Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2020, 01:55 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Indiana under "stay at home"order....

As of tomorrow night at midnight, Indiana has a "Stay at home" order. I am trying to keep parts and service open, which I think is essential for those that use these as their primary residence. we'll see how that goes.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 02:42 PM   #2

In NJ 'essential' includes mechanics and service centers so you should not have a problem there. Not sure about parts, tho.

The order is a little unclear here as it also says unless you are unable to do you job from home. We are trying to keep our warehouse team going, if they are comfortable going in, but we are still waiting for clarification. If they want to work, we want to let them.

Be safe. Stay vigilant and healthy!

2020 Isata 5 30FW 4x4
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
TrailWayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:12 PM   #3

Pennsylvania car dealers were told to close sales and service according to my next door neighbor who works for a large Toyota dealership.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:29 PM   #4

Thor Industries Temporarily Halts Production in North America

04:26 PM EDT, 03/23/2020 (MT Newswires) -- Thor Industries (THO) said Monday that it is temporarily suspending all of its production in North America and a substantial portion of its production in Europe on the back of the evolving COVID-19 outbreak.

"We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely, including the work of the CDC, World Health Organization, and other government agencies, and will update our actions and policies as appropriate, " Bob Martin, the company's president and chief executive officer, said in a statement.

2020 Isata 5 30FW 4x4
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
TrailWayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:55 PM   #5

Service should be good. It is sales they usually deem as non-essential.

Best of luck to all of you out there, especially BC and the Dynamax team.

This crazy flu is hitting companies large and small, employees and everything in between.

We will get through it and then watch out: Pent up demand will hit hard me thinks!
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Service should be good. It is sales they usually deem as non-essential.

Best of luck to all of you out there, especially BC and the Dynamax team.

This crazy flu is hitting companies large and small, employees and everything in between.

We will get through it and then watch out: Pent up demand will hit hard me thinks!
Not "crazy flu", it's a lot worse.

Boeing just closed their huge factory in the county where I live.

Went from one confirmed cast to 29 in a week. First patient just died.

The Boeing facility is H-U-G-E, at one time considered one of the largest buildings in the US. So large it actually has it's own weather system inside including rain under the right conditions.

Boeing says they're going to completely sanitize the building in the next two weeks. That alone is going to be a monumental task.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:33 PM   #7

BTW, here's a link that shows which States have Stay at Home orders as of 6 hours ago.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/us/co...rnd/index.html

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Not "crazy flu", it's a lot worse.

Boeing just closed their huge factory in the county where I live.

Went from one confirmed cast to 29 in a week. First patient just died.

The Boeing facility is H-U-G-E, at one time considered one of the largest buildings in the US. So large it actually has it's own weather system inside including rain under the right conditions.

Boeing says they're going to completely sanitize the building in the next two weeks. That alone is going to be a monumental task.
Pick any adjective you like: Crazy; Bad; Aweful; Terrible; et al.
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:23 PM   #9

I can't believe Florida isn't on the list. 60% (600) of our cases are in 2 counties. As transient as we are I see it multiplying qucikly
outlawten5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:41 PM   #10

Tell Greg he's welcome to come hide out on the beach with us so long as he brings parts
Old 03-24-2020, 03:43 AM   #11

Thank you Brian for the update - thanks to this forum we all have a communication line to support and communicate - we greatly appreciate the factory input and support and we know you will do everything you can to support us all - we are only part timers but we have been calling “ Hariet” our DX3 home since December 26th and not sure when our journey will end at home ate this point ( it was supposed to end the 1st week in April - but now we are taking “ one day at a time “

We all shall persevere !

Thanks again!
Old 03-24-2020, 05:25 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Pennsylvania car dealers were told to close sales and service according to my next door neighbor who works for a large Toyota dealership.
My friend in PA is a Toyota dealer service rep — you know — one of those guys who sits behind a desk where you pull into the service area and tries to sell you everything you don’t need when all you came in for was an oil change. He is still working.

Bruce
Old 03-24-2020, 06:40 AM   #13

In CA son's gf can only sell cars online. There may be a small sales cadre available in the showroom, I'm not clear on that.

Service is open though.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:04 AM   #14
Commercial Member

So far, we have had all of parts and service volunteer to work. The employees from Michigan are working from home and the ones from Indiana are coming in.

Just to be clear, we can't order parts (most suppliers are closed)....but if we have the parts on hand, they can still ship. We will run this way until we can't or we go back to full production.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:50 AM   #15
D W

Any more of these "stay at home", "shelter in place" or "hunker down" orders from politicians are futile. Most of them amount to closing the gate after the all the cows got out. There is no way in this country you're going to isolate 330 million people from everyday life. There are too many things that are essential to the human being. Like any other virus, this one will run it's course, and there will be a mortality factor. That's a fact of life.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:19 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
Any more of these "stay at home", "shelter in place" or "hunker down" orders from politicians are futile. Most of them amount to closing the gate after the all the cows got out. There is no way in this country you're going to isolate 330 million people from everyday life. There are too many things that are essential to the human being. Like any other virus, this one will run it's course, and there will be a mortality factor. That's a fact of life.
Well you would be wrong on most of your points but the idea behind "shelter in place" is to SLOW the spread of the virus such that the hospitals are not overwhelmed such that folks are dying because of a lack of equipment and supplies. Might still end up being the same number of cases, but we give Healthcare providers a chance to save people. FLATTEN THE CURVE means something that's why the term is used.
BigRockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 01:09 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRockr View Post
Well you would be wrong on most of your points but the idea behind "shelter in place" is to SLOW the spread of the virus such that the hospitals are not overwhelmed such that folks are dying because of a lack of equipment and supplies. Might still end up being the same number of cases, but we give Healthcare providers a chance to save people. FLATTEN THE CURVE means something that's why the term is used.
X2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Flatten the curve.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	225687  

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:08 PM   #18

Mr. Clemens,
In regards to the shutdown I ordered a back window for a 2018 Isata 3 through my dealer several weeks ago. It was broken by a rock from a lawnmower. I checked with them today and they’re saying it still hasn’t shipped from the factory. Not sure why it takes so long to get a standard part like a window but should I forget about the window in lieu of the shutdown? I had a trip planned for 2 weeks from now.
Ccmebane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:20 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
So far, we have had all of parts and service volunteer to work. The employees from Michigan are working from home and the ones from Indiana are coming in.

Just to be clear, we can't order parts (most suppliers are closed)....but if we have the parts on hand, they can still ship. We will run this way until we can't or we go back to full production.

Brian, I sent a direct message with no response. My brand new rig is sitting at the dealer waiting on a missing wiring harness to the propane tank. They have stated I can take delivery of unit if it arrives and there are no further restrictions on their business. At this point I do not have any indication this harness is available or being delivered. I’m also not sure how it left the factory with this missing as there are clearly two unhooked wires hanging from the solenoid under the unit.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5574.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	545.3 KB
ID:	225690
No longer mine: 2006 Rockwood Roo 23SS
All pop-up and tent camping before...
mjbenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:25 AM   #20
Dynamax Service Rep

I believe that the dealership is misinformed,the harness that you mention is built into our harness,likely zip tied up near the solonoid,yellow with black to solonoid,orange and whit to guage
GTinsman is offline   Reply With Quote