Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2022, 02:37 AM   #1
2022 Dynamax Europa 31SS

How can you disable Echomaster camera switching when in reverse

I have the Echomaster PMON-7044-AHD 7" monitor that came factory installed in my 2022 Europa. It has the dual camera (PCAM-870-AHD) on the back so that you can have one camera set to have a wide view like a rear view mirror and the other set to view the hitch. It also has two side view cameras. The problem I have is when in reverse, the monitor defaults to display only the rear wide view with no option to change the display to see the other cameras--not very helpful if trying to hookup to a trailer. Does anybody know how to disable the reverse trigger so I can choose which view is most helpful? Thanks.
M_I_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 09:18 AM   #2

I have the same cameras/display in my 2021 XL and, I have a workaround. When you select reverse and it toggles to just horizon view, if you press the Mode button (lower right) once, it'll kick it back to the 4 camera view.

If there's a way to fully disable the auto-trigger, I agree, that would be best.

Jim
CyberShanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 11:28 AM   #3
Commercial Member

That is what they gave me as well. I think they made it so you can "press and hold" MODE and it will keep it from using the reverse trigger until it is powered off again.

(Looking for that email to confirm)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 02:47 PM   #4

I think I found a way to go about doing this from a "custom" approach. I should note that all of this was found via the Forrest River Owners Guide --> Component Manuals --> Backup Camera. So big props to Brian and Team for that. I have found that app very useful.

Ok, from my research it appears that all 4 inputs in the system have a Trigger Wire. The wire is used to send a signal to the system and put that input on the screen until the trigger is satisfied. Its very likely that the reverse camera input trigger wire was used during installation at Dynamax and the OPs problem is the desire to change the view when in reverse. One of the Custom things I am going to try is looking to see how accessible the trigger wires are. Theoretically you could intercept each trigger wire and make your own set of toggle switches so that you could manually force/trigger the input you want to have full screen. This might be more handy than pressing the same button over and over again to change inputs as I think it is now. Rather, you could easily select which camera you wanted to see quickly.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trigger Wires.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	268122 Click image for larger version

Name:	Trigger Wire Explination.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	268123

It appears that there are Trigger Delays that can be set where the system will default back to its normal function after a given time period. If you wanted to use Momentary Buttons for triggers this would come in handy for viewing the camera you want to see at full screen, and then the system reverting back. You can select between 0-15 seconds. .

Name:	Trigger Delay Options.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	290.4 KB
ID:	268124

BUT WAIT, THERES MORE!!!!
It also appears that there are Reversing Options and Reversing Priority. This part I am fully theorizing because I am not sure what these do and am curious if they are matching Default Settings or something that was changed during install. The reversing Priority is also interesting as to what it does. All might be things that change what is happening when reversing though.

Name:	Reversing Options.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	237.3 KB
ID:	268125

BUY NOW AND WE'LL THROW IN THIS LAST FACT FOR FREE!!
AHD OSD Display looks to be where you can choose which 4 cam default view you want, or possible to make it 1 Position by default instead of 4 views at once. Not sure though and need to play around.

Name:	Default View 4 vs 1 Position Cam.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	268126

Have some experimenting to do!
11FT Triton ATV Trailer / Artic Cat SXS
Retired: 2011 Dutchman Aerolite/2015 FR Heritage Glen
FORCE of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 02:59 PM   #5

I believe the reversing is simply a mirror image, or flipped image. I've looked thru that manual too, wondering about permanent fix of just cutting the trigger wire. Was hoping for an electronic setting somewhere though.

Still cold in Iowa, not going to go out there and play, let us know if you figure something out.

Jim
Old 01-24-2022, 03:03 PM   #6
Commercial Member

The thought process was that "some people" might want the full reverse view in reverse. The old monitor that we were using had the ability to turn the trigger off in the settings. Soooo, in my video I think I explain exactly how to do that.

However, River Park changed suppliers to get a more reliable supply and in doing so we lost that ability. So then it went to the "MODE button setting after I complained.

The easy fix is as you say, to cut the trigger wire all together (as we do on side cameras), but then I was forcing people to do it the way I liked...and I am fine with that unless it is really easy to give you the option (which it used to be)

Old 01-24-2022, 03:07 PM   #7

Poor Brian haha!! "The Rope" in a never ending game of tug-of-war
Old 01-24-2022, 04:50 PM   #8

I get it, I'm not complaining, but... I may end up cutting a wire, as long as that doesn't mess w/ warranty.

Jim
Old 01-24-2022, 06:46 PM   #9

One FB user (on I5 FB group) reports good results with a double pole switch on the trigger wires, to swap between the two rear views as needed while backing.

