Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2021, 02:57 PM   #1

How long to wait?

I picked up my 2021 Force HD 37BH in March of this year. At the PDI, my dealership pointed out a few things that they noticed on the PDI. I was told at the time of pickup, that the parts were ordered. Here we are over 6 months later, and still all my parts are not in. I am a pretty patience person, but my patience are running thin.

How long are people waiting for parts to show up?

I need a closet door assembly. All I really need is the top track, but apparently that can not be ordered separately. My dealership has be less than helpful to say the least.

Thanks!
bruinstinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 03:20 PM   #2

Have you called your Dynamax service rep? They can be very helpful.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 06:04 AM   #3

I don’t think you can blame Dynamax or your dealer for parts delays. It’s hard to get anything these days. I ordered seats from Bostrom in June and still don’t have a delivery date. When I checked yesterday they said to check back in 37 days for an update.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 06:50 AM   #4

I had my dealer order Gimp molding for my Jayco last year. Between me dropping it off last Sept to me getting it back was 9 months. The factories just don't have the manpower to supply the dealers. At least that's what I was told, and based on what I'm seeing in the news. No one wants to work anymore. Good luck with your repair.
Tbrophy0327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 08:13 AM   #5

I gave up on my dealer and I’m guessing you will eventually do the same. The Dynamax General Manager Brian assigned a service person to my rig. She sent me parts and some repairs I made and some I had a mobile tech take care of the repair and was reimbursed for labor by Dynamax. Maybe Brian will see your post and assist. How long did parts take, several weeks to a month. I’m still waiting on the TPMS from Ram but that’s not a Dynamax issue. Dynamax was much better than my dealer and I appreciate that they worked directly with me.
Old 09-23-2021, 08:39 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinstinks View Post
I picked up my 2021 Force HD 37BH in March of this year. At the PDI, my dealership pointed out a few things that they noticed on the PDI. I was told at the time of pickup, that the parts were ordered. Here we are over 6 months later, and still all my parts are not in. I am a pretty patience person, but my patience are running thin.

How long are people waiting for parts to show up?

I need a closet door assembly. All I really need is the top track, but apparently that can not be ordered separately. My dealership has be less than helpful to say the least.

Thanks!
9 times out of 10 when I hear this and look into it, parts were never ordered.

It does depend on the part though...there are a few things backordered that we have been waiting on for months.

54 ships are waiting off the coast to be unloaded. This is normally 2-3. In the midst of Covid, this grew to 23 and everyone was freaked out. 54? just crazy.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 05:54 PM   #7

Even when the parts are ordered, patience is required.

My order for a new norcold 1210 refrigerator physically went into the system the end of October first week of November.

The factory gave our distribution warehouse information and the distribution warehouse told us estimated shipping date January 6th. It finally arrived at my dealer the first or second week of May and then it took about 6 or 8 days for them to find an opening in their schedule to get us in to install it.

That was with a dealer who is extremely cooperative extremely communicative and obviously not a sales place a full-time RV service facility. Maybe you're manufacturer can point you to one of those. The Forest River plant that built our last New Forest River pointed me to an independent shop that was authorized to do their warranty work and I was in and out in a week. Of course that was before pandemic and before the supply chain issues that we are suffering with now but somebody that's just in the business of repair makes that their priority and I don't think trailer dealers and RV dealers make it their priority to repair their product
NO MORE Tricked out
2017 Sandstorm 250 T.H.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 07:39 AM   #8
Norwood Auto Italia

[QUOTE=bclemens;2638133.

54 ships are waiting off the coast to be unloaded. This is normally 2-3. In the midst of Covid, this grew to 23 and everyone was freaked out. 54? just crazy.[/QUOTE]

Actually Brian - its far worse than that. Last Friday there were 76 ships waiting to offload in LA; and 54 in NY. The LA port has 10 shipments for every driver available to remove the container and the back up of offloaded containers for which there is not transport has become so large that the Port has leased land offsite to stope them (probably delaying those further) and chartered a ship to store others so that they can get the existing ships in the port off their jetties. 60 Minutes had a feature on this a couple of weeks ago.

Its not going to get any better soon. The trucking industry cannot get drivers even at 2X pay rates and despite raising demurrage charges in some cases by 400%; the Truck OEMs are having the same delivery issues that the passenger business has documented with less than 5 days in inventory vs. a normal 30+; the rail industry is at capacity and current economic incentives are such that the likelihood of filling the positions needed to expedite the ports (according to the LA Port Director) extremely low.

So get your Xmas presents now - by December even the ties, cologne and scarves will be sold out.
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 10:18 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamgat View Post
Actually Brian - its far worse than that. Last Friday there were 76 ships waiting to offload in LA; and 54 in NY. The LA port has 10 shipments for every driver available to remove the container and the back up of offloaded containers for which there is not transport has become so large that the Port has leased land offsite to stope them (probably delaying those further) and chartered a ship to store others so that they can get the existing ships in the port off their jetties. 60 Minutes had a feature on this a couple of weeks ago.

Its not going to get any better soon. The trucking industry cannot get drivers even at 2X pay rates and despite raising demurrage charges in some cases by 400%; the Truck OEMs are having the same delivery issues that the passenger business has documented with less than 5 days in inventory vs. a normal 30+; the rail industry is at capacity and current economic incentives are such that the likelihood of filling the positions needed to expedite the ports (according to the LA Port Director) extremely low.

So get your Xmas presents now - by December even the ties, cologne and scarves will be sold out.
You overlooked the Puget Sound area that's so full of ships waiting for berths all the anchorage areas are full.

Ships are now anchored in areas where residents in high $$$$ homes are complaining about ruined views, lights, and noise from running generators.

Not up to the same level of LA port but nevertheless a large contributor to the problem and it extends all the way up into the Canadian ports.

I doubt things will improve anytime soon. Covid has caused a major change in our labor force. Many are finding they can make money driving around town delivering food, people, and amazon purchases with less hassle and weather discomfort than their old jobs. Also attractive to many is the flex hours the "gig economy" allows.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 10:22 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamgat View Post

One could always fly to Shanghai, shop for a week, then bring home purchases in checked baggage. Maybe even shop for family, friends, and neighbors, for a small fee of course. At least enough to cover costs[emoji1787]

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 02:59 PM   #11
Norwood Auto Italia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
One could always fly to Shanghai, shop for a week, then bring home purchases in checked baggage. Maybe even shop for family, friends, and neighbors, for a small fee of course. At least enough to cover costs[emoji1787]
For Xmas Chinese style maybe but a lot of the consumer goods sold in China, including the multicultural Shanghai and HK are neither sized or adaptable to the US environment. Trinkets and some electronics perhaps but stuff for RV systems - Not.
Old 09-29-2021, 03:02 PM   #12
Norwood Auto Italia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
You overlooked the Puget Sound area that's so full of ships waiting for berths all the anchorage areas are full.

Its all the ports including New Orleans, Miami, Baltimore and San Francisco. Its just that LA and NY are by far the largest container ports.

As for your comments on the changes in the labor force - my point too.
Old 10-06-2021, 06:29 AM   #13

Most folks have plans for there new RV , but if you tell the dealer you will not purchase a unit that needs repair parts or work, most will do almost anything to get your check.

Removing the track slide from a similar unit on the lot would be common.

The dealer markup on new RV is HUGE! so there is plenty of incentive.

I am attempting to get the Curt Controller under gov. recall replaced , and the dealers in CT and FL are reluctant to sked the repair (1 1/2 hours) even 6 or 7 months out, thy are that busy getting incomplete new factory units out the door.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote