Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2020, 10:55 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Comox, Vancouver Island
Posts: 69
Isata 3 slide lockout

Hi there,

A while back I read a message regarding the slide ignition lockout.
There seems to be a way to override this so I can run the engine instead of having to start the genset to move the slide.

Anyone has any info on this how it's done?

Thanks
Marinus

'17 Isata 3
Radar224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 07:39 PM   #2
Señor Miembro
 
Rancher Rob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: SW Washington state
Posts: 331
I'm interested in this too. As well as I'd like to find the jack system lockout and disable it.

Ideally the lockouts would be connected to whether the parking brake is set. But I'll settle for just disabling them all just so I don't have to climb in and out of the cockpit to turn the ignition off and on for extending/retracting jacks and slides.
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:01 PM   #3
Motorized GM
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bristol, IN
Posts: 14,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar224 View Post
Hi there,

A while back I read a message regarding the slide ignition lockout.
There seems to be a way to override this so I can run the engine instead of having to start the genset to move the slide.

Anyone has any info on this how it's done?

Thanks
Marinus

'17 Isata 3
I posted the instructions...I would do a search for Ignition under my name. I did a quick search for ignition lock out but did not see it. I can look again tomorrow.
__________________
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:16 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Bill Davis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 1,013
7/11/18 post 23
__________________
2008 Dynaquest 340xl
Bill and Carol
Retired mechanic
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 10:28 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Comox, Vancouver Island
Posts: 69
I found the old posting. The one from Brian that included the pics.
Changed as per instructions and everything works as advertised.

Thanks everyone!

Marinus
Radar224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:27 AM   #6
Motorized GM
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bristol, IN
Posts: 14,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar224 View Post
I found the old posting. The one from Brian that included the pics.
Changed as per instructions and everything works as advertised.

Thanks everyone!

Marinus
Hooray!!!! That was fast.
__________________
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 02:18 PM   #7
Señor Miembro
 
Rancher Rob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: SW Washington state
Posts: 331
Found it, thanks

Here is the link To BC’s old post for anyone that wants it.
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:37 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Hooray!!!! That was fast.


I wonder if the slide ignition lockout in some way protects my ‘19 RW from the ‘slide unexpectedly extends while driving’ recall on the slide controllers? My controllers have been fine and I’ve never had the recall service since my dealer is a 3+ hr drive one way. I’d like to allow the engine to provide battery boost while extending the slides but would hate to then find out I should have had the recall issue fixed first when a slide decides to extend at 65mph cruising down the interstate.
acoxFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 06:53 AM   #9
Motorized GM
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bristol, IN
Posts: 14,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by acoxFL View Post
I wonder if the slide ignition lockout in some way protects my ‘19 RW from the ‘slide unexpectedly extends while driving’ recall on the slide controllers? My controllers have been fine and I’ve never had the recall service since my dealer is a 3+ hr drive one way. I’d like to allow the engine to provide battery boost while extending the slides but would hate to then find out I should have had the recall issue fixed first when a slide decides to extend at 65mph cruising down the interstate.
If it were affected, it could still move in while parked, but yes, in theory it might keep it from going out in transit. In the years we have used that controller we have only seen a small handful of those controllers malfunction...but one is too many in our minds.
__________________
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lock, slide

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 PM.