Although disconnecting the wires and selecting the desired view manually sounds like an easier approach.
Desert Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:20 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Boat View Post
One FB user (on I5 FB group) reports good results with a double pole switch on the trigger wires, to swap between the two rear views as needed while backing.

Although disconnecting the wires and selecting the desired view manually sounds like an easier approach.
I am not even sure where the trigger wires are located, but if they are all together inside the dash I would ideally use something like this to apply all of the trigger wires to. This would then give you each camera at the press of a button remote activated by the fob.

INSMA 433Mhz Wireless RF Switch Long Range DC 12V 4CH Channel Wireless Remote Control Switch, DC12V Relay Receiver Module, Transmitter Toggle Switch RF Relay (2 Transmitter & 1 Receiver) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CCSG2ZY...QT1ZHK56D05ER9
Old 01-26-2022, 08:10 PM   #11
2022 Dynamax Europa 31SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberShanks View Post
I have the same cameras/display in my 2021 XL and, I have a workaround. When you select reverse and it toggles to just horizon view, if you press the Mode button (lower right) once, it'll kick it back to the 4 camera view.

If there's a way to fully disable the auto-trigger, I agree, that would be best.

Jim
I'm known in certain circles as a good button pusher so I am surprised that I missed your easy solution. You are correct--pushing the mode button brings up the default 4 camera view. This will work OK for me. Thanks for helping.
Old 01-31-2022, 10:48 AM   #12

Hello! I have a 2020 Isata 3 and would be interested in connecting to the trigger wires, does anyone happen to know the general location of the wires? Thanks in advance if someone happens to have an answer.
rockwood8283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 11:13 AM   #13

Just gotta follow the display feed line back into then under the dash. There should be a small rats nest of wires where the camera feeds come together.

For the echo master 7" you will find four camera connections, power connections, then some unconnected wires in the power cable that are the triggers.
Desert Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 04:50 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
The thought process was that "some people" might want the full reverse view in reverse. The old monitor that we were using had the ability to turn the trigger off in the settings. Soooo, in my video I think I explain exactly how to do that.

However, River Park changed suppliers to get a more reliable supply and in doing so we lost that ability. So then it went to the "MODE button setting after I complained.

The easy fix is as you say, to cut the trigger wire all together (as we do on side cameras), but then I was forcing people to do it the way I liked...and I am fine with that unless it is really easy to give you the option (which it used to be)
Brian, are the trigger wires for the side cameras still intact or are they not run at all to the turn signal lever? I may want to re-connect them to do some expermenting. Thanks.
Old 06-02-2022, 05:39 PM   #15
Commercial Member

We no longer run the side camera trigger wires. From my usage, needing to turn on your turn signal to see the side view was not all that intuitive. Should be able to see it all the time, or on demand without turning the turn signal on. All the time is easy...mode button can do it on command.

Old 06-02-2022, 07:37 PM   #16

Annoying Side View Problem

Side views are about useless on my europa. They blink on and off all the time. I've tried the software update but found out the unit had the latest software already.

I've said this already here or on the official FB forum but I didn't see any more responses that may help solve the issue. I also tried calling the manufacturer numerous times and had zero luck. I can't get a hold of them. We just turn the rear full-view camera view on all of the time and don't mess with the side views.

Only two camera views on my europa are useful because of the side cameras view issue but at least I have those. I am thinking if pulling both sideview cables so I can display the rear cameras views simultaneously on the screen.

I have plenty of pictures of all of the side view problems I have that I can provide anyone if interested.
AZFoxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 07:51 PM   #17
2022 Dynamax Europa 31SS

I've experienced a similar issue with the side view cameras blinking on/off on occasion and my assessment is that the cameras are switching between daytime (color picture) and nighttime (black and white picture) depending on if they are in the shade or in direct sunlight. It is annoying but they always display a picture. When I get a chance, I'm going to cover up the sensor (see attached picture) and see what happens. I'm guessing that the camera will remain in night mode (black and white) and stop blinking on/off.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2640.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	261.8 KB
ID:	274333  
Old 06-02-2022, 08:30 PM   #18

Thanks. My pictures show the screen view changing from color to black and white and flicking on and off randomly. A lot. You may be on to something. I wonder if turning the camera to put the sensor on top or the side would help.
AZFoxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 07:57 AM   #19
Commercial Member

The side cameras get shadowed far more than then rear view with tail lights.

I found that when driving north/south it can be especially bad at dusk, when the off sun side is shaded and will go into night mode. Just not much you can do about it.

completely off would be another story.

Old 06-03-2022, 09:12 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberShanks View Post

Jim
Yes, that trick worked for me but now I have a really small picture showing where my hitch ball is. I would like the ability to toggle to the camera showing my hitch and have it full screen. I know, cake and ice cream and eat it all.

Tags
camera, switch