Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2019, 02:15 PM   #1
Skh

Isata 3 water leak

I picked up an i3 in Elkhart a few weeks ago now. At the time I noticed a drip right over the face of the inverter. Pump was also kicking on momentarily so I was looking for the problem. The next morning I had it back to the shop which did the PDI. I showed them this and s couple of other things. Well, I got it home in the heated shop and still a drip there and also down the lines where the low valves are from above the valves. Nothing wet inside that can be accessed. The dynamax service center here is not real convenient for me plus it's January in MN. I just thought I'd put it out there if anyone had an idea where it's at? I've laid underneath and am afraid it will be hard to get to.
Skh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:21 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skh View Post
I picked up an i3 in Elkhart a few weeks ago now. At the time I noticed a drip right over the face of the inverter. Pump was also kicking on momentarily so I was looking for the problem. The next morning I had it back to the shop which did the PDI. I showed them this and s couple of other things. Well, I got it home in the heated shop and still a drip there and also down the lines where the low valves are from above the valves. Nothing wet inside that can be accessed. The dynamax service center here is not real convenient for me plus it's January in MN. I just thought I'd put it out there if anyone had an idea where it's at? I've laid underneath and am afraid it will be hard to get to.
You don’t say what floor plan you have. On mine the kitchen sink and the Truma are in that area. I would look there inside the cabinets.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:32 PM   #3
Skh

It's the full wall slide floorplan. I did look all thru the truma and everywhere inside, and took off access panel to pump. There is no water inside. I suppose it's one of many fittings and as we know a drip one place likes to travel.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:48 PM   #4

Is there an outside shower in that area? A lot of people have had loose fittings there
Old 01-06-2019, 07:15 PM   #5

Maybe you've already done this, but you can remove the drawer under the cooktop to get a better look at the plumbing behind the truma.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:25 PM   #6
Skh

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
Is there an outside shower in that area? A lot of people have had loose fittings there
The outside shower is on the other side near the Anderson valve. I stuck my finger in the blank hole and felt around the back of the Anderson valve. It is dry. I am going to put another valve on the base of the outside shower hose though..I can imagine those shower handles jiggling open!
Old 01-06-2019, 08:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroniekon View Post
Maybe you've already done this, but you can remove the drawer under the cooktop to get a better look at the plumbing behind the truma.
Try this ^^^^

Lots of connections behind the kitchen drawer in between the Truma and the kitchen drawer. This is where the bypass valves are located.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:37 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Drawer under the stove can get you a good look...there is also a false floor on the kitchen base. There are likely some T's under there for the risers.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:06 PM   #9
Skh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Drawer under the stove can get you a good look...there is also a false floor on the kitchen base. There are likely some T's under there for the risers.
Didn't notice a false floor, that sounds like a possibility I will look into tomorrow! Thanks

Tags
leak, water, water leak