Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2018, 09:03 AM   #1

Is it odd or just me noticing this?

As I scan through the topics of what people post in the Dynamax forum, I see so many more "issues" with the Isata brands. Is it just a run of bad luck or are they more prone to having problems.

That was meant with NO disrespect at all to that level of coach but I see a lot of posts about DX3's but mostly questions, not problems and I see almost zero of the XL (except LTZ's problem with the suspension)

Are there just more Isata's on the road so therefore statistically there would be more problems or do they just have more problems?

I ask because a friend of mine is interested in a DX3 but says he wishes they had a bit smaller version. (thus why I suggested an Isata)

Just curious.

Thanks,

Mark
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 10:02 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
Are there just more Isata's on the road so therefore statistically there would be more problems or do they just have more problems?
Mark
Correct.

Based on unit volume, the Isata brands represent over 75% of the units we sell.

Force, DX3 and XL combining for the other 25%

That's the nature of price points. The lower the $$$, the larger the market. Not to say the Isata is cheap by any stretch...we are in most cases the higher priced brands. Just that they are less than an M2 upfit.

However, the Isata 5, runs down the exact same line as the M2 truck. Same workers, same engineers, same QC and in most cases same components. Just a different chassis.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 10:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Correct.

Based on unit volume, the Isata brands represent over 75% of the units we sell.

Force, DX3 and XL combining for the other 25%

That's the nature of price points. The lower the $$$, the larger the market. Not to say the Isata is cheap by any stretch...we are in most cases the higher priced brands. Just that they are less than an M2 upfit.

However, the Isata 5, runs down the exact same line as the M2 truck. Same workers, same engineers, same QC and in most cases same components. Just a different chassis.

WOW... 75%?? I didn't realize the market was so large. That's great for ya'll but I think you'll find in the next couple of years, the DX3 and Force market is going to increase sharply.

I can't tell you how many Class A diesel pusher guys have come checked out my DX3 and find it a happy medium between a C class and an A class.

And just so it was said... I was not disrespecting the Isata product, I just see a lot more issues which of course makes sense now, a lot more of them on the road.

That especially makes sense because other than LTZ's XL, I've only seen 1 other one ever.

Mark
Old 07-09-2018, 10:34 AM   #4
Commercial Member

No worries. We sell about 30-40 XL's a year. Again, it is the most expensive we build so that's how it works with any product.

Old 07-09-2018, 01:46 PM   #5

I've noticed a similar thing on Renegade groups. Way more questions on the Mercedes and Fright-liner S2RV based units than others. The price of those is much more approachable... I think the S2RV would have probably worked for me too, but I wanted a bit more...

I'm actually surprised Dynamax does not offer and S2RV platform as that and the ISATA5 appear to be a good sweet spot of the market. I think Renegade is coming out with a direct competitor of the ISATA5 based on a Ford F550 this year. I have not seen one, but think it is called a Veracruz.

That size would have also met my needs, but to get the wife on-board with the RV thing.. I needed more room.
wfo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:58 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo9 View Post
I'm actually surprised Dynamax does not offer and S2RV .
We looked at it...and in the end it was just lipstick on an M2-28k, which was the same exact chassis everyone wanted out of after they owned it. Seneca owners and regular Force owners alike. They all wanted to step up to the ISL from the ISB. Plus the M2-106 got you the 20k towing.

Sooo, what the S2RV gets you is the 10k towing capacity on a rig that couldn't effectively tow 5k. So we passed and dropped the 28k.

I do know they are coming out with the F550. I am told they copied the 36DS floor plan, but have not seen it.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:07 PM   #7

I did see the S2RV ups the GCWR to 38k somehow. Any idea what changed there? I always wondered how they expected you to tow 10k with a 33k combined rating. 38k makes it a little bit more plausible but I still wouldn’t want to do it with the ISB on that heavy of a rig.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:16 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Funny thing you mention that. I asked FCCC what the GCWR was and they would not give me a number. The GCWR was to be dictated by us, the mfg, based on our testing. So we could put whatever never we wanted as long as we backed it up. I asked multiple times, trying to get a GCWR and they would not give me one. Another reason we passed.

Short answer, creative liberties.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:27 PM   #9

Wait, whaaaaaaaaat???

The people making the chassis won’t tell you what it’s rated for!?!

Yeeesh that’s scary and a half.

Is that the same as the 54k on the M2-33k?
Old 07-09-2018, 02:41 PM   #10

S2RV, M2, 28k, 33k,10k????? Y'all make this too difficult. I called a dealer and was asking about a Seneca and he told me if I had a few dollars more I would be an idiot not to get the Dynamax. I said well ok and ordered one....
Old 07-09-2018, 03:28 PM   #11
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
S2RV, M2, 28k, 33k,10k????? Y'all make this too difficult. I called a dealer and was asking about a Seneca and he told me if I had a few dollars more I would be an idiot not to get the Dynamax. I said well ok and ordered one....
lol...I recall a much longer process. But, the winners of war write the history and as a buyer, you are the winner.

