Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2020, 03:03 PM   #1

Lightbulb Isata 3 Suggestions for future Model Years

Did a search for this, but couldn't find anything on it, although there probably is somewhere...

After taking our coach out for the first time last week...finally, I thought of a few things that would improve upon the experience.

Brian,
Have you ever thought of adding the following to the Isata 3's: (These are things that actually came OEM on my 2000 Southwind that I miss on my '17 24FW). Thinking to the future when I may purchase a new Isata 3...

1) A spray hose in the bathroom connected to the toilet foot operated flush valve for ease of cleaning the toilet.

2) A foot operated flush valve in the toilet that when lifted up fills the toilet with water w/o opening the valve to flush.

3) A switch that keeps the entry step in, even when the door is open. Convenient when parked next to a curb and opening the door.

4) An electrical connection between the leveling jacks and either the gear shift or parking brake that if either are actuated, the jacks automatically retract. I could see that it might be easy to forget to retract the jacks since the controller is by the entrance to the coach and away from the driver's compartment. In the meantime, I leave a reminder on the steering wheel to raise the jacks before moving the coach.

I may think of more, but these are what come to mind. Maybe I am alone, but I would think others might find these useful and the added weight to the coach would be negligible, I would think.

Thanks...
Old 07-01-2020, 04:07 PM   #2
Commercial Member

1. yes, we do that now.
2. yes...that should actually do that already. If you push "really soft" it should fill without opening. If you open, then you have pushed too far or your lever is not operating properly.
3. I know there is a step to lock them out when they are out...I actually just avoid curbs, I'm not sure about the safety concerns if you lock the step in?? worth looking into.
4. if you try to turn the key on, they will auto retract...have you tested that? Once you take the E-brake off, they will auto retract of a buzzer will loudly sound...could be either or or both, not 100% sure.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 05:02 PM   #3

#3 could be an accident waiting to happen. I thought the steps retracted if the hit a curb.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 05:17 PM   #4

I'll Bite

I have an RB. The only model with no slides (exactly what I was looking for). You should bring it back. I've got a bigger 6" mattress you should upgrade the one in the new RB. The steps are too hard on the feet, pad them. Offer an option with dual recliners and lagun table in lieu of the dinette set (dinette seating table not so functional). You could also eliminate the optional table behind the drivers seat and have a lagun table attached to the wall behind the driver that could swivel to the same spot. Upgrade the Jensen radio (the sound system interior exterior is nice but the DVDs in put to the TV is going the way of the 8 track). Run an input to the matrix and have a separate clean coax with no splitters to hook up Dish Wally or Direct TV dish.
The RB is perfect for a couple with dog.
Here's one for all models. Exterior UV shades that retract above the windows back into the RV (think upside down fridge vent over the window with only one slot and longer). Designed for use when you park in the sun.
jentwistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 06:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
1. yes, we do that now.
2. yes...that should actually do that already. If you push "really soft" it should fill without opening. If you open, then you have pushed too far or your lever is not operating properly.
3. I know there is a step to lock them out when they are out...I actually just avoid curbs, I'm not sure about the safety concerns if you lock the step in?? worth looking into.
4. if you try to turn the key on, they will auto retract...have you tested that? Once you take the E-brake off, they will auto retract of a buzzer will loudly sound...could be either or or both, not 100% sure.
Thanks Brian. As always, I much appreciate the feedback...

Just went out and tested these things.

1) Great to know for future.

2) Had no idea I could push down softly w/o flushing to fill the bowl. Works great...

3) Definitely wish the steps could be made to stay in when the door is open. Can't always avoid parking next to the curbs and hate for the step to hit the curb side or worse yet get stuck on top of the curb and then not retract. Yes, that has already happened to me on my trip home from MO.

At 6' 5" I typically don't even use the retractable step to enter or exit the coach to keep my weight off it as it seems a little flimsy for me even though I am under the weight threshold.

4) When I turn the key on, I just heard a beeping (Assuming an alarm) coming from the jack control unit. Never heard that before with the A/C and radio on. I don't have an e-brake. Just the hand brake where the handle can be pushed down level after pulling the brake on.

Perhaps the alarm is all it came with in '17 and I don't have the auto retract feature when starting the engine or taking the brake off? Any other '17 owners out there that can weigh in?

Thanks again...
Old 07-02-2020, 02:52 PM   #6

Side Door Lock & Radio

I’d really like to have the side door lock and unlock with the chassis cab door remote key. And, I wish there was a good am/fm antenna on both the chassis and Jensen radios. Very poor reception on both.

