Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2018, 12:24 PM   #21
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barch View Post
Brian. Thanks for the information and reassurance. As noted, I'm scheduled for May 3rd production run. Is it possible to order an upgrade to Lithium batteries? The list prices are now around $1,000 and the weight savings would be approximately 70 lbs.
Unfortunately not....not something we offer at this time, but we continue to research their potential

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 03:25 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmay12 View Post
Lithium Batteries are awesome, any questions glad to answer them. $949 each or $899 with a Veterans Discount through Battle Born. The new Zamp Solar Controllers alaready have a Lithium Setting so you will be good there. Might have to change out the Converter Section of the PD4060 Power Control Center, about $200. I installed a Victron BMV-712 Monitor but not essential.

What is the weight savings? Can the Xantrex charge these?

2018 Isata 5 DS
sseaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 04:30 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseaner View Post
What is the weight savings? Can the Xantrex charge these?
Weight savings is 80 lbs for the two batteries. I had a Progressive Dynamics PD4060 Charger and I elected to replace the Converter Section of it with one recommended by Battle Born and Progressive Dynamics. Probably not necessary if you don't mind a slightly longer charge time. The new converter puts out 14.5V period. The Battle Borns do not require a Float setting or Eqalization. Since I almost exclusively dry camp I wanted the fastest possible recharge out of my generator.

I did a test the other night with a 70A (900W) Load down to 20%. Took over 2.5 hours and my Victron gauge showed 30 minutes left at that rate. After shutting off the Load I still showed 12.92V and ran my slide out and in twice with no effect. Plugged in RV power cord and recharged to 90% in 2 hours. These Batteries are flat amazing.

I don't know about the Xantrex but as long as it puts out between 14.2 and 14.6V it should work fine. Battle Born are very helpful and will answer questions about any equipment. Best upgrade I have done to date. I used to have to run my Generator to ensure enough voltage to move the slide but not anymore. The Voltage is consistently between 13 and 13.5V down to almost 20%.
USN-RET/DOD-RET
mlmay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 09:50 PM   #24

Quote:
Weight savings is 80 lbs for the two batteries. I had a Progressive Dynamics PD4060 Charger and I elected to replace the Converter Section of it with one recommended by Battle Born and Progressive Dynamics. Probably not necessary if you don't mind a slightly longer charge time. The new converter puts out 14.5V period. The Battle Borns do not require a Float setting or Eqalization. Since I almost exclusively dry camp I wanted the fastest possible recharge out of my generator.

I did a test the other night with a 70A (900W) Load down to 20%. Took over 2.5 hours and my Victron gauge showed 30 minutes left at that rate. After shutting off the Load I still showed 12.92V and ran my slide out and in twice with no effect. Plugged in RV power cord and recharged to 90% in 2 hours. These Batteries are flat amazing.

I don't know about the Xantrex but as long as it puts out between 14.2 and 14.6V it should work fine. Battle Born are very helpful and will answer questions about any equipment. Best upgrade I have done to date. I used to have to run my Generator to ensure enough voltage to move the slide but not anymore. The Voltage is consistently between 13 and 13.5V down to almost 20%.
Thanks for responding to my original post. Dynamax will not do a factory upgrade to lithium, so I will have to do it aftermarket. I contacted Progressive Dynamics and they confirmed that I will have to swap out my PD4060 charger/converter for a PD4060LICSV unit. Is that what you did or did you do something simpler? Thanks for help and thank you for serving our country.
Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:06 PM   #25

Quote:
Thanks for responding to my original post. Dynamax will not do a factory upgrade to lithium, so I will have to do it aftermarket. I contacted Progressive Dynamics and they confirmed that I will have to swap out my PD4060 charger/converter for a PD4060LICSV unit. Is that what you did or did you do something simpler? Thanks for help and thank you for serving our country.
That is what I did, that part is just the converter section of the Power Center. It is a very easy replacement and took about 30 minutes. I ordered it through Battle Born and got it for $190. Luckily your Zamp Solar Controller is a rercent model that will already have the Lithium Profile. It's a pricey upgrade with the Batteries but it is well worth it.
USN-RET/DOD-RET
Old 04-24-2018, 08:01 AM   #26

I just purchased a 24FW from Motorhomes2Go. I have never met them so it good to hear they are easy to work with. Does anyone know what the differences are, if any, between the 2018 and 2019? I assume it will built on the 2018 Sprinter chassis since I have a June 7th build date.
2recoveringpilots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:29 AM   #27

Quote:
That is what I did, that part is just the converter section of the Power Center. It is a very easy replacement and took about 30 minutes. I ordered it through Battle Born and got it for $190. Luckily your Zamp Solar Controller is a rercent model that will already have the Lithium Profile. It's a pricey upgrade with the Batteries but it is well worth it.

Thanks for the great info. I just sent them an email with a pic of my inverter and solar panel to check compatibility.

2018 Isata 5 DS
Old 04-24-2018, 09:40 AM   #28
Commercial Member

Lithium is no question a great solution to RV issues (primarily low voltage). Still some quirks, but boy does it solve a lot of user error problems.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 04:01 PM   #29

FYI I spoke to Battle Born batteries and their lithium batteries are plug and play for the Isata 5 with the Xantrex inverter and Go power solar. They even supplied the new settings for the Xantrex . Great customer support.

2018 Isata 5 DS
Old 04-24-2018, 04:10 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseaner View Post
FYI I spoke to Battle Born batteries and their lithium batteries are plug and play for the Isata 5 with the Xantrex inverter and Go power solar. They even supplied the new settings for the Xantrex . Great customer support.
Awesome, they do have great support.
USN-RET/DOD-RET
Old 04-26-2018, 07:02 PM   #31

Quote:
What size batteries did you go with?
Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:07 PM   #32
Always Learning

Quote:
What size batteries did you go with?

Looks like mlmay2 has 2 of the Battle Born 12v lithium drop-ins. Each battery is 100 amp hours (all of which are usable) and each is about the same size as a group 27 battery.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:22 PM   #33

Quote:
Lithium Batteries are awesome, any questions glad to answer them. $949 each or $899 with a Veterans Discount through Battle Born. The new Zamp Solar Controllers alaready have a Lithium Setting so you will be good there. Might have to change out the Converter Section of the PD4060 Power Control Center, about $200. I installed a Victron BMV-712 Monitor but not essential.
Big article on this in the current issue of trailer life magazine
Moosey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:05 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Looks like mlmay2 has 2 of the Battle Born 12v lithium drop-ins. Each battery is 100 amp hours (all of which are usable) and each is about the same size as a group 27 battery.
That is correct, very good.
USN-RET/DOD-RET