Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2020, 09:01 AM   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by msusslin View Post
The backup camera I would like to find is one which comes on only when shifting into reverse and uses the build in dash screen, same as on all Jeep Ram trucks.

I like the factory installed 4 way cameras with the always in screen. However the rear camera is good to make sure the tow car is still there but for parking it does not provide the best angle and viewpoint.
Check out what's available form ROSTRA. They have some stuff for trucks that no longer have a tailgate.

Keep Your Camera System When Removing Your Tailgate

That might help with being able tpo add one that interfaces with the factory head unit.
Phreak480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 09:49 AM   #262
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehillguy View Post
Are you saying current models will have hinged doors on the BR closet? Thanks
Yes, still with mirrors.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 11:06 AM   #263

Any pictures or drawings of the new doors? I was set to make some but ....
Thanks
Thehillguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 04:44 PM   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailWayz View Post
Chrome zip ties.
So...it looks like you have to get the dual tires mounted such that the valves are opposite each other??? Is that due to the length of the airline hanging out and about??
toshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 08:21 PM   #265

Correct 180º apart.

2020 Isata 5 30FW 4x4
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
TrailWayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 08:24 PM   #266

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailWayz View Post
Correct 180º apart.
I will have the dealer do that.
I assume once that's done that it's relatively easy to hook up the crossfire hoses yourself?
toshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 05:14 AM   #267

I found it to be a relatively simple installation following what @sseaner did here:

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ew-154246.html

2020 Isata 5 30FW 4x4
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
TrailWayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 05:45 PM   #268

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstclyz View Post
A few other problems being worked on since the RV was just purchased:

1. My furnace was intermittently not igniting just a few days after I picked it up. Local dealer told me 3 months to get it in the shop so luckily I found Elite RV Service who immediately replaced the Sail switch. So far so good...

2. Ram start/stop button isn't registering my key fobs. I have to push the start button with the key fob several times to get it to start and turn on the ignition. Changed the batteries in the key fob with no luck so I think the receiver in the dash might need to be replaced.

3. Emergency brake light stays on after disengaging the E brake. I have to drive a bit and work the E brake (at a stop) a few times until the light goes out. Could be a sensor or something else. Brake fluid is topped off and I don't believe the brakes are actually on when driving hence a sensor issues..
Question 2 - I don't have a ram. Search year model and remote reprogramming. Not right.

3. SERIOUS problem. Sounds like the auto adjusters aren't working. Try adjusting the brakes. You might want to pull apart and grease the adjustment screws. You should tighten them until the drum just starts to drag or you hear the shoe dragging a small bit on the drum.
dedobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 09:14 PM   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedobias View Post
Question 2 - I don't have a ram. Search year model and remote reprogramming. Not right.

3. SERIOUS problem. Sounds like the auto adjusters aren't working. Try adjusting the brakes. You might want to pull apart and grease the adjustment screws. You should tighten them until the drum just starts to drag or you hear the shoe dragging a small bit on the drum.

#2 the ram has the keyfob sensor on the back wall of the cab. I believe it is behind the driver seat as a result of the hole being cut in the back wall of the cab.
Phreak480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 10:37 PM   #270

Key fob receiver is definitely behind the drivers seat. I keep my key in my right pocket and never have an issue. I have heard of some who put the key fob in the cup holder or other places that have had issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	332CBA70-39FA-4FA0-A20E-A39F789E74E3.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	426.8 KB
ID:	244459  
Old 12-11-2020, 10:51 PM   #271

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedobias View Post
I don’t believe this is a “SERIOUS” problem. I have had this issue intermittently and at first I used a rubber band to apply upward pressure to the emergency brake pedal to cause the brake light to go out.

