Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2021, 10:59 AM   #1

ISATA 5 28SS Hitch Height

Just wondering what the center of hitch height is on a 2021 ISATA 5 28SS, just setting up our Jeep so that when our new rig is delivered we can hitch up and go. Our rig is sitting at Dynamax waiting for a slide topper.
I want to put a small lift on the Jeep and don't want the height difference to be out of spec where I have to buy a offset hitch receiver. Plus part of the justification for a lift would be to not have to buy the hitch, right now when testing the tow equipment with my 3500 I need a 3 inch drop to bring the tow bar in spec.
Mike946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 06:10 PM   #2

I'd really like to know too!

Best guess for middle of receiver is between 21.5 and 22" off the deck. That was based on a picture from somebody's I5-30FW. I'm new to the forum, we'll see if I've successfully attached that picture?
You are well ahead of me. I've have a 28SS-X on order and a JLUR already designated for Toad duty. At this point, the Rock Hard 4x4 front bumper appears to be closest to a match that is within the 3" margin of keeping a Blue Ox Tow bar horizontal.
Cheers,
SParkie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ReceiverHitch_Isata5-30FW.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	252589  
SParkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 03:38 PM   #3

Thanks for the response. Currently have a blue ox tow bracket installed on our Jeep and it is 16" from the center to the ground. We picked up a 2.5" lift so hopefully it is a bit higher when installed. Might have to get 35's then we should be good.
We have the metal factory bumper and I like it so that is why we went with the blue ox instead of replacing the bumper.
We ordered our rig Sept 16th last year, so looking forward to hopefully receiving it soon.
Mike946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 12:34 AM   #4

Mike,
That sounds reasonable. You are at least four months ahead of me (early Feb. 2021 order).
All the best,
Steve
SParkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch