Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2021, 12:18 AM   #1
Seņor Miembro

How can you rewire ignition lockout?

There are a lot of things on the coach that have safety lockouts. Most all seem to be wired to the ignition but I'm always turning on/off the ignition for something or another. Is there a way to re-wire the lockouts to something else? Like wiring the cabin step auto-retract to parking brake instead? Same with the awning deploy lockout?
The slide outs with "only with ignition on" lockout I'd like to disable completely. There is already a manual over ride for the dining room slide but then I still have to turn on the ignition again to slide out bedroom.
Is there a central location for these or does each system have it's own wiring that would need to be modified. I don't really know where to even start so any advice would be helpful, thanks.
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:04 AM   #2

What vehicle do you have? The rams for example don't "share" their e-brake status except when the ignition is on. Caveat to that though I found if I wake up the computer of the Ram chassis by unlocking it with the key fob that then it seems the "share" the status and I can operate my slides. I need to test it again and if it works from sleep when hitting the lock button.
Phreak480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 02:01 PM   #3
Seņor Miembro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak480 View Post
What vehicle do you have?
I've a 2019 XL37BH. Is it all controlled by the PrecisionPlex? If so, is there a way to get into the code of those? Or just swap the ignition indicator wire from the cab for a parking break wire (may not be one as just air?) or transmission wire?
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 02:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher Rob View Post
I've a 2019 XL37BH. Is it all controlled by the PrecisionPlex? If so, is there a way to get into the code of those? Or just swap the ignition indicator wire from the cab for a parking break wire (may not be one as just air?) or transmission wire?
Unfortunately my knowledge on that rig is near zero so I can't advise on how to do it. In theory at the most basic sense you could find the wires for the brake signal and ignition signal and just feed them positive or ground depending on what they expect to see for the desired state.
Phreak480 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lock, wire