Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2019, 09:09 AM   #1

Isata 3 dinette for theater seats swap

I have a 2019 Isata 3 FW with the dinette, and was wondering if anyone has experience with removing the bench seats and replacing them with theater seats! Specific questions:
1. Would the weights be similar?
2. Does the vinyl wall covering extend down to the floor of the slide behind the bench back rests?
3.How is the dinette attached to the slide and will removing it leave holes in the floor or sidewalls?
4.There is a 3”x3” square conduit or raceway along the back floor from bench to bench...what is in it and would it have to be removed to fit theater seats?
5.Any recommendations as to specific brand of theater seat?

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts/experiences!
docswisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 12:06 PM   #2
Commercial Member

1. yes
2. yes
3. Screws/lags. Yes, it will leave some screw holes potentially. Most can be puttied...nothing major
4. It is a raceway for wires. should not need removed.
5. not from me.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 03:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
1. yes
2. yes
3. Screws/lags. Yes, it will leave some screw holes potentially. Most can be puttied...nothing major
4. It is a raceway for wires. should not need removed.
5. not from me.
I switched mine out and went with Thomas Payne electric powered theater seats. We love them. Found them at Camping World.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 04:31 PM   #4

I really appreciate Mr. Clemens prompt reply. Having such direct input from “the boss” is one of the things that sets Dynamax apart from the competition. I see from the list of Dynamax Suppliers on this forum four listed under
“sofa”....Flexsteel, Lippert, Lexington, and Williamsburg. Who makes the Theater Seat that comes as a factory option?
Old 03-27-2019, 07:56 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Williamsburg currently.

PS. Lippert (AKA LCI) has now bought Lexington.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:11 AM   #6

Thanks...it really looks great in the brochure pictures[emoji3]
Old 04-04-2019, 08:23 PM   #7

Anyone have issues with slide after recliner installation

I just replaced my dinette in my iata 3 fw with the dual recliner. My local dealer purchased from Dynamax factory and installed for me. Love them - make the rig so much more useful. Any long term issues with increasing weight on the slide?
jnlegran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 06:01 AM   #8

Looking to revive this thread....

Contemplating changing out the dinette for either theater seats or the sofa/bed and was wondering if anyone has some before and after pics they could share. When looking for our coach, I was looking for an FW with one or the other, but all I could find were coaches with the dinette.

We purchased our coach with the dinette and it was our only compromise in all of the options/configurations/colors that were on our check list, so I guess that was pretty good as I always knew I could change it out if not happy with the dinette.

The questions and answers in OP were great. Have a few more if you would indulge me.

1) What did folks use to fill the holes left behind from the dinette?

2) Were there any patched holes that were used to fasten the dinette that were visible, once the theater seats/sofa were/was installed?

3) Did you move the seatbelts to work with the Theater seats/sofa?

4) If so, how are they attached? Lag bolts or bolts w/ nuts and washers?

5) Does evrything fit through the door or ??? for removal of the old and install of the new seats/sofa?

6) Does anyone offer theater seats that fill the entire width of the space where they go? All I have seen are pics where there is a gap on the left and right side.

7) I have seen a number of posts that discuss the tv tray type options. Sounds like some are not pleased with the current manufacturers offerings. Thoughts on what you have and if you are happy with them?

Thank you...
Old 09-09-2020, 07:04 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneum525 View Post
Looking to revive this thread....

Contemplating changing out the dinette for either theater seats or the sofa/bed and was wondering if anyone has some before and after pics they could share. When looking for our coach, I was looking for an FW with one or the other, but all I could find were coaches with the dinette.

We purchased our coach with the dinette and it was our only compromise in all of the options/configurations/colors that were on our check list, so I guess that was pretty good as I always knew I could change it out if not happy with the dinette.

The questions and answers in OP were great. Have a few more if you would indulge me.

1) What did folks use to fill the holes left behind from the dinette?

2) Were there any patched holes that were used to fasten the dinette that were visible, once the theater seats/sofa were/was installed?

3) Did you move the seatbelts to work with the Theater seats/sofa?

4) If so, how are they attached? Lag bolts or bolts w/ nuts and washers?

5) Does evrything fit through the door or ??? for removal of the old and install of the new seats/sofa?

6) Does anyone offer theater seats that fill the entire width of the space where they go? All I have seen are pics where there is a gap on the left and right side.

7) I have seen a number of posts that discuss the tv tray type options. Sounds like some are not pleased with the current manufacturers offerings. Thoughts on what you have and if you are happy with them?

