Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2020, 08:19 PM   #1

Isata 3 running lights

I've had our I3 for 3 years and never looked closely at the roof. When I used a ladder today to just look (not quite ready to actually get on the roof), everything looked fine except for the running lights in the front.
As you can see in the picture, the lights have sort of popped out. I haven't had any leaks (that I know of) but would like to put them back. They don't seem to stay in if I press on them.
Anyone know how these lights are supposed to be attached?Click image for larger version

Name:	20200917_182526.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	239388
NearDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 04:33 AM   #2

I've experienced the same issue on a few of those, both up top and on the lower front facing corners by the cab doors. I thin bead of black Permatex caulk has worked for me. I've also used it on my rear fender skirts which have also started to separate from the body.
Riverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:17 PM   #3

Would you just put a bead around the orange plastic piece and press it back in?
NearDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:39 PM   #4

I placed a fine bead around the point of contact, enough so that it sealed and a wet finger or damp rag could clean up any excess and leave it looking neat. The Permatex works as an adhesive, as well. Really simple fix.
Riverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:17 PM   #5

The rubber grommets are supposed to seal and hold the lights in.

I had one on the front overhang on my I4 that was missing the rubber and looked like yours, and leaked into the front cap. Maybe a quart of water came out a little spot in a seam that I saw thru the windshield when I moved the coach after some hard rains. Maybe I would not have known if not moving the coach (changing level & sloshing inside), as the water was stored in the cap with no leaks inside the coach. Who knows how long it was leaking, I probably dislodged the light when washing w/ a pole brush, and suspect some water just evaporated inside there after some rains due to heat on the cap.

Push it back in and seal as others have mentioned

Tags
light