Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2021, 09:01 AM   #1

Isata 5 4x4 suspension upgrades (aftermarket) 2

I've read through the post from RedSteelManUSA which is becoming an older post so I thought I'd start it again. I didn't see any links for aftermarket kits on that thread.

I would like to add a few inches in the rear especially. Fairly small drainage areas in BLM land the rear can hit. I'm not looking to do four-wheel-drive trails just easy boondocking can cause rear-end damage. I'm not looking to spend the money on Kelderman.

Cloth11 stated they did leveling blocks and a front-end leveling kit (links?). Redsteelmanusa, did you end up raising your I5?

I'd like to use this thread as posting the links to what others have used to raise their I5s, rear, and front. Again, there are some really good threads on Kelderman so let's don't go that direction on this thread.

Has anyone used the lift blocks from this company? How about using those lift blocks with the Firestone air bags? Thanks everyone!
Old 05-24-2021, 01:58 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvnthedream View Post
I've read through the post from RedSteelManUSA which is becoming an older post so I thought I'd start it again. I didn't see any links for aftermarket kits on that thread.

I would like to add a few inches in the rear especially. Fairly small drainage areas in BLM land the rear can hit. I'm not looking to do four-wheel-drive trails just easy boondocking can cause rear-end damage. I'm not looking to spend the money on Kelderman.

Cloth11 stated they did leveling blocks and a front-end leveling kit (links?). Redsteelmanusa, did you end up raising your I5?

I'd like to use this thread as posting the links to what others have used to raise their I5s, rear, and front. Again, there are some really good threads on Kelderman so let's don't go that direction on this thread.

Has anyone used the lift blocks from this company? How about using those lift blocks with the Firestone air bags? Thanks everyone!
I have rear lift blocks and longer u-bolts from Dodge Off Road (DOR) in hand and waiting for install.

**NOTE** a word of caution: DOR does NOT have the most spectacular repuation when it comes to actually delivering on promises and I'm here to tell you that they are ALL true. The make nice products, but do NOT count on their delivery times being anywhere near what they claim. Their website currently proclaims 5-10 days from order to shipping.....mine arrived in 8 weeks.

https://store.dodgeoffroad.com/Dodge...cks_p_299.html
Old 05-24-2021, 02:03 PM   #3

Quote:

......oh an I also have Firestone airbags already installed. At 70-75-ish PSI I'll see about 1" of lift. If I push it up to the Firestone maximum of 100psi, i'll see about 2" of lift, but I never go down the road at 100psi.....I'm think it would be fine, but I've never done it.

The Firestones and the DOR lift blocks should work together because the Firestones sit on top of the leaf stack and the lift blocks sit under the leaf stack. So, the height relationship between the upper and lower Firestone bracket isn't changed. However, the AirLift air bag kit places the airbag on top of the axle, not the leaf stack, so in theory, any lift block you use to raise the back end would need a corresponding spacer under the airbag.
Old 05-24-2021, 02:04 PM   #4

Quote:

And if you want to take a drive up to Evergreen, you're more than welcome to look at it all in person.

Tags
suspension, upgrade