Thanks
J.Hol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 03:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Hol View Post
I’d really like to have the side door lock and unlock with the chassis cab door remote key. And, I wish there was a good am/fm antenna on both the chassis and Jensen radios. Very poor reception on both.

Thanks

X2...
Old 07-02-2020, 03:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
#3 could be an accident waiting to happen. I thought the steps retracted if the hit a curb.
#3 Could very much be a safety concern. I have a small magnet I made that attaches with velcro over the sensor switch beside the door frame. Keeps steps closed with door open.
USN-RET/DOD-RET
mlmay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 03:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmay12 View Post
#3 Could very much be a safety concern. I have a small magnet I made that attaches with velcro over the sensor switch beside the door frame. Keeps steps closed with door open.

That's a Great idea!!! Will do the same. Thx

PS: Any feedback from older Isata 3 owners on #4, as to whether or not the jacks retract automatically when the vehicle is started or is it just the beeping alarm that sounds (like I have) to avoid driving off w/ jacks down?
Old 07-02-2020, 08:05 PM   #10

I just went out and tested mine. I put them down manually until they just touched. Because of the way it's parked in my shop (backed onto ramps over a pit) I can't put any down pressure on the rear jacks. It started without bringing the jacks up and I heard no alarms. I took the e-brake off and put it in drive, I could have driven off at that point. Again the jacks had little to no pressure on them so not sure if this is a conclusive test or not.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:33 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroniekon View Post
I just went out and tested mine. I put them down manually until they just touched. Because of the way it's parked in my shop (backed onto ramps over a pit) I can't put any down pressure on the rear jacks. It started without bringing the jacks up and I heard no alarms. I took the e-brake off and put it in drive, I could have driven off at that point. Again the jacks had little to no pressure on them so not sure if this is a conclusive test or not.
My 2016 has no alarms and do not automatically retract. I put a small placard on the speedometer whenever I use the jacks. I also put a "clear slide roof" one over the slide control to remind me to remove anything I have stored up there when traveling before I extend the slide and a "satellite Dish one" also on the speedometer. You know, getting older
USN-RET/DOD-RET
mlmay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:15 PM   #12

Mine do not retract automatically, and you can drive away with them down. I tested them very carefully!
wanderer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 01:01 AM   #13

As mentioned, mine at least beeps at me. Will make a placard to put on the steering wheel as well as a reminder to retract the jacks. Perhaps they added the auto retract feature when the ignition is turned on, on later models.
Old 07-03-2020, 12:08 PM   #14

Another idea for Isata 3 Modification

Here's another idea for a modification to the Isata 3 design (which is already pretty darn good): How about making the door to the wet bay hinged on the bottom edge to it can form a work shelf when open. All of my tools, electrical cords, surge protector, water hoses, etc. are stored in the wet bay and having a shelf here to sort through them would be very convenient.
The2002Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 01:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2002Wanderer View Post
Here's another idea for a modification to the Isata 3 design (which is already pretty darn good): How about making the door to the wet bay hinged on the bottom edge to it can form a work shelf when open. All of my tools, electrical cords, surge protector, water hoses, etc. are stored in the wet bay and having a shelf here to sort through them would be very convenient.
Now this is a great idea!!!
NearDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 01:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NearDenver View Post
Now this is a great idea!!!
The problem I see with that is having to reach over the shelf to work in the wet bay.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 10:23 PM   #17

Question, When you say Jack's do you mean leveling Jack's or rear stabilizers. Our 2016 Isata 3 24fw stabilizer Jack's if not fully raised we get a beeping sound. Also we added LEVELERS and they also beeb if not fully retracted. In addition a small red light comes on just to the lower left of the steering column
Tightlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 11:27 PM   #18

We have the optional leveling jacks. I don’t have the light on the dash, but as mentioned do have the beeping sound as a warning coming from the control unit just inside the coach door when the key is turned on.
jneum525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 06:28 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2002Wanderer View Post

That’s a great idea.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:37 AM   #20

I will add a few suggestions based on what we have added.

1. I just used a piece of ½” plywood with sticky floor tiles to cover the steps at the side door for when travelling. Safer for the dog who roams during the drive. He generally sleeps there as well if in place at night. Noticed on another post someone had used some iron frame and flooring. His looked much better.

2. I installed current rod behind cab over bunk and have curtain installed, this helps and is used to add privacy if parked/camping, helps with cooling/heating house when camping as well.

3. Suggestion to add USB and/or 120VAC outlets to slide on the front(drivers side) if sets installed.

We have really enjoyed our rig over the last year and have made mods based on observations from this site and our needs. Look forward to seeing what others suggest