Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2018, 05:06 PM   #1

Increasing storage space- up and down washer/dryer

Before I get too far into this, I've decided to mount the dryer on top of the washer and remove the mid height shelf. I then will build a "pantry" style cabinet on the right side. I'd like to leave a little space in between the washer and dryer and pantry so I can store things like brooms, mops, etc.

Has anyone done this? I shouldn't be that difficult but that's probably my only complaint I have on our DX3, not one spot to store a mop or broom.

Thoughts?

Mark
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:43 PM   #2

Broom Storage

Not sure which model you have but mine has the dryer directly on top of the washer. There is still no room to do anything else and when the washer spins it really shakes the whole unit. I have seen others with the shelf between them and wished mine was like that. I had to stuff towels in between the washer and dryer and between the walls because it shook so much.
NV DX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:27 PM   #3
Commercial Member

stacked or not depends on whether they are in a slide. In a slide = less height. I asked about putting them all on shelves at one time.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
stacked or not depends on whether they are in a slide. In a slide = less height. I asked about putting them all on shelves at one time.
Mine are in a slide. Do you think I would be better off making a shelf and installing the dryer on it? Or just use the kit that basically bolts the dryer to the washer.
Old 06-26-2018, 12:35 AM   #5

Mine is a 2018 and had a bracket on the top of the washer attaching the two. It also had a bar going from wall to wall on the top with only one small screw attaching the bar to the dryer. It shook so bad on the spin cycle I had to put a molly in the wall as it was beginning to pull out from the wall. I think the shelf would be better.
NV DX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:07 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NV DX3 View Post
Mine is a 2018 and had a bracket on the top of the washer attaching the two. It also had a bar going from wall to wall on the top with only one small screw attaching the bar to the dryer. It shook so bad on the spin cycle I had to put a molly in the wall as it was beginning to pull out from the wall. I think the shelf would be better.
Thank you... I'll look into that.

Mark

Tags
storage