Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2022, 11:37 AM   #1
Commercial Member

I hate interviews, but at least with video they can't mis-quote me;)

went live today

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 12:04 PM   #2

Very nice video. That was a pretty comprehensive interview.

I have my own story of repairing our rig with FR shipped parts. When we first brought our rig home (a 300 mile trip from the dealer), the plastic end cap of our awning was missing exposing all the wires on the electric awning. We called FR who looked at their awning on a rig and figured out that the plastic cover came off easily.
They shipped us a replacement cover at no cost, we snapped it on and secured it with matching 'duct' tape and we able to camp the next weekend. Seven years later, it's still there and we didn't have to travel 600 round trip miles to get it fixed.

So keep up the good work.
Old 04-29-2022, 12:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Is the Myrtle Beach Park video the one you meant to post?
You have to advance past the first ad to see his interview. It's at around 10 minutes into the video
Old 04-29-2022, 01:43 PM   #4

Nice interview, happy with my Dynamax , this forum and B.C.'s input on here.
Trialrun85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 03:22 PM   #5

Great interview Brian, thanks for sharing.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 06:59 PM   #6

Forest River and especially Dynamax embracing dialogue with its customers through many different channels sets them apart from the rest. I am definitely one of those DIY guys who can fix things with parts support which has worked for me.
Old 04-29-2022, 09:17 PM   #7

Brian, great interview outlining your customer focused vision, which in turn made us a very happy Dynamax customer. Keep up the great work.
msusslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 05:39 AM   #8
Steve & Linda M.

Thumbs up

I can relate to the start of the video. You did a very credible job and became quite relaxed by the end.

Yes, RV complexity has exponentially increased. And this is probably the thing that I disliked the most about what you said, the house + on wheels, IMO, is no excuse for most of the problems, I've experienced. I still maintain that if you are not skilled in at least minimal DYI, you shouldn't own a RV. What aggravates me, is not the fact that things happen, but that many of the things that happen are due to poor workmanship or unreliable equipment.

I'm glad we chose Dynamax for our recently ordered purchase. I am looking forward to having our choice proving to be a sound one. Since about 2006, the lack of manufacturer interest in anything other than profits has been evident.

Your presence on this forum was key to our choice.
Started in the "Pumpkin" '79 Burnt Orange Dodge "Street Van" ... NW cruise, Canadian Rockies, Round trip to Alaska. Then' 94 Tioga Montara, '06 Jayco Jay Flight 5th Wheel. Workmanship decline started : '15 Thor Siesta & '17 Tiffin Breeze.
Another RV learning experience with our 2022 34KD Force.
2019 Jeep KL (Cherokee) TOAD
MevetS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 08:08 AM   #9

Brian, Great interview. Nice to see Dynamax on these different groups and blogs. Way to represent.
Old 04-30-2022, 08:48 AM   #10

Great Interview

One of the great things I am finding about Dynamax. I like to do my on fixes like you spoke about. Much rather do it myself vs having it sit at the dealer for a month.
Old 04-30-2022, 09:23 AM   #11

Brian for someone who doesn't like interviews you did a fantastic job. After watching it and listening about how you lead your division it make us feel very proud to be part of the Dynamax community. Thank you for all you do for us!
JRM63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 11:27 AM   #12

Well said; seeing things from the perspective of your customers and end users are keys to success that you have proven.

There is not much DIY I can do anymore but I appreciate the option.

Thanks for posting that video.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 07:55 AM   #13

Nice job Brian! I think the key differentiator that you and your team deliver has been, and continues to be, the high level of engagement. Some examples are the things you mentioned in the interview--your team environment at FR, research on the web, activity of social forums or in-person one-on-one or our Dynamax rally. It tells me you like what you do. You're like me and many other that do what we do because the quality of our work is a reflection of who we are as a person. Therefore, you're dedicated and care what people think--hence the engagement. Thanks for sharing. And thanks for everything you and your team do to make FR better and all of us happier campers.
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 07:26 PM   #14

Great interview Brian. We're still so proud to be part of the Dynamax family. When we travel in ours, we still find ourselves giving tours of our rig. Last trip we spent an hour in the Lake Havasu Walmart parking lot on our way thru. Always glad to share Dynamax quality information!
SusieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 07:33 PM   #15
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieR View Post
Great interview Brian. We're still so proud to be part of the Dynamax family. When we travel in ours, we still find ourselves giving tours of our rig. Last trip we spent an hour in the Lake Havasu Walmart parking lot on our way thru. Always glad to share Dynamax quality information!
Proud to have you as part of the family....and not even ones that we would avoid at the family reunion

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 06:58 PM   #16

Great Video

I loved the video. I'm on the forums a lot and you personally have answered or commented on some of my posts in the past. I too am a do it myself person because I want to, and because I live in a remote area where there is no RV service. Great job.
captnrick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 08:02 PM   #17

"I still maintain that if you are not skilled in at least minimal DYI, you shouldn't own a RV."

