Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2017, 08:03 AM   #1

Isata 3 weight sticker? – Help

Looked at an Isata 3 24FWM yesterday and I’m confused by the weight sticker. The Dry weight = 4522 KG.
Subtracting that from the GVWR of 5003 KG (11030 LBS) leaves 481 KG. Subtracting a full water tank of 132 KG leaves 349 KG for CCC, yet the sticker says 229 KG as you can see below.

Shouldn’t the CCC read 349 KG?

I guess another way to ask the question, is this 4522 KG dry weight specific to this VIN number? What is the relationship between "dry weight" and UVW? Does dry weight = UVW?

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Isata 3 FWM WT Sticker.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	144467  
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:52 AM   #2

I think one difference is 26 gal of diesel that has been deducted arriving at the CCC. That's about 90 kg.

My 3FW has a CCC of 296 kg on the sticker, but I have the LP genset and do not have 4pt levelers.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:22 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman55 View Post
I think one difference is 26 gal of diesel that has been deducted arriving at the CCC. That's about 90 kg.
Thanks milkman, I'm also wondering if anything was left out. According to the Dynamax brochure the UVW includes gas, PL & other fluids. They also say that the UVW is "typical." Does that mean that the unloaded vehicle weight published is not specific to a particular vehicle? Also, what is the definition of "Dry weight?"

Old 07-12-2017, 10:00 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Every brochure has this data. (even though it is tiny print)

GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) - is the maximum permissible weight of the unit when fully loaded. It includes all weights, inclusive of all fluids, occupants, cargo, optional equipment and accessories. For safety and product performance do NOT exceed the GVWR.
GCWR (Gross Combined Weight Rating) - Is the maximum permissible loaded weight of your motor home and any towed trailer or towed vehicle. Actual GCWR of this vehicle may be limited by the sum of the GVWR and the installed hitch receiver maximum capacity rating; see hitch rating label for detail.
GAWR (Gross Axle Weight Rating) - is the maximum permissible weight, including cargo, fluids, optional equipment and accessories that can be safely supported by each axle.
UVW (Unloaded Vehicle Weight)* - is the typical weight of the unit as manufactured at the factory. It includes all weight at the unit’s axle(s), including full fuel, all fluids and LP Gas. The UVW does not include cargo, fresh potable water, additional optional equipment or dealer installed accessories.
CCC (Cargo Carrying Capacity)** - is the amount of weight available for fresh potable water, cargo, passengers, additional optional equipment and accessories. CCC is equal to GVWR minus UVW. Available
CCC should accommodate fresh potable water (8.3 lbs. per gallon). Before filling the fresh water tank, empty the black and gray tanks to provide for more cargo capacity.

*Estimated Average based on standard build optional equipment.
**Estimated average based on standard build optional equipment.

Each Forest River RV is weighed at the manufacturing facility prior to shipping. A label identifying the unloaded vehicle weight of the actual unit and the cargo carrying capacity is applied to every Forest River RV prior to leaving our facilities.
The load capacity of your unit is designated by weight, not by volume, so you cannot necessarily use all available space when loading your unit.
Actual towing capacity is dependent upon your particular loading and towing circumstances, which includes the GVWR, GAWR and GCWR as well as adequate trailer brakes. Please refer to the Operator’s Manual of your vehicle for further towing information.

The one addendum I will suggest to corporate on this is "including full fuel, all fluids" It should say "Chassis fluids"...it does explain a sentence later "The UVW does not include cargo, fresh potable water, additional optional equipment or dealer installed accessories." But when people read "fluids" they get confused.

UVW is typical when/if listed in the brochure. The sticker however as explained in the same area "Each Forest River RV is weighed at the manufacturing facility prior to shipping. A label identifying the unloaded vehicle weight of the actual unit and the cargo carrying capacity is applied to every Forest River RV prior to leaving our facilities." is accurate.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:49 AM   #5

Thanks for the info, I read most of that in the brochure. But I still don't see any definition of the term "Dry weight" that's on the sticker. I can see what UVW is and what CCC is, but not "Dry weight." Does that include a full tank of gas as does the UVW?

If the term UVW was used on the sticker I would have no questions as that is clearly defined.

Again, Does dry weight = UVW?

Sorry, I don't mean to be a pain, but as a RV consumer, I really need to know just what the weight is going to be before I order one.

Thanks,

Dave
Old 07-12-2017, 10:53 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Dry weight is the Canadian term for UVW. In the auto world that is curb weight.

