Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2018, 12:27 PM   #1

Isata 3 - Auto leveler service access

How do you service, check the fluid level, and add hydraulic fluid if needed for the auto leveler system in the Isata 3? Is it a "crawl under coach, reach up" kind of process or is there an easy to access secret compartment? I think I know the answer but just checking. Thanks!
Old 11-17-2018, 07:42 PM   #2

Here are a couple of Pics from the factory tour. It looks like it is almost impossible to access/service.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3054.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	340.8 KB
ID:	191666   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3057.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	444.5 KB
ID:	191667  
Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 11:44 PM   #3

Yikes... Hoping for the secret compartment response but doubt that is the answer. Looks near impossible to access.
Old 11-18-2018, 11:46 PM   #4

Still looking for service/maintenance access information
Old 11-19-2018, 09:56 PM   #5

I will bump this back to the top. Seems like a very reasonable request to get an answer. Looks pretty tight to me.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 11:14 AM   #6

I have never had to check hydraulic fluids in tools or equipment. The fluid is not subject to high heat so it doesn't break down. The only problem I can see is air in the lines because of a loose fitting or a cut line. I think it is great that you are not getting any response, means no one has had any problems with the closed circuit.
Go UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 10:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman55 View Post
I will bump this back to the top. Seems like a very reasonable request to get an answer. Looks pretty tight to me.
I find it kind of strange that we've heard crickets from someone (ie factory...) regarding this question. It is quite important that when the time comes, access information is available. Even if the answer is " only accessed from underneath and almost impossible to service" at least we know what to expect. Based on the pictures provided, it would seem impossible to access in an emergency outside of a service facility.....not good. Some kind of an access panel should have been built in by the engineers, one would think.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:28 AM   #8
Commercial Member

I'm not sure how strange it is. I was just giving time to see if any other user had the same question and/or answer for their rig.

I have not personally had anyone need to service the system. It is closed...so to check the level you should be able to look at the level in the tank. The fill level is etched on the side of the plastic tank. As for filling...you shouldn't need to, but if you do, there are some bulb style fill devises that can get fluid in there.

Easy to access? no. But part of that issue is that the need to access should be extremely low.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 03:50 PM   #9

Thanks Brian. It sounds like the answer is that the Equalizer system is pretty much not serviceable in the Isata 3. Looking at the pictures, they indicate the same. Here is hoping nothing ever goes wrong.
Old 11-26-2018, 03:56 PM   #10
Commercial Member

I don't know that I would agree with that assessment. If it needs to be serviced it can be, it is not easy to get to, but if need be we can drop the system. I will agree that I hope nothing ever goes wrong...I hope that for everything.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 04:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I don't know that I would agree with that assessment. If it needs to be serviced it can be, it is not easy to get to, but if need be we can drop the system. I will agree that I hope nothing ever goes wrong...I hope that for everything.
I misspoke regarding not serviceable. Dropping the system out from the coach to work on it is certainly doable by the factory or a good dealer, but not something the customer could do at home or on the road. Just thinking out loud, a cutout somewhere to access it would be something to think about in the future. To think a solenoid or valve will never malfunction is probably not realistic. Just sayin..
Old 11-27-2018, 01:09 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemdd View Post
I misspoke regarding not serviceable. Dropping the system out from the coach to work on it is certainly doable by the factory or a good dealer, but not something the customer could do at home or on the road. Just thinking out loud, a cutout somewhere to access it would be something to think about in the future. To think a solenoid or valve will never malfunction is probably not realistic. Just sayin..
X2.
Barch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service