pump switch connects - have never used it and don't need it to control the water pump... looked around, the light inside the cabinet doesn't give me 12 volts. I don't have any electrical schematics to go by...
Old 07-25-2019, 11:30 AM   #33

I'm curious what voltage you got at the light switch? One side of the light switch should have 12 volts at all times. The other side of the switch will feed the light and will only be 'hot' if the switch is on.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:57 AM   #34

I think it was about 9.5 V - have the panel off now, will check it again...
Old 07-27-2019, 02:47 PM   #35

Here's a pic of the Barker control box. The red light flashes when the valve is open, shuts the valve tight, no drips so far. And it looks like there will be room for a 2nd box to run the grey water valve.

Heading out for the Seattle area for about 3 weeks, will see how it works.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	valve control.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	210950  
Old 07-27-2019, 02:49 PM   #36

And the voltage at the light switch in the rear compartment is about 9 volts.

Tags
cable, tank, valve