And I maintain that arrogance is not very becoming. Suggesting people that are not as good as you shouldn't own an rv is....well... I'll leave it at that.
jtsriding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 10:26 PM   #18
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsriding
"I still maintain that if you are not skilled in at least minimal DYI, you shouldn't own a RV."

And I maintain that arrogance is not very becoming. Suggesting people that are not as good as you shouldn't own an rv is....well... I'll leave it at that.

I don't think that's arrogant at all. It just recognizes that different people have different skill sets and some skill sets are a better match to a particular task.

If you own an RV and you don't want it parked at a dealer for weeks to months while summer passes and you keep making payments you need to do some things yourself. You also need to be curious and learn how things in the RV actually work as opposed to a house. That helps keep you from breaking things by accident and also lets you discern when someone better skilled than yourself is prudent.

If you're a person who needs to "call the guy" for everything in your home you certainly still can own an RV. You just may not get as much enjoyment out of it as you could and it could easily sour you on the experience entirely.

I don't know about you but I couldn't afford to pay $130/hour or more for everything that needs to be done to my RV. Heck, I cringe when I see what dealers charge just for winterization or "roof inspections" but don't actually correct any issues because that's extra.

Ray
Old 05-13-2022, 02:49 AM   #19
Steve & Linda M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
I don't think that's arrogant at all. It just recognizes that different people have different skill sets and some skill sets are a better match to a particular task.

If you own an RV and you don't want it parked at a dealer for weeks to months while summer passes and you keep making payments you need to do some things yourself. You also need to be curious and learn how things in the RV actually work as opposed to a house. That helps keep you from breaking things by accident and also lets you discern when someone better skilled than yourself is prudent.

If you're a person who needs to "call the guy" for everything in your home you certainly still can own an RV. You just may not get as much enjoyment out of it as you could and it could easily sour you on the experience entirely.

I don't know about you but I couldn't afford to pay $130/hour or more for everything that needs to be done to my RV. Heck, I cringe when I see what dealers charge just for winterization or "roof inspections" but don't actually correct any issues because that's extra.

Ray
Thanks ! And of course, I completely agree.

Even if someone believes it's a arrogant comment, it might help someone considering RVing to understand that things are not a simple as others would like to make them out to be. Buyers running head long into something that they have no idea of, might make salesmen happy but doubtfully the new owners.
Started in the "Pumpkin" '79 Burnt Orange Dodge "Street Van" ... NW cruise, Canadian Rockies, Round trip to Alaska. Then' 94 Tioga Montara, '06 Jayco Jay Flight 5th Wheel. Workmanship decline started : '15 Thor Siesta & '17 Tiffin Breeze.
Another RV learning experience with our 2022 34KD Force.
2019 Jeep KL (Cherokee) TOAD
MevetS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 09:14 AM   #20
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MevetS
Even if someone believes it's a arrogant comment, it might help someone considering RVing to understand that things are not a simple as others would like to make them out to be. Buyers running head long into something that they have no idea of, might make salesmen happy but doubtfully the new owners.
It's all about performing your own due diligence before a purchase.

We had a 10' pop-up for over 10 years and got rid of it a few years before we upgraded to a 38' Georgetown. Needless to say, things had changed in the previous 16 years and the systems are a bit different from a pop-up to a motorhome.

I had never been on an RV'ing forum before our decision to buy a motorhome so I found some and read voraciously. Fortunately, we visited a couple of poor dealerships in our quest so I got some confirmation of what people were saying about how picking the correct dealership is almost as important for a beginner as is the floorplan.

I also learned by reading about how important the OCCC number is and how important the rear overhang percentage is. When we found models we liked I took a picture of their OCCC sticker and also computed the overhang ratio. We immediately dropped a few models from consideration even though we really liked their floorplan and decor.

Had we just gone in blind and selected a motorhome based on the floorplan and the aesthetics we might have sold the motorhome by now out of frustration. When we signed the purchase contract I told the dealer "I am fully prepared for this to be the worst decision of my entire life."

He laughed and said "Great! So it all gets better from here!"

Well, not exactly, because the first year was problem-laden. But we did have a good dealer and good manufacturer support and because I was fully prepared for the myriad of problems we might encounter in the first year it's worked out better than expected long-term.

And that's what matters to us.

Ray