Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2020, 01:15 PM   #81

I did the Sumo's in rear and I feel it helped quite a bit. I may add the Bilsteins next year, though I might wait until after I replace the tires with Michelins and see how it handles then.
RolandRevenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 09:41 PM   #82

We drove our 2017 Isata 3 all the way from Vancouver Island to Cabo San Lucas and back.
During the trip we experienced a wide variety of road surfaces and conditions.

I do admit to have installed Sumos on both axles. Other than that, our suspension is the way it came from Dynamax.
I like to say that the MB performed great. Overall we are very happy with our choice of RV.

Marinus
Radar224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 04:32 PM   #83

Get weighed to find out tire pressure

We got weighed at the 2019 Frog Rally and found we were grossly overinflated. At GVWR we are 55 on front and 60 on rear. We now have a much better ride and less sway.
Our dealer had all tires at 70! We had named it “Rolling thunder.” Get weighed and witness the improvement.
Sheldon3
Isata 3 2018 midyear
Sheldon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 11:37 AM   #84

We put Michelins all around and found the ride improved, though I never thought it was bad. We are the ones passing other class Cs and semi trucks passing doesn't push us around. We are adding the Bilsteins to the rear, as we don't like the sway from uneven surfaces when entering/leaving the roadway. Will update everyone once we get them installed. Ours has the Hellwig (came standard). We have not installed sumos or made any other modifications.
Kimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 11:46 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimjim View Post
We put Michelins all around and found the ride improved, though I never thought it was bad. We are the ones passing other class Cs and semi trucks passing doesn't push us around. We are adding the Bilsteins to the rear, as we don't like the sway from uneven surfaces when entering/leaving the roadway. Will update everyone once we get them installed. Ours has the Hellwig (came standard). We have not installed sumos or made any other modifications.
Just added the Bilsteins. Link below if you need a part # or inexpensive place to get them... Michelins are next on my list. Did you install the Agilis cross climate Michelins that others are using?

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...rt-211873.html
Old 07-30-2020, 12:06 PM   #86

Yes, the Agilis. We have them on front and back.

Already have the Bilsteins ordered. They were around $85 on Amazon.

Did the Bilsteins improve your ride or the sway?
Old 07-30-2020, 12:30 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimjim View Post
Yes, the Agilis. We have them on front and back.

Already have the Bilsteins ordered. They were around $85 on Amazon.

Did the Bilsteins improve your ride or the sway?

Thanks. As I recall when I looked on Amazon they were more. Did you get the 24-177702 part #?

Yes, I Definitely noticed an improvement in the handling and in the rocking side to side when entering/exiting a driveway after installing the Bilstein shocks. Curious to see how much they improve the handling in the wind, although ours was not bad at all prior to installing the Bilsteins. Think the Hellwig sway bar helps immensely on that front as well.

Was just talking to a tire dealer re the Agilis. Do you recall if they are 10 ply? Perhaps that is all they come in...
Old 07-30-2020, 01:05 PM   #88

The internal construction of the Agilis CrossClimate is focused on durability under load. A robust, two-ply polyester casing supports two heavy-duty steel belts (3 steel belts in 235/65R16C and 225/75R16C sizes). A polyamide reinforcement ply helps control the contact patch and further enhances durability.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:16 PM   #89

Our I-3FW came with Bilsteins and we added Sumos front and rear. It made an improvement all around but most noticeably with the rocking when exciting a gas station. For the reduced rocking alone the Sumos were worthwhile additions.

Dave
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 02:43 PM   #90

24-167161. Same shock for different model year. Mine is a 2017 Isata on a 2016 chassis.
Old 07-30-2020, 03:14 PM   #91

So which Sumo’s has everyone added? There are 500 and 1000lb springs. I find the ride pretty good on most decent highways but would be interested in tuning it in a bit. Have a 2020 unit now with the helwig and bilstiens
klcamaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 02:08 PM   #92

We do not have Sumo springs and just replaced the rear shocks with Bilsteins. Our 2017 RW did have the standard Helwig sway bar. OMG, what a difference just replacing the shocks made. I will NOT be adding the Sumos. The ride is excellent and the sway is minimal now. HUGE difference and improvement.
Old 08-06-2020, 11:43 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandRevenger View Post
When we picked up our Isata 3 to drive it home, the ride was very rough; shake,rattle and roll caused a real downer for this new owner. I later checked tire air pressure, and the tires were overinflated by almost ten pounds; the dealer admitted they should have checked them but they report that was how they came from the factory. I reduced pressure to amount listed on door jamb; 62 for all tires. We got a smoother ride. We still have bad handling when there are cross winds or tail winds in the 18 to 24 range. Other class C's pass me as I slow down in order to have better control. Dealer told me to take it to the Sprinter service center; they report that the Sprinter suspension was fine. Any suggestions on how to improve handling when there are what I consider moderate winds? As I stated, other motorhomes in same conditions operate better. I did contact a truck suspension shop; they thought I should see if Sprinter shop could suggest upgraded shocks. Hesitant to return since they saw no problem. Anyone make modifications that improved handling? Has Dynmax 'tweaked' the suspension in the past year? Thanks.
Check out Safe T Plus. I had it installed on my Dynamax with the Ford frame and it made a big difference. I’m not recommending it it’s just what I did and was very happy with the results.
John Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 12:01 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Russ View Post
Check out Safe T Plus. I had it installed on my Dynamax with the Ford frame and it made a big difference. I’m not recommending it it’s just what I did and was very happy with the results.

The post on this thread that you responded to was from over 3 years ago. Looks like they did several things to improve their ride already.