Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2018, 09:13 AM   #1

HWH hydraulic bleeding procedure

I have my 08 Dynamax Grand Sport 450UL in the shop for slide problems and the owner can't figure out how to bleed the hydraulic slides without ripping out the wood slide trim on the inside. He showed me how he needs to get to the cylinders but they are behind the wood trim on the side of the slide. They trim is screwed in from the back and there is no way to get to the back side to unscrew and remove it. He's having trouble getting the info from Dynamax on how to do this procedure because of it's age. Is there anyone that knows how to do this without destroying the trim on the slides? Any help would be much appreciated as he is about to rip out the trim and then try to match the wood with new.
Roger_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:18 AM   #2

Are you sure your system is not self bleeding through actuations?
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:23 AM   #3
Commercial Member

If you post some pictures, I can show it to one of my techs.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:06 AM   #4

Self bleeding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Are you sure your system is not self bleeding through actuations?
I know even less than the owner of the RV Center about those slides but he believes that the slides are not going out even because of air in the line.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:10 AM   #5

As requested, Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
If you post some pictures, I can show it to one of my techs.
Here is a couple of pictures of the two slides that he is having trouble with. It's the large wood trim piece around the slide that he believes he needs to remove to get to the rams to bleed the system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	196.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	161966   Click image for larger version

Name:	275.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	161967  
Old 02-08-2018, 10:19 AM   #6

have him call hwh for information before he starts bleeding lines because you could end up with hydraulic oil spraying all over
lbrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrunning View Post
have him call hwh for information before he starts bleeding lines because you could end up with hydraulic oil spraying all over
He has been in contact with Dynamax and HWH both in trying to get this fixed. Thanks for the reply.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:30 AM   #8
Commercial Member

I talked to my guy and he doesn't have any idea why you would need to pull the wood trim. That is an HWH, below floor slide out. The hydraulics use the same electronics/pump for the slides and the levelers. There are not components behind that wood trim or anywhere above the floor for that matter.

In one of the bays, you should be able to open that up (typically next to the generator) and see the slide/leveler electronics. I am told it is a clear plastic cover that has the electronics. behind that are the pumps and solenoids, actuators, etc. I am told there is a relief valve and if you turn the right one you can push that slide in or out.

Old 02-08-2018, 11:34 AM   #9

This might help you.

Old 02-08-2018, 12:04 PM   #10

Quote:
I talked to my guy and he doesn't have any idea why you would need to pull the wood trim. That is an HWH, below floor slide out. The hydraulics use the same electronics/pump for the slides and the levelers. There are not components behind that wood trim or anywhere above the floor for that matter.

In one of the bays, you should be able to open that up (typically next to the generator) and see the slide/leveler electronics. I am told it is a clear plastic cover that has the electronics. behind that are the pumps and solenoids, actuators, etc. I am told there is a relief valve and if you turn the right one you can push that slide in or out.
Thanks for your help, I will pass this along to my guy and see if this makes sense to him. I would hate for him to tear out that trim to find out he didn't need to do that. THANKS!
Old 02-08-2018, 12:29 PM   #11

Update

I shared your information with him and he said that that is true with the slides on the driver side of the coach. These slides are on the passenger side and they are above floor rack and chain slide outs part # AP39474. He says they're completely different from the dirvers side.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:01 PM   #12
Commercial Member

So its a Norco cable slide?

Old 02-08-2018, 05:11 PM   #13

Quote:
So its a Norco cable slide?
No, he says it's a hwh hydraulic and what he calls a rack and chain slide. He says you can google hwh part # AP39474 and it would show it on the hwh site.

Sorry, had to edit the part number, had an extra 3 in there.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger_P View Post
No, he says it's a hwh hydraulic and what he calls a rack and chain slide. He says you can google hwh part # AP39474 and it would show it on the hwh site.

Sorry, had to edit the part number, had an extra 3 in there.
Upon further discussion with him he says he isn't going to dis-connect the hose from the ram, he's wanting to dis-connect the chain from the pully so he can run the side in and out all the way without trying to move the slide while doing it.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:17 PM   #15

HWH Train Drive Slide

So I assume that there isn't any instructions on how to get behind an hwh train drive hydraulic slide?
If that is the case then I have no choice but to tell my repair center to go ahead and tear out the wood trim to get to the slide mechanism.
I realize that this is a 2008 Dynamax but there should still be some kind of instructions on how to service them.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:22 PM   #16
Commercial Member

My guys keep telling me he shouldn't need to get in there. Forest River bought Dynamax ins 2011 and a lot of the old systems were mothballed. They ran a platform that we no longer have a license for.

Tags
hydraulic