Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2017, 07:57 PM   #21

Yup, everything looks just like your picture and yes, I am trying to winterize with RV antifreeze.

The black tank flush works correctly as does the city water connection: With 'Normal' selected I get city water when connected to an outside faucet. I get 'fresh tank' water from the pump when off a city water connection. Also, I can fill the fresh water tank by selecting 'tank' on the Anderson valve.

BUT, I just can't get the antifreeze to suck into the city water connection when 'Winterize' is selected on the Anderson valve. I left the pump on 4 minutes or so and there was no hint of any suction from the pump, I even switched the Anderson valve to different positions....nothing.

I've never used an Anderson valve before, but have winterized lots of RVs. It looks pretty straight forward.

Any other things I might check/do?
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:42 PM   #22
Commercial Member

"Normal" should be when operating the pump off of the fresh water tank.

"City" is with the pump OFF and pressure comes from the hose. I know that running the pump when on city selection causes issues...but I don't remember what. Just something my tech mentioned when people have issues with the Anderson valve.

If your fresh tank has water, then unhook the hose. Put the Anderson valve in "Normal" mode and open a faucet. If you get water then the pump is working properly.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 11:40 AM   #23

You could try contacting the manufacturer. I would be curious to see if they respond to a customer. I think this is the email address you need: ron@andersonbrass.com.

I came across this link; dated but it might be helpful. Anderson 200rv four way water input valve - Technical Tips and Tricks - Escapees Discussion Forum
On the negative side, seems this valve has a history of problems; on the positive side, Anderson reportedly is easy to work with and have replaced valves that are out of warranty.

Good luck. I use compressed air so I have no idea if our switch would allow antifreeze to be sucked out of a bucket.
RolandRevenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:24 PM   #24

I found the problem I was having. The Anderson valve was working correctly, but the pump had lost its prime. I had drained the fresh water tank before I started the winterization.

After reading the pump manual, I wondered if that might be the case, so I hooked up city water & added a few gallons. After running for several minutes, the pump circulated water throughout the MH just fine.

Then I hooked up the antifreeze jug & hose, selected 'winterize' on the Anderson valve and it pumped the fluid throughout the MH as it should.

I don't recall having one of these pumps ever lose its prime, but this one did. Bottom line, winterization complete.

Thanks to everyone for the pointers

Dave
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter