Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2016, 01:34 PM   #41

Oh, a few more questions, you said the overhead cab entertainment center is coming instead of the bunk, when is that, what size tv and will there be storage on either side of the tv? Will it be available in the larger series 4?

Next thing is the solar upgrade. Where will the inverter and controler be located in an heated compartment?

Thanks again
rvlegaleagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 01:55 PM   #42

Dual pane windows in a RV are as far as I know not like what is available in a dirt house.

RV Dual Pane is usually two hunks of glass which does a great job of blocking noise but basically offer no insulation.

IF the window panes are sealed and have efficient (frequently argon gas ) insulation sealed between the panes , they might be worth the expense.

Otherwise look up "warm shades" which can offer an inch of insulation on windows.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 03:04 PM   #43
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlegaleagles View Post
First of all WOW...the one youtube video of the Isata 4 is now GONE?

I was told the temp sensor is NOT part of the Maxx fans in the rig?

Dual pane windows (there are I think 13 windows in the larger 4") are a MUST have and it is still hard for me to figure out if the fresh water tank is in a heated compartment because why heat the tanks if the water supply can get frozen? And what if you want to add 6v batteries for a solar system, the two std 12v batteries are inside the step? Maybe I am just missing something here and any clarification would be appreciated, including, and limiting it to the larger series 4, what is the caring cargo capacity? Thanks for your anticipated input
That Youtube video was not ours...so not sure what to say there.

Who told you the temp sensor was NOT part of the Maxx fans? I'm the GM and I only spec one version. It has a remote and temp sensor.

Dual pane windows are unfortunately not available.

Fresh water tank is in the bed base (conditioned space) so no reason to heat it separately. The black and gray are heated via a furnace duct as well..so furnace needs to be running to heat those spaces, just like a Class A would.

No option for 6V. I explain in another thread...people use 6V because they do work better than MOST mfg installed batteries that are not true deep cycle. We use true deep cycle 12V AGMM's (not cheap)...so a 6 volt upgrade would not really gain you anything. Other than if one cell goes bad, your battery does not work. Whereas with a 12V system you can have a battery go down and still have 12V power. Also 12V replacements are easier to get in a pinch.

CCC is about 1400lbs, but ill get reduced with options (levelers, solar)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 03:06 PM   #44
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlegaleagles View Post
Oh, a few more questions, you said the overhead cab entertainment center is coming instead of the bunk, when is that, what size tv and will there be storage on either side of the tv? Will it be available in the larger series 4?

Next thing is the solar upgrade. Where will the inverter and controler be located in an heated compartment?

Thanks again
Cab over TV, should be available to order now. TV is 50" (possibly 55" if it fits, but 50 for sure).

There will be storage on either side and behind the TV.

The inverter is not in a heated compartment, shouldn't affect anything. The controller is in the kitchen base cabinet as you come in.

Old 12-18-2016, 04:22 PM   #45

Well thanks for that information and it explains why there is not a fresh water gravity fill. I presume the coach temp keeps the fresh water from freezing?

I will not reveal "who" actually told me about the temp sensor not being included in the Std fans but suffice to say it was Dynamax.

OK, well what is the weight of the level system, is it really an "option" in 2017, seems like its been a necessity for years now, no? And what about the weight of the solar option (2 panels) and equipment what is that additional weight? Does the caring cargo weight change any if you get the small RV ref? is the cargo capacity weight figured after all the tanks are filled or just some of them and which ones?

Can you put 235 tires on the rig instead of keeping the STD 225 tires without any issues after you purchase?

Just trying to learn and balance all the trade offs BEFORE I purchase.

Thanks for your assistance and information so far
Old 12-18-2016, 04:26 PM   #46

Oh and "FF", you are right about the r-factor and that the dual pane windows are different than what you get in a house. We agree on the noise reduction but the real key issue is the inside condensation
Old 12-18-2016, 04:31 PM   #47

I don't like that when you respond to a post you can't see the posts your responding to unless you go back and write another post

The battery issue is simple. With 2 six volt batteries you get more amp hours than with even a 12v AMG battery. I am looking to put in 4 six volt AGM batteries which is why I asked if there was another heated compartment besides the black and grey tanks.
Old 12-18-2016, 04:59 PM   #48
Commercial Member

Jacks weigh a little over 200lbs. We only use the Maxxair 7500. Solar probably adds another 30-40lbs.

Fed law changed he way CCC is quoted since everyone was doing it differently. Now it is simply GVWR-UVW=CCC. UVW is the weight of the vehicle full of fuels (gas, LP).

Don't know anything about the tires. Most people are perfectly fine with the stock tires from Ford.

With 2 6V batteries you actually don't get more AH's than a 12V AGM. Unless there is some really high rated 6V battery. Our Group 31 AGM's are rated at 105AH ea. The 6V deep cycle AGM we looked at is rated at 198AH. That is at 6V. Two of them, gets you 198AH at 12V. Whereas (2) Group 31 12V batteries get you 210AH (rated of course).

I think I would go solar before I went 2 more batteries due to weight/power ratio.

We were at an inside show for 3 days and we had all LED lights and TV playing all day and we were not plugged in. The coach was able to maintain 12.6-12.8 volts just off of the ceiling lights powering the solar.

Old 12-19-2016, 06:08 AM   #49

Remember when comparing batts , only the "20 hour rate" is usefull for deep cycle comparisons.

Some clowns will quote a "100 hour" rate which is meaningless.

Same with"CCA" for start batts , clowns will quote "MCA" which is a Marine rating done at a higher temperature.

The biggest clown act (IMO) is the propane folks that tell you a BTU rating that is simply how much fuel gets burned , not the actual BTU output of their device.

Caviat Emptor,
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 04:48 PM   #50

Isata 4 floorplan

Hi bclemens,

What kind of dinette options will be available in the new Isata 4 27 foot floorplan?

Thanks so much!
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:27 PM   #51
Commercial Member

Should be similar options as the 24FW Isata 3. Booth dinette, sofa or recliners.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:40 AM   #52

Thank you. We are excited to see the 27 foot floorplan. Do you know how many seatbelts it will have?
Old 01-09-2017, 09:38 AM   #53
Commercial Member

Should be a minimum of 4...maybe 5 if we fit a U-shape dinette.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:51 AM   #54

Great - thanks - 4 sounds good. We really like the Forest River 2401R floorplan but want the Ford E450 chassis. We're hoping that the new 27 foot Isata 4 will be similar to the 2401R with a separate bedroom. Also, we would like an over the cab bed but want a smaller overhang like the Isata 4 seems to have.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:00 PM   #55

When do expect the Isata 4 to have production running full steam and units at dealers to view?
Granite17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 01:29 PM   #56
Commercial Member

They are starting to ship now...but we're only running 2-3 per week until the production guys get acclimated to that build. Slow and steady.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:33 AM   #57

youtube video... this RV has some nice assets!
Old 01-24-2017, 08:01 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by enyoc View Post
youtube video... this RV has some nice assets!
X2 to the 100 power, very nice and I like the windows on both sides.

Thanks for posting my fellow Pennsylvanian.

Any dimensions on this yet?

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:18 PM   #59

Does look nice!
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 06:59 PM   #60

Wish they made outside kitchen
retired on a mountain is offline   Reply With Quote