Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2017, 02:58 PM   #1

Isata 3 Manual Slide

Hi all,

I am always looking for ways to de-risk using the RV.

As the Isata 3 really needs the slide to work in the FW model (or no bed)

if it does not go in or out with the switch, is there a manual way to move it?

In the manuals there appears to be a few different models and it is hard to figure out which one is for the Isata 3.

Thanks!
Ldhansenjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:32 PM   #2
Commercial Member

It is the Power Gear Slim Rack. If there is power, but an error, you can force it into "emergency retraction". If there is no power, there is a way to remove the motor and crank it in. I try and avoid that.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:27 PM   #3

I have a 2017 Isata 3FW. After just a couple trips my rear motor failed in closed position. Service tech said it was extremely difficult to replace the motor. Apparently had to reach through the egress window to get to it. I was told if it failed in the extended position, the trim around the slide would have to be removed to access the motor. Remove the motor then manually push the slide in. Probably have to recruit some people and try to match the speed of the remaining motor. Then you have to figure a way to hold it closed if the motor is removed. Sounds almost impossible on the road.
V8vic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual, slide