Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2020, 11:58 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneum525 View Post

Quick update on my problem. Spoke to tech support at Precision Circuits earlier. Very helpful, however the tech was not the main troubleshooter and so I am awaiting a call back. At first glance it sounds as though the Battery Isolator Relay may be bad.

As a further test, I turned the ignition on (engine not running), had DW push and hold the switch that connects the house and chassis batteries and even though the relay clicks, the voltage at the Coach and Chassis batteries did not change.

Also started the engine and the voltage at the coach batteries does not increase as a result of the vehicle's alternator running. 14+ volts at the Chassis battery/no change at the Coach batteries (~13.3 or 13.4V).

Attached is a pic of my BCC. Does it look normal to have half of the fuse ports wo a fuse in them? Since I purchased the coach used, I have no idea if any fuses have been removed, but am assuming they have not been.

Also attached a Battery Isolation Manager troubleshooting document from Precision Circuits. Even though it is for a different BIM, the guy said the logic is the same...

More to follow...
The circuit has logic and timers. Just because you plug in the coach doesn’t mean its converter will start charging the chassis battery.

Similarly, just because you start the engine does not mean it’s alternator will start charging the coach batteries.

However if over a period of time the converter does not charge the chassis battery, then the BCC may be bad. The troubleshooting guide should be helpful. Good luck!
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 09:12 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
The circuit has logic and timers. Just because you plug in the coach doesn’t mean its converter will start charging the chassis battery.

Similarly, just because you start the engine does not mean it’s alternator will start charging the coach batteries.

However if over a period of time the converter does not charge the chassis battery, then the BCC may be bad. The troubleshooting guide should be helpful. Good luck!
Thanks Mlmay12. Will PM if I decide to go lithium. Appreciate the offer...

As for my problem MNtraveler, it was resolved thankfully as indicated in post #27...
Thanks

Tags
battery, charging