I had my Isata 5 recently at the RAM dealer and this was on the list to look at. Not sure if I buy what he told me, but he said the emergency brake cable had been modified by the RV manufacturer when the chassis was extended. He said they was too much play in the cable and all the adjustment had been taken out of the cable, so it could not be tightened. He made a video of all of this which I posted in another thread. He said because there is not tension on the cable, it’s not pulling back when released and returning the pedal to the “off” position. I plan to look at it and see how to tighten the cable. You can see from the pictures I captured from the video that the adjustment is turned all the way in. Pretty sure Morryde does these modification for Dynamax when they extend the chassis.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	326AD2BC-5524-4643-95C9-79CBF08F0197.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	355.3 KB
ID:	244460   Click image for larger version

Name:	3444EBD2-6B3D-4674-AD9B-C5DAD63AA73C.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	244461  
Old 12-31-2020, 04:16 PM   #272

AGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Ah good. I missed that.

I do have my guys researching with Magnum about the AGS and lithium. Online, I read that 11.5 to 11.8 is the trigger. I feel like that is too low, but I guess we'll test that out.
Was there a conclusion on what the body should be set at? Thanks!
Coda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 06:27 PM   #273
Dynamax Isata 5 FW

Isata 5 30FW mods

Milkman:

You could drill out or make a barrel nut. It just might add enough to take up the slack.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:56 PM   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshu View Post
Can you share what you bought?
How you installed it?
How well does it work?
Update: bought a different mirror mount than the plastic ram mount. The ram mount had the camera display bouncing too much. This one is much better!
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...RVS-619UM.html
No longer mine: 2006 Rockwood Roo 23SS
All pop-up and tent camping before...
mjbenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 10:32 AM   #275
Norwood Auto Italia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalenss View Post
When setting the air pressure on the front air bags check that the bag height is the same side to side. This will correct any lean the coach has. On mine oneside was 93 and the other 107 psi due to a slight lean. Ideal bag height is 7.5 to 8.5 inches. Mine are about 8 inches with shock set at 3.

Happy modding.
How does one check/change the air pressures for the Kelderman front set up. Nothing in the manual.
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 03:43 PM   #276

If you have the system installed at the factory there is no need to check pressure. Bag height (pressure) is set by the manual levelers. They will let air out or in to keep bag at set height.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamgat View Post
How does one check/change the air pressures for the Kelderman front set up. Nothing in the manual.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:29 AM   #277

Guys,
Do you have the OEM Magnum inverter controller settings? I think I have the ME-RC50. I installed Lith battes but switching back to my OEM agm batteries. Much appreciated !
fstclyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 11:30 AM   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamgat View Post
I don't have the auto setup so do mine manually. I have to check them before every trip because do they leak a little, or atleast mine do. Great setup though ! Really smooths out the road.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:32 AM   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman55 View Post
I don’t believe this is a “SERIOUS” problem. I have had this issue intermittently and at first I used a rubber band to apply upward pressure to the emergency brake pedal to cause the brake light to go out.

I had my Isata 5 recently at the RAM dealer and this was on the list to look at. Not sure if I buy what he told me, but he said the emergency brake cable had been modified by the RV manufacturer when the chassis was extended. He said they was too much play in the cable and all the adjustment had been taken out of the cable, so it could not be tightened. He made a video of all of this which I posted in another thread. He said because there is not tension on the cable, it’s not pulling back when released and returning the pedal to the “off” position. I plan to look at it and see how to tighten the cable. You can see from the pictures I captured from the video that the adjustment is turned all the way in. Pretty sure Morryde does these modification for Dynamax when they extend the chassis.
I had a similar issue when I bought mine new and the dodge dealer just adjusted the brakes. Never happened again.
Old 03-19-2021, 12:59 PM   #280

Guys with Lithium coach batteries. Does your AGS function work when the lith battery voltage gets too low?

Mine doesn't and know others didn't a year or more ago and I'm hoping someone found a fit to this. I believe Brian Clemens comfirmed this also, that the oem system would not engage the generator when the batts got too low. I have my rv at a good shop who is trying track this down and make it work.

Thats the only negative about switching to Lith's on this setup. Your batts can get too low and shut the electrical system down. I've posted about this before. I know there's a fix, it's just how is it going to cost.....