The canadian sticker added some goofy requirements by them. Are you in Canada? I thought we were running two stickers. A Canadian version and a US version...that one uses the term UVW.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:54 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Or better yet, tell me where you need to be and I'll tell you what you need to do to get there.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:00 PM   #8

Thanks Brian, here's what we want:
Isata 3 24FW with,
-Full body paint
-Aluminum wheels
-Tri-fold sofa with pedestal table IPO dinette
-Cocktail table between cab seats
-cab seat booster cushions
-Winegard in-motion T4 Satellite Directv
- Mobileye
-1000 LBS CCC

I'm thinking you could give Job a lesson in patience.....

Thanks.

Dave
Old 07-13-2017, 01:30 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Well, here's is what I have so far.
We have one this week that just got weighed, but with 4 point levelers. Calculating 2 point instead of 4 point I get 855 lbs of CCC. FW's have crossed the scales with the 2 point anywhere from 850-931 lbs of CCC.

One identical to your specs crossed around the first of the year and it came back at 903 lbs. So to get an extra 100lbs you could/should do a few things.
1. Ditch the countertop extension. With the bracket and the plywood backer for that...its probably 25-30 lbs right there.
2. Travel without the spare? Pretty common tire size and you wouldn't change that tire yourself.
3. To be continued.

Old 07-13-2017, 02:44 PM   #10

The aluminum wheel option only includes the 4 wheels that show. Is it possible to have the inner duals aluminum as well to save some weight?
chroniekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 02:53 PM   #11
Commercial Member

There is no inner for the set we run...and less savings than you would think. I like the look better, but the weight savings was only about 6 lbs per wheel. (plus you save the weight of the wheel liners) so you net 44 lbs for the aluminum wheels. 12 lbs if you did an aluminum inner.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:50 PM   #12

I believe the meme goes:

3. ????
4. Profit
Old 07-14-2017, 06:32 AM   #13

"1. Ditch the countertop extension. With the bracket and the plywood backer for that...its probably 25-30 lbs right there."

The tiny galley work area size is the brides only complaint .

If I removed the galley extension , I would become the cook!

30 lbs is far easier to remove elsewhere , although a titanium replacement might work out.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:17 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
FW's have crossed the scales with the 2 point [hydraulic stabilizers] anywhere from 850-931 lbs of CCC.
Boy, that's getting real close. Without the 2 point stabilizers, how close are we to 1,000?

There is reason for the obsession with this 1,000 LBS CCC. We would like to have weight available for levelers. That would leave 850-900 LBS available for DW, grand kid, dog, chow, stuff & a little water to flush when traveling.

Brian, you probably remember that I talked with Allan Brink of Bullseye Technology regarding an aluminum leveler system. That is expected to weigh about 100 LBS. Even if that doesn't go into production, we will likely put on their electric levelers that currently weigh 142 LBS.

Thanks,

Dave
Old 07-14-2017, 09:47 AM   #15

Talking Light weight Leveler System

I just got off the phone with Allan Brink at Bullseye Technology & he said that they are likely to have a 4 point electric aluminum system on the market fairly soon, maybe this fall. A 100 LBS leveler system is really good news for Sprinter costumers

Dave
Old 07-14-2017, 04:14 PM   #16
Commercial Member

The 2 point system is 70lbs currently and could be deleted, if you plan on a Bullseye later.

Old 07-14-2017, 05:46 PM   #17

Caswelld, maybe open a new thread just on the benefits and availability of the Bullseye 4pt levelers.

I didn't get the 4 pt levelers specifically because of the weight. Assume the stabilizers could be removed to add the aluminum set when available.

Fine tuning the leveling is really a pain. Do they anticipate the Bullseye system will auto level or manual?
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:05 PM   #18

CCC discrepancy within vehicle sticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by caswelld View Post
Looked at an Isata 3 24FWM yesterday and I’m confused by the weight sticker. The Dry weight = 4522 KG.
Subtracting that from the GVWR of 5003 KG (11030 LBS) leaves 481 KG. Subtracting a full water tank of 132 KG leaves 349 KG for CCC, yet the sticker says 229 KG as you can see below.

Shouldn’t the CCC read 349 KG?

I guess another way to ask the question, is this 4522 KG dry weight specific to this VIN number? What is the relationship between "dry weight" and UVW? Does dry weight = UVW?

Dave
Brian,

Can you answer the reason for the discrepancy mentioned above. We are looking at an Isata 3 at Barrington Motors near Chicago with similar sticker and discrepancy. If Dry Weight = UVW seems the CCC should read 349.
Nknussman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:05 PM   #19
Commercial Member

Dry weight is not UVW. Dry weight has no fuel or propane.

Old 07-24-2017, 06:53 PM   #20
Always Learning

Do you have a shower with glass doors? Switching to a curtain would yield a weight savings - if it works for the space, of course.

Tags
weight