Thank you...
1 I didn’t fill any holes, all were covered by the theater seats.
2 no
3 no
4 N/A
5 yes
6 Not sure. I built a console and installed it in between the seats to fill the gap. Keep in mind that mine is an RW and I’m not sure the space is the same size.
7 I built mine to attach to the center console. They store inside the console when not needed. I also made a small table for when I don’t need the table's. I’ll post some pictures for you.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Old 09-09-2020, 07:17 AM   #10

Measure the space occupied by the dinette and you will probably find it’s a standard size.

Recpro has a lot of different widths available.

https://www.recpro.com
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:17 AM   #11

Pictures of the dinette conversion

Click image for larger version

Name:	41835811-DCF8-4EE8-AED7-85A94D80D066.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	257.9 KB
ID:	238713

Name:	426636ED-4880-4BB5-8432-B8B6D679C940.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	267.6 KB
ID:	238714

Name:	F1AAA1F5-61F1-4F36-96C8-44CBFC17E0C2.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	238715
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Old 09-09-2020, 07:21 AM   #12
Commercial Member

6. We developed a "triple" theater seat. We use it in the 24FW and the 34KD which both have 78" wide openings. That means two power seats on the outside and a center seat that is manual. We are working on a removable arm rest, but that is delayed due to shortages.

7. We used to offer a small table that dropped in, some found that too small and wanted something bigger. Many mentioned the Lagun table mounts. So, we got rid of the small one and went to the lagun table mounts and them some found them too big and bulky.

So we're like Rocky in Rocky 4.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	117
Size:	357.0 KB
ID:	238716  

Old 09-09-2020, 10:51 AM   #13

Thank you all. Much appreciated...

Any FW owners that have made the conversion. Interested to get as much info as possible on how/what folks did.

Thanks again.
Old 09-11-2020, 12:56 PM   #14

Quote:
6. We developed a "triple" theater seat. We use it in the 24FW and the 34KD which both have 78" wide openings. That means two power seats on the outside and a center seat that is manual. We are working on a removable arm rest, but that is delayed due to shortages.

Hi Brian,
Got delayed and was just looking on the Dynamax website this morning for pics of the theater seats you referenced above, but all I see is pics of the theater seats w and w/o the center console. Do you have any pics of the "triple" seat you mentioned and any additional info on the removable armrest that you mentioned you are working on?

Are you getting this "triple" theater seat unit from Williamsburg furniture?

Thanks as always.
Old 09-11-2020, 01:00 PM   #15
Commercial Member

Our cheat sheet that we posted has all of the options shown.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...rs-205460.html

I have no more information on the arm rest. Once I do I will post it here.

We buy the Triple from Lexington Furniture, which is a division of LCI now.

Old 12-17-2020, 12:57 PM   #16

theater seat swap

I am looking at a used 2020 Isata 3 FW that has the dinette and want to get the triple seat theater seats. Would a local dealership be the way to go so that it doesn't cause problems with the slide? Also how difficult is it to add the automatic leveling system? These are the two items that this coach does not have.
sasha143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 01:27 PM   #17

There is no issue with the slide from swapping out the dinette. Any RV shop could do the work as it’s pretty basic stuff.

The leveler that Dynamax uses is Equalizer and they will install after market if you contact them.

https://equalizersystems.com/product...inter-chassis/
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 01:50 PM   #18

Thanks Milkman. That makes it an easy decision on purchasing this coach. I will know more tomorrow when I go to see and drive it, but if that is all that I need to get all my wants, then it will be a no brainer. I really like this forum. Now that I am about to be a Dynamax Isata 3 owner, I will be on it often to get assistance in my new journey.
sasha143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 03:17 PM   #19

Quote:
Our cheat sheet that we posted has all of the options shown.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...rs-205460.html

I have no more information on the arm rest. Once I do I will post it here.

We buy the Triple from Lexington Furniture, which is a division of LCI now.

Still considering a switch to the triple theater seats in our 24FW. I am ready to go, but DW thinks she will miss the table space when cooking. A work in progress, I guess.

Brian,
Do you have a link handy for Lexington or do you know if they sell directly to the public or would I need to purchase it through Dynamax or another Lexington dealer? I am finding Lexington home furniture, but not for RV.
Thanks as always...
PS: Anything new on that arm rest?
Old 02-07-2021, 11:54 AM   #20
Commercial Member

Lexington is now owned by LCI. You can look at LCI and their Thomas Payne collection. That is what we use.

Tags
heater