Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2021, 03:37 PM   #1

Isata 35DB Steps not working, door lock dead

So I went out to show a friend around the coach today. One of the things we did was run the leveling jacks so he could see how it worked. I retracted, and then went to close the door on the coach. Steps did not go back in, so they are stuck in the out position. I then noticed the electric door lock isn't working.

I checked the fuse on the plex panel in back. It's good to go. Replaced it anyway, still not the issue. I double checked to make sure the panel had the steps turned off, meaning they are supposed to stow when the door shuts. That was set correctly.

I checked the 15 amp fuse under the steps that's in line. It's good, but I see no voltage on that line. I see no voltage on the door. I have no voltage anywhere I can find under the steps. ALL OTHER 12 volt items work. When I went to start the coach, I watched the switch panel and sure enough, the door entry button went from blue to white like it's supposed to. With the coach started, steps still did not go up and door lock is dead.

Im not sure what the heck happened but the only thing I did today was level the coach then retract them back to normal like you would do any other day.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
jthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 04:44 PM   #2

Look for a 20 amp fuse on the truck side of the BIM, in a stand alone fuse holder (full size blade fuse - on my 28ss it is yellow, but might be red).
Desert Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 04:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Boat View Post
Look for a 20 amp fuse on the truck side of the BIM, in a stand alone fuse holder (full size blade fuse - on my 28ss it is yellow, but might be red).
BOOM FIXED. THANK YOU! I replaced the 20 amp and all is good in the world again. Your help is VERY much appreciated!!!

Im curious why it blew though.
jthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 04:54 PM   #4

You never know on a one-off random fuse blow. If it blows a second time, near in time to the first, then you need to troubleshoot before replacing.
Desert Boat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, lock, steps