Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2019, 03:33 PM   #21

Could not do a picture from my phone so here is what mine looks like. Not sure how any gas venting is done, but there are no gas odors coming from the drain. Uh, this photo was shot horizontal, not sure what the heck this site does to photo's but others have said and had the same happen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7536.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	375.3 KB
ID:	212783  
dannko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:01 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannko View Post
Could not do a picture from my phone so here is what mine looks like. Not sure how any gas venting is done, but there are no gas odors coming from the drain. Uh, this photo was shot horizontal, not sure what the heck this site does to photo's but others have said and had the same happen.
Whoa! That is different, isn’t it.

Total guess on this one, but I wonder if Dynamax did that when they fixed your vent stack for the black tank leak? Interesting to note that there is no hole in the wall where the original drain would have gone (like Casey’s and mine). The factory certainly would have had the resources to put new piece of wall board there though.

Again, total guess; there must be a trap or HEPvO below the shelf. There is a panel below that shelf that is hiding the ductwork for the bathroom heating register and for the wiring going to the bunkhouse TV. If you removed that panel, I bet you’d also see a trap of some sort and then a wall penetration where that pipe connects to the vent stack.

As for the picture, the site isn’t rotating the picture, it’s your phone. Your phone has software on it the correctly orients the picture for viewing based on how you took the picture in the first place. Remove the picture from the phone and orientation information is lost. Shouldn’t matter if it’s this site or if you removed the picture from your phone and emailed it to someone…..orientation information is lost. I use a picture editor to change and save the orientation when I take pictures with my phone.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_7536.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	212864  
Old 08-19-2019, 10:03 AM   #23

...using Casey's picture from post #1 in this thread (I added the arrows), this is the panel I am talking about. There must be a trap of some sort behind there.....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3398.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	212865  
Old 08-19-2019, 11:35 AM   #24

oddly on facebook the pics are oriented correctly. Yes, I cannot remember, but I am sure I had a p-trap there before Dmax reworked the black tank and vent. I assume they replaced that wall as there is no evidence of a hole. It actually doesn't drain any better though.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:37 AM   #25

oh yes I follow you, but I wonder what the heck am I supposed to do if there is a clog or leak. Clogs are easy, but I like to visually see plumbing connections for slow leaks at the start.
Old 08-20-2019, 09:17 AM   #26

Quote:
oddly on facebook the pics are oriented correctly.
I’m pretty sure facebook has figured out how to use the code embedded in the pictures to orient them correctly, especially if you use the mobile app to post pictures. Forums like this one just haven’t and probably won’t invest in it. A lot of the car forums I follow have the same issue.

Quote:
Yes, I cannot remember, but I am sure I had a p-trap there before Dmax reworked the black tank and vent. I assume they replaced that wall as there is no evidence of a hole. It actually doesn't drain any better though.
That’s disappointing. I REALLY want to find a solution to making that sink drain better.
Old 08-20-2019, 03:07 PM   #27

That’s disappointing. I REALLY want to find a solution to making that sink drain better.[/QUOTE]

My pipe going straight to the ground would be best for flow. haha only fix I have.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:59 PM   #28
hhl

Maybe a bottle p trap is also a solution for a tight cabinet space. Several models to chose from. Picture attached shows one with flex hose.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190823-175019_Amazon%20Shopping.jpeg
Views:	45
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	213195
hhl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain