Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2016, 10:40 PM   #101

We just spent two days shopping the Sprinter chassis products in the Dallas area and I still believe the Isata 3 is the best bang for the buck. We looked at the Winnebago View, Thor Synergy, Jayco Melbourne and Forest River Sunseeker and Siesta.

The standard features are just superior to what we saw in the competition. Just waiting for the FWM model with the Trauma hot water heater to show up. All the ones we saw had the Attwood.

Only item that would be nice that is not already present is the steering wheel controls for the dash. I agree with changing out the shower door to the light weight option.

I could not find the CCC anywhere on the units, so if anyone can share what their CCC is for the FWM model, that would be great as I figure out our loading.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 10:52 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman55 View Post
We just spent two days shopping the Sprinter chassis products in the Dallas area and I still believe the Isata 3 is the best bang for the buck. We looked at the Winnebago View, Thor Synergy, Jayco Melbourne and Forest River Sunseeker and Siesta.

The standard features are just superior to what we saw in the competition. Just waiting for the FWM model with the Trauma hot water heater to show up. All the ones we saw had the Attwood.

Only item that would be nice that is not already present is the steering wheel controls for the dash. I agree with changing out the shower door to the light weight option.

I could not find the CCC anywhere on the units, so if anyone can share what their CCC is for the FWM model, that would be great as I figure out our loading.
We decided to order our rig because we only wanted the Truma Aqua Go...all new coaches off the production line now feature it plus the new shower door. We also wanted to increase our CCC even more by ordering Hi-Tec Aluminum Rims (153 lb savings). We were also told that the CCC on our new RW would be approximately 1,000 to 1,100 lbs., but it is all based on what options you get. We have the stabilizer jacks and solar panels, so may be even less. Not alot, coming from the 3,500 lbs of our prior Northwood Arctic Fox Trailer, but we will make it work.
blanics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:11 AM   #103
Commercial Member

I'm not sure where the 153 lbs savings came in. I don't think its that high. Although I don't think we factored in the weight of the wheel liners that are not necessary into our weight savings number.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:30 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I'm not sure where the 153 lbs savings came in. I don't think its that high. Although I don't think we factored in the weight of the wheel liners that are not necessary into our weight savings number.
Thank you BClemens. Oops...my typo error as we look back at the input provided us when researching aluminum wheels vs steel. We had our local dealer compare the weights of each using 16" rims. There was a 13.25 lbs. difference per rim...53 lbs. for set of 4, NOT 153. While comparing the Navion product with the Isata 3, the Winnebago rep had included the benefit of aluminum rims in their weight savings total...just assumed Dynamax did also.
blanics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 04:51 PM   #105

Weight Savings...

Saving 50 pounds here, 50 pounds there can really start to add up. Hoping to get to a configuration offering over 1000 pounds of OCCC. I've seen a couple examples of the 24FW with an OCCC at 870-880 with the heavy shower door, hellwig sway bar, and solar panels, and rear stabilizer. Without removing the sway bar, solar, and stabilizer, can we get above 1000 lbs OCCC? The show door is 50lbs... What's the full scoop on the aluminum rims (weight savings/price)?What else can be done to maximize the OCCC? How high can we go?

Thanks,
Greg
Prospective Buyer
gjfreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:03 AM   #106
Commercial Member

We're always looking at ways.

1. I would not get rid of the solid surface galley. However, we can do foam core counters everywhere else. The only issue is that it will have an edging, like HPL (not quite though, it would be a contrasting decorative edge). That is something we are toying with on the design side.

2. The early stabilizers were hydraulic, and we have switched to electric, which shaved 30-40 lbs.

3. The shower door cuts 50-60.

4. Aluminum rims, cut 6lbs per wheel (x4), but you also lose the wheel liners for a total savings of about 44lbs.

So, assuming 870 at its heaviest. Best case 60 (shower), 44 (wheels), 40 (stabilizers), that puts you at 1014.

If we do a stainless steel sink, we can save another 20lbs on the vessel.

Unfortunately we use a thicker gel coated Azdel than most (makes for a better looking, straighter wall), we use denser 2 lbs foam core, instead of 1.3 or 1.5. Again, better insulation and more rigid wall. Those are areas we won't cut, but weight more than others.

Old 08-30-2016, 05:51 PM   #107

Brain , please don't go to those cheap counter tops like u described. I built mobile homes in my younger days and was over cabinet n other departments. We called the edging TMold and it looks bad n tears up easily just my two cents . Was so glad when we stopped using it
Rangerdrvr59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 05:56 PM   #108
Commercial Member

I know what T molding is. It's not T mold.