THE Brian...all I know is that my paperwork from Truck Centers says 54k on the GCWR. that is what they rate it at and we pass that info on. I asked for the same thing from Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp and they would not give me a number. Allison does not list a number either.

M2-33K is rated for a GCWR of 54k
M2-28K was only rated for 33k. (so 5k of towing)

And Mountieman is right...its a lot of numbers and k's. Even I'm confused.

Old 07-09-2018, 03:31 PM   #12

Fair enough. All very interesting.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:58 PM   #13

For the renegade S2RV GVWR is 31K, CGWR is 46K, but they only put on a 12k hitch.

The motor actually makes a little more HP than the 8.9, but 800TQ which is 200 or more TQ less depending on which of the 8.9 versions you are comparing it to.

I really don't know all that much about them, but talked to a guy who has the Renegade version and he claims it tows 10k great. The claim is it rides smoother overall than the m2, but I did not bother to test drive one.

I've also heard many negatives about the Seneca and I let that dismiss the FRV chassis in my search. Probably still would have went with the M2, but should have at least looked at them and test drove.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:02 PM   #14
Commercial Member

yes, we can upgrade the ISB on the M2 as well to 360 HP and 800 Ft lbs, but the issue for us was, for just a little bit more we can get to the ISL.

And the "custom tuned Sach's shocks" are the same ones we take off the M2 and pitch. Putting Bilstein's in their place.

Old 07-09-2018, 04:22 PM   #15

Quote:
yes, we can upgrade the ISB on the M2 as well to 360 HP and 800 Ft lbs, but the issue for us was, for just a little bit more we can get to the ISL.

And the "custom tuned Sach's shocks" are the same ones we take off the M2 and pitch. Putting Bilstein's in their place.
Right, Make sense. Might as well step up if you are already that big....

But I did hear from several people that it actually rides and performs pretty nice. Maybe because the tank is centered in the rear... I have no idea... I just removed it from my list after hearing the Seneca was a bit of a mess and forgot to even consider it as a viable Super C for towing. Plus I wanted like 600hp and 2k TQ LOL
Old 07-09-2018, 06:34 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
As I scan through the topics of what people post in the Dynamax forum, I see so many more "issues" with the Isata brands. Is it just a run of bad luck or are they more prone to having problems.

That was meant with NO disrespect at all to that level of coach but I see a lot of posts about DX3's but mostly questions, not problems and I see almost zero of the XL (except LTZ's problem with the suspension)

I ask because a friend of mine is interested in a DX3 but says he wishes they had a bit smaller version. (thus why I suggested an Isata)

Just curious.

Thanks,

Mark
Well I’m a little late to this discussion but.... I chose to buy (order) the Isata because Dynamax brought out the 30FW. I could have purchased ANY of the other moedels but I wanted that particular smaller size. Given a 32 ft DX3 and I probably would have bought it. Size matters when choosing a vehicle for a life style. Never the less I assume I will get the same quality and attention to detail of the larger units within the constraints of the smaller lighter chassis. No washer/dryer, no fireplace, no ceramic tile, no e.t.c. , but no less quality! I’ll see you on the road some time in my 1st class smaller Dynamax.
😎
Working hard on “elderhood”
RKBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:34 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKBob View Post
Well I’m a little late to this discussion but.... I chose to buy (order) the Isata because Dynamax brought out the 30FW. I could have purchased ANY of the other moedels but I wanted that particular smaller size. Given a 32 ft DX3 and I probably would have bought it. Size matters when choosing a vehicle for a life style. Never the less I assume I will get the same quality and attention to detail of the larger units within the constraints of the smaller lighter chassis. No washer/dryer, no fireplace, no ceramic tile, no e.t.c. , but no less quality! I’ll see you on the road some time in my 1st class smaller Dynamax.
😎
Just so it was said, I hope I didn't offend anyone. I was not saying anything negative, I just see a lot of posts where people are looking for help on something and it seems most of them are the Isata's.

I didn't realize that they took up such a large percentage of the buying population which would explain why you would see more problems.

Hope to see you on their road sometime... just not on the side of the road...lol

Mark
Old 07-09-2018, 11:24 PM   #18

Quote:
lol...I recall a much longer process. But, the winners of war write the history and as a buyer, you are the winner.

And Mountieman is right...its a lot of numbers and k's. Even I'm confused.
What? I don’t remember any of the such. Just a nice smooth process with no questions, concerns, or arguments. LOL

Also let’s document and save the last comment, “ Mountieman is right “. Y’all see that and I even snapped a pic with my phone. LOL. Y’all remember I am right.
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:11 AM   #19

Quote:
What? I don’t remember any of the such. Just a nice smooth process with no questions, concerns, or arguments. LOL

Also let’s document and save the last comment, “ Mountieman is right “. Y’all see that and I even snapped a pic with my phone. LOL. Y’all remember I am right.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while...
Old 07-10-2018, 09:17 AM   #20

Quote:

Also let’s document and save the last comment, “ Mountieman is right “.

It was a TYPO!!! Don't get excited.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote