Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2022, 02:12 PM   #1

If you need more Cowbell er Alternator power!

I enjoy running my forward GE AC/Heat Pump unit while driving down the road. No, I don't run the Genset because Dynamax was kind enough to install a second identical inverter.
However, the current LI-BIMs are turning off the charge to the house batteries 50% of the time. I have heard its 15min on, then 15 min off. Not good when your AC inverter is chewing through 169AHs of battery. The M2 has a 270amp alternator and the Isata 5s have two 220Amp alternators.
The folks at Precision Circuits did say I could put a manual switch on the dash and replace the booster switch but have you seen what it looks like to remove the dash? yikes They also mentioned that it would not be good to forget putting the switch back to normal when the engine is not running!

So, based upon information I got here, I purchased this;
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0852G3KFJ...roduct_details

The install is somewhat temporary because I am going to request that Dynamax install the Li-BIM in the correct location....this was something the dealer did due to an unforced Dynamax error of sending my coach out without the LI batteries I ordered. I am hopeful they will fix my flakey SOC as there are ground cables going everywhere and I think the shunt is being bypassed for many items.

This relay only works when the key is in the "on" position and you have to hit the remote to activate or deactivate the relay. Once the engine stops, you can hear it go back to the std. configuration. Very elegant if you ask me. I did almost hurt my arm patting myself on the back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WirelessRelay.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	315.7 KB
ID:	275952  

Tags
power