Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2020, 04:32 PM   #1

Isata 3 24RW

BClemens,

Reading through the postings, saving weight seems to be paramount on the 3500 chassis.

I am looking to order an Isata 3 24RW with options:Auto-Leveling,Theater Seats, Booster Cushions, Diesel Generator, Solar Panels and Cocktail Table

I really would like these options, especially the auto-leveling, as I am older and find it ever more difficult to level the manual way. With your latest weight trimming refinements that you referred to in a couple of posts in 2019, what will my 2021 CCC look like? I ask, because I get conflicting info on line.

Also, I just saw a picture from Wagner (Sales) showing the Theater Seats in the current production line, with the two small tables mounted directly to the front of the chairs. I really do not like them. Are there no other options?

In an earlier post, you mentioned you were talking with the maker of the hydraulic levelers about making lighter electric ones. Has that discussion gone anywhere?

Talking with Wagner, I am considering replacing the bathroom door with a privacy curtain, because of the tight quarters in the hall of the RW. How much weight would that save?
WCStarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 05:07 PM   #2

Do you want the diesel generator because you want to boondock extensively? That adds a good bit of weight over propane.

Agree with you on the levers, don’t forget you drop the stabilizers and the next gain is not too bad.
Old 06-08-2020, 06:29 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCStarks View Post
BClemens,

Reading through the postings, saving weight seems to be paramount on the 3500 chassis.

I am looking to order an Isata 3 24RW with options:Auto-Leveling,Theater Seats, Booster Cushions, Diesel Generator, Solar Panels and Cocktail Table

I really would like these options, especially the auto-leveling, as I am older and find it ever more difficult to level the manual way. With your latest weight trimming refinements that you referred to in a couple of posts in 2019, what will my 2021 CCC look like? I ask, because I get conflicting info on line.

Also, I just saw a picture from Wagner (Sales) showing the Theater Seats in the current production line, with the two small tables mounted directly to the front of the chairs. I really do not like them. Are there no other options?

In an earlier post, you mentioned you were talking with the maker of the hydraulic levelers about making lighter electric ones. Has that discussion gone anywhere?

Talking with Wagner, I am considering replacing the bathroom door with a privacy curtain, because of the tight quarters in the hall of the RW. How much weight would that save?
Weight: if you do not get the cab-over bunk, I think that might put you in the 800-900lbs range.

Theater Seats: I am not sure the picture you are referring to, but if it is the Lagun table, then, yes, that's the only option. But the table comes off of the mount pretty easily and all that is left is an aluminum rectangle. We had smaller tables that just popped into a little hole, but most people felt like those were too small. You can always opt to not use the tables and craft your own solution as some others have done.

Levelers: conversation went pretty much no where.

Door: if you replace the door with a curtain...might save 20lbs. That is a hollow core door....maybe 26lbs if my memory serves me correctly.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 09:51 AM   #4

Thank you for your reply. Please see my post in reply to your post about the new recliners with the lagun tables. I have made a suggestion there for what I believe is a more elegant and practical table solution than the lagun solution. If need be, I will make my own solution, which would be as in that suggestion, but I want and NEED the recliners with the center arm rest. Can I still get that?
WCStarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 01:03 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Quote:
Thank you for your reply. Please see my post in reply to your post about the new recliners with the lagun tables. I have made a suggestion there for what I believe is a more elegant and practical table solution than the lagun solution. If need be, I will make my own solution, which would be as in that suggestion, but I want and NEED the recliners with the center arm rest. Can I still get that?
I responded in the other post to clarify your request and yes, you can request a special order of manual recliners (no power, heat or massage). Just like the old way...I'm sure that supplier would let us order one.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:48 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
OK, it looks like you are already working with Michael Wagner offline. It sounds like seeing a lot of older pictures combined with newer pictures are creating quite a bit of confusion. So to confirm, the only one that does not have the center section is the 60" versions which I think is just the 30FW today (working on a cushion). Then we have some where the center section is a manual recliner (34KD, 24FW). The 24RW would have a center section.

So to prevent confusion...I would finish everything up with Wags, then post the conclusion so we're not crossing threads.