Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2018, 05:05 PM   #1

Isata 5 30fw Questions

In the process of downsizing our MH from a 40' pusher to a super C and we have zeroed in on the Isata 5 30fw 4x4 as a potential replacement. I have spent a lot of time lurking this forum doing some research and have been really impressed with the dialog between members and dynamax, its encouraging to see since I know no MH is problem free.

In looking around at 30fw units available around the Pacific Northwest, they seem to be few and far between. There are a couple 2018 and a couple 2019 units we have found, but both are a considerable drive away. Before we take the time to see either, can anyone give me insight as to what, if any, changes were made to the 2019 units as compared to the 2018?

Also, we plan on using the 30 fw to visit ski resorts and snowmobile sno-parks during the winter. If any members have experience with driving and using the Isata during the winter months, I would be curious to hear about it.

Thanks!
MBerrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:18 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBerrey View Post
In the process of downsizing our MH from a 40' pusher to a super C and we have zeroed in on the Isata 5 30fw 4x4 as a potential replacement. I have spent a lot of time lurking this forum doing some research and have been really impressed with the dialog between members and dynamax, its encouraging to see since I know no MH is problem free.

In looking around at 30fw units available around the Pacific Northwest, they seem to be few and far between. There are a couple 2018 and a couple 2019 units we have found, but both are a considerable drive away. Before we take the time to see either, can anyone give me insight as to what, if any, changes were made to the 2019 units as compared to the 2018?

Also, we plan on using the 30 fw to visit ski resorts and snowmobile sno-parks during the winter. If any members have experience with driving and using the Isata during the winter months, I would be curious to hear about it.

Thanks!
Where in the Pacific Northwest are you located. We live in the San Juan Islands north of Seattle. We have a 2019 30FW 4x4 and would be happy to show it to you and take you for a drive.
SusieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:13 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBerrey View Post

Thanks!
If you find one, run out and buy it. All Dynamax units being built are sold out for the next two years. Gives you an idea of what kind of coach you are looking at, they simply can't build them fast enough. We love ours, we've had a bunch of different coach classes and brands over the years and this one is by far our favorite.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:44 AM   #4

We bought the first 30FW 4X4 produced just about a year ago. It hasn't been trouble free but we are working through all of the bugs. We live in Eastern Washington and bought ours in Boise, ID. Service is an issue since they are 4 1/2 hours away and won't even return a phone call, but fortunately a local Forest River dealer is working with us, but I digress Even after all of the frustration, this coach is just right for us and we love it.

I took the coach to Boise last January for some work and ran into a snow storm near La Grande, Or. All of the trucks on the road were pulling over to chain up and I just switched into 4 wheel drive and kept going. I didn't have any trouble at all and didn't feel and slip or discomfort driving in the snow whatsoever.

My advise, unless you have a relationship with a dealership you trust, is to get the best deal you can no matter where it is and buy it. You most likely won't get good service anywhere.
Old 10-18-2018, 02:31 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratbros View Post
We bought the first 30FW 4X4 produced just about a year ago. It hasn't been trouble free but we are working through all of the bugs. We live in Eastern Washington and bought ours in Boise, ID. Service is an issue since they are 4 1/2 hours away and won't even return a phone call, but fortunately a local Forest River dealer is working with us, but I digress Even after all of the frustration, this coach is just right for us and we love it.

I took the coach to Boise last January for some work and ran into a snow storm near La Grande, Or. All of the trucks on the road were pulling over to chain up and I just switched into 4 wheel drive and kept going. I didn't have any trouble at all and didn't feel and slip or discomfort driving in the snow whatsoever.

My advise, unless you have a relationship with a dealership you trust, is to get the best deal you can no matter where it is and buy it. You most likely won't get good service anywhere.
Have you tried Appleway RV in Spokane Valley? The owner is a friend of mine that was on the wholesale and retail side. I called them on a Saturday morning, he answered in two rings and got one of our customers in same day for an issue that was going to cut their trip short.

There is no way he can do that all the time, but that is a Forest River location that will service our stuff as well.

The other option is RnR RV in Liberty lake, which is the Dynamax dealer. I would be curious the response you get from either of those dealers.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Have you tried Appleway RV in Spokane Valley? The owner is a friend of mine that was on the wholesale and retail side. I called them on a Saturday morning, he answered in two rings and got one of our customers in same day for an issue that was going to cut their trip short.

There is no way he can do that all the time, but that is a Forest River location that will service our stuff as well.

The other option is RnR RV in Liberty lake, which is the Dynamax dealer. I would be curious the response you get from either of those dealers.
I will check them both out. Broadmoor RV in Pasco, WA is doing their best to help us, but it's nice to have options.