Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2022, 03:13 PM   #1

Isata 3 - Anderson Valve - “City” Selection

On our recent trip, I connected the Motorhome to city water and turned the Anderson valve to the “City” (6 o’clock) selection, however I forgot to actually turn on the hose spigot. My pump switch was still in the on position.

Much to my surprise, water from the tank was still flowing from the faucet (when it was turned on) via the pump.

Is this normal?

Although I have never tried this before, I just assumed the Anderson valve needed to be in the “Normal” (12 o’clock) position in order to pump water from the MH tank using the water pump.

As soon as I opened the water spigot and turned the pump switch off, the city water flowed per usual.

Thanks!!!
jneum525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 03:53 PM   #2

I think it's normal. I vaguely remember making that mistake once. In fact, I didn't discover it until the middle of the night when I washed my hands and heard the pump turn on. Twasn't pleasant to go out in the middle of the night to turn on the spigot.
Old 05-23-2022, 11:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
I think it's normal. I vaguely remember making that mistake once. In fact, I didn't discover it until the middle of the night when I washed my hands and heard the pump turn on. Twasn't pleasant to go out in the middle of the night to turn on the spigot.

Thanks …snowbird. I guess we both stumbled upon that. Just makes me wonder why the “normal” position even exists since the “City” selection appears to be a dual purpose selection.
jneum525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 11:23 PM   #4

These are rvs. I gave up looking for logic in the way the components work long ago.
Old 05-25-2022, 10:16 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Quote:
These are rvs. I gave up looking for logic in the way the components work long ago.
I also know....no matter how we design it, once it is out in the wild, someone will find a way to break it.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 10:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I also know....no matter how we design it, once it is out in the wild, someone will find a way to break it.
Very true.
I don't think it's the designers. They work with parts from other manufacturers and are dependent on information provided by the manufacturers. No matter how much quality testing you do, you can't test everything. Only 'real world' testing by owners reveal problems or gremlins.
Old 05-25-2022, 10:51 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Quote:
Very true.
I don't think it's the designers. They work with parts from other manufacturers and are dependent on information provided by the manufacturers. No matter how much quality testing you do, you can't test everything. Only 'real world' testing by owners reveal problems or gremlins.

The biggest issue is really "weeding through the noise".

The loudest people are the ones where we are not building something the way that "they" use it. So we hear non-stop how it is an issue and its wrong. So we end up making a change....only to find out the majority of the people were perfectly happy using it the way that it was and now complain that they can't any more.

It's a never ending cycle.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
select, valve