Old 09-04-2016, 10:48 PM   #109

Over the past couple of weeks I have read this topic and I have to commend Brian for his commitment. We were at the GOSHEN Rally and got to see the Isata 3 for the first time in person. We went to see it every day while we were at the rally. We were very impressed with the build quality and the support we have had from Forest River in the past and so glad to see a floor plan that would allow us back into the MBS class with an awesome floor plan. We have owned (2) Pop-ups, a conversion van, (4) Motorhomes, (2) Travel Trailers and a Fifth Wheel. Knowing the support that Forest River and Dynamax provide, the earlier posts did not sway us away from the Isata 3. We ended up purchasing a 2017 with the full slide. We love it and thanks to Jared Graber from Forest River, we are the happy owners of a brand stinking new 2017 Isata 3 24FW!!

Thanks Jared. Thanks Brian.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:28 AM   #110
Commercial Member

Again, welcome to the family.

While we're not perfect...I think everyone that follows this forum knows that we're here, ready and willing to help.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:22 AM   #111

Do you think the end product for the cab over version will look similar to the Forester 2401W? How do you believe the cab over it will impact CCC?

Not a lot of info posted on actual CCC, but my working assumption is around 1,000 lbs if I go with the aluminum rims and assume the lightweight shower door which I understand will be standard by the time the cab over model comes out?
Old 09-06-2016, 09:39 AM   #112
Commercial Member

Yes, pretty similar in look.

The weight should be close to a wash. While there is more weight in the bunk, windows, etc. We save some weight in the fiberglass parts and front cabinetry. We'll continue to make small changes to reduce the overall weight any chance we get.

Old 09-06-2016, 12:38 PM   #113

I have a question about the atwood and the truma units.

I found an Isata 3 with the Dark interior my wife likes but it has the Atwood on demand water heater.... Just for discussion purposes.. If I decided to switch out the Atwood for a Truma units. What all. Besides paint. would I be looking at?

Is the outside hole the same size?
does it need braced inside any differently?
Are there and wiring differences for the controller?
About how much time can I expect it to take for a one time job?

Have a great paint shop here in town so that shouldn't be a problem if I can get paint codes from dynamax.

Again... I am just asking in a "Just in Case" situation. If the Atwood works fine I don't intend to change it. If it doesn't then I gotta put my big boy pants on and fix it myself as I know know there may or may not be a problem with the Atwood.

Also. Can the flow sensor be calibrated on the atwood to turn on at a lower flow rate? How hard is this to do?

Thanks in advance

Frank Tamez
Yakima WA
Frank tamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:05 PM   #114
Commercial Member

The Truma is designed to fit in that same hole. The door needs to be installed perfectly though or you will see a paint edge.

What might be a better option, is we can provide a black paint Truma door. Then, no need to take it to a paint shop...and it would match the black door trim, black windows. We have done that before.

The biggest issue is getting the flow right, which can be done. I do know others have adjust the flow sensor, but that would void the warranty I'm guessing.

Old 09-06-2016, 01:23 PM   #115

I understand about warranties.. I bought a 2014 Nissan GT-R 2 years ago. With 1800 miles on it I did a BUNCH of performance modifications that voided the warranty... Doing the same thing as we speak to a 2016 Corvette Z06 with 1100 miles on it. Like I said before. We need to take responsibility for our own actions and "Wear our big boy pants"

Thanks a bunch for your time. Its very much appreciated. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on this one

Frank
Frank tamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:32 PM   #116
Commercial Member

We'll help out in whatever way we can.

Old 10-06-2016, 12:40 PM   #117

One "large" TX dealer just started showing new Isata 3 units on order with Cabernet exterior and T4 In-Motion Satellite?

Can you tell us more about the satellite option and post a picture of the Cabernet exterior?

Still waiting for the cab over option to pull the trigger, but it just keeps getting better and better.
Old 10-06-2016, 01:18 PM   #118
Commercial Member

It's the Winegard Road Trip in-motion Satellite.

As for cabernet...we haven't painted a 3 Series in cabernet yet. The dealer liked the cabernet on the 5 series (shown) and asked for that color in the 3 series...so we obliged.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14409516_693919557439587_1536639247045963084_o.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	311.1 KB
ID:	122267  

Old 11-01-2016, 12:06 PM   #119

Isata 3 Recliners

Thought I would post a couple of pictures of our new 2017 Isata 3 recliners. We take delivery on Friday!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2438.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	124418   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2437.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	124419  
Jasonhardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 04:33 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonhardi View Post
Thought I would post a couple of pictures of our new 2017 Isata 3 recliners. We take delivery on Friday!
Do you happen to know the overall dimensions of the two recliners with the table in the middle?

We are going to replace the sofa in our Isata 5 with a pair of recliners and they look great.

If they would fit in my opening i'd look to buy those to replace my sofa.
Go Gators
Rrzasa is offline   Reply With Quote