Old 09-22-2020, 10:55 PM   #1

Isata 3 slide lockout

Hi there,

A while back I read a message regarding the slide ignition lockout.
There seems to be a way to override this so I can run the engine instead of having to start the genset to move the slide.

Anyone has any info on this how it's done?

Thanks
Marinus

'17 Isata 3
Radar224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 07:39 PM   #2
Señor Miembro

I'm interested in this too. As well as I'd like to find the jack system lockout and disable it.

Ideally the lockouts would be connected to whether the parking brake is set. But I'll settle for just disabling them all just so I don't have to climb in and out of the cockpit to turn the ignition off and on for extending/retracting jacks and slides.
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:01 PM   #3
Motorized GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar224 View Post
Hi there,

A while back I read a message regarding the slide ignition lockout.
There seems to be a way to override this so I can run the engine instead of having to start the genset to move the slide.

Anyone has any info on this how it's done?

Thanks
Marinus

'17 Isata 3
I posted the instructions...I would do a search for Ignition under my name. I did a quick search for ignition lock out but did not see it. I can look again tomorrow.
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:16 PM   #4

7/11/18 post 23
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 10:28 PM   #5

I found the old posting. The one from Brian that included the pics.
Changed as per instructions and everything works as advertised.

Thanks everyone!

Marinus
Radar224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:27 AM   #6
Motorized GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar224 View Post
I found the old posting. The one from Brian that included the pics.
Changed as per instructions and everything works as advertised.

Thanks everyone!

Marinus
Hooray!!!! That was fast.
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
Old 09-28-2020, 02:18 PM   #7
Señor Miembro

Found it, thanks

Here is the link To BC’s old post for anyone that wants it.
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Hooray!!!! That was fast.

I wonder if the slide ignition lockout in some way protects my ‘19 RW from the ‘slide unexpectedly extends while driving’ recall on the slide controllers? My controllers have been fine and I’ve never had the recall service since my dealer is a 3+ hr drive one way. I’d like to allow the engine to provide battery boost while extending the slides but would hate to then find out I should have had the recall issue fixed first when a slide decides to extend at 65mph cruising down the interstate.
acoxFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 06:53 AM   #9
Motorized GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acoxFL View Post
I wonder if the slide ignition lockout in some way protects my ‘19 RW from the ‘slide unexpectedly extends while driving’ recall on the slide controllers? My controllers have been fine and I’ve never had the recall service since my dealer is a 3+ hr drive one way. I’d like to allow the engine to provide battery boost while extending the slides but would hate to then find out I should have had the recall issue fixed first when a slide decides to extend at 65mph cruising down the interstate.
If it were affected, it could still move in while parked, but yes, in theory it might keep it from going out in transit. In the years we have used that controller we have only seen a small handful of those controllers malfunction...but one is too many in our minds.

Tags
lock, slide