Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 09:54 PM   #61

Isata 5 8 month review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
I have typed up several responses over the last few days and deleted all and not even sure I will hit submit on this one. Nobody likes problems especially me. But when a problem arrives its all about "how" and the "speed" it is resolved that can make a huge difference to me.

I dont have a dog in this fight nor am I taking sides with anyone. I am just trying to point out some things I have noticed through the thread and some others.

VRunner nerves are maxed out. The dude is fixing to lose it. He has more on his plate then I would ever want to imagine with a sick child. Not just sick but a life threatening illness. I cant imagine....

With that said, VRunner have you not been dealing with some of this since January with your coach? If so then that is too long.

The drive train problem is not Dynamax's fault but should be majorly on board with trying to find someone to fix it. Not saying they are or not, just an observation.

If the dealer has been checked out and approved to sell Dynamax, then they should be approved to decide if windows need to be replaced or not. Nobody wants crooked windows. Only other time I have ever heard of this is on a Nexus. Dynamax is better then that so fix the blasted windows for the guy. If Dynamax does not want to stand behind the windows, then order the blasted things and send me the bill.

The door thing, Im sure is just an over-camber of the door. Accident. Replace ASAP and go on.

I must say I would much rather be reading that some problems arrived and how fast and on top of things the dealer and Dynamax handled these things. If the dealer and Dynamax handle things in a considerable amount of time, nobody can say a word except Im really glad I bought one of these with that kind of support.

As far as the leaks, not sure how that happens if it goes through the rain and water simulator like in the Dynamax video. Im kinda lost on that one.

I am not bashing Dynamax or VRunner. Just really trying to give an honest outsiders opinion.

Also will keep your family in thoughts...

Thanks Mountieman! I appreciate the thoughts!

Outside the four trips back to the dealer from September to November I dropped it off February 1st, it was there until this past Friday when I had to pick it up and take it to a Ram dealer.

And yes my nerves are shot. We are headed to Boston general next week to visit with their oncology department. We have to be there 3 days, out patient testing a few hours a day. MRI's, CT scans, blood tests, etc... They are the only hospital that specializes in proton radiation for the type of tumor my son has. We have been dealing with CHOP but they can not help us anymore, my sons condition is very rare. We also have been to NIH in Maryland a few times. My son asks to camp when we travel away from home. We didn't get to camp the last few trips down but I promised him we would camp this time. We found a camp ground about an hour outside of Boston. So I am picking up the RV this weekend and taking him next week. The dealer is waiting to hear back from Ram... At this point anything I can do to keep his mind off everything else...

My wife told me to drive the RV to Dynamax and give the keys to Brian... she is disgusted and beyond over this. I did promise to put duck tape around the door so she can be assured the door won't pop. We had to stop several times during our trip to Disney to slam it shut. No one was allowed to sit near the door...
Old 04-04-2018, 10:02 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrunner View Post
Thanks Mountieman! I appreciate the thoughts!

Outside the four trips back to the dealer from September to November I dropped it off February 1st, it was there until this past Friday when I had to pick it up and take it to a Ram dealer.

And yes my nerves are shot. We are headed to Boston general next week to visit with their oncology department. We have to be there 3 days, out patient testing a few hours a day. MRI's, CT scans, blood tests, etc... They are the only hospital that specializes in proton radiation for the type of tumor my son has. We have been dealing with CHOP but they can not help us anymore, my sons condition is very rare. We also have been to NIH in Maryland a few times. My son asks to camp when we travel away from home. We didn't get to camp the last few trips down but I promised him we would camp this time. We found a camp ground about an hour outside of Boston. So I am picking up the RV this weekend and taking him next week. The dealer is waiting to hear back from Ram... At this point anything I can do to keep his mind off everything else...

My wife told me to drive the RV to Dynamax and give the keys to Brian... she is disgusted and beyond over this. I did promise to put duck tape around the door so she can be assured the door won't pop. We had to stop several times during our trip to Disney to slam it shut. No one was allowed to sit near the door...
Could you send me your mailing address through a PM. Would like to send your son a gift. Maybe a movie he could watch when y'all travel>
Tried to PM but it says your mailbox is full...
Old 04-04-2018, 10:12 PM   #63

So kind of you! Thank you!!
Old 04-04-2018, 10:30 PM   #64
Commercial Member

1. Hey, we're getting somewhere. Regardless of who flagged it, we have asked for pictures from the dealer. We never received them, but my guys are in contact, its out problem to get them.

2. That is false. I have the private messages from you and emails from the dealer. The first email we got from the dealer was on 2/15. I contacted MORryde on 2/16. I agree there was a delay here because MORryde said it wasn't their issue and the dealer said you had called Ram and they said it wasn't their issue. So I told MORryde that I didn't care what they thought. We would pay for all diagnostics. If it wasn't their issue we would move onto the chassis. The coach was sent to Bud's on Feb 26th. I private messaged you that on Feb 27th (and you replied that you were "an hour away and might not get there until the next week"). Dylans emailed me on Feb 28th that they called you and put you in touch with Bud's directly. On 3/5 you private messaged me "I am going to truck repair garage tomorrow (3/6) with my truck to show them the noise it makes"

3. I have a missed call from Steve on 3/20 at 1:33. At 2:02 PM, I have an outgoing call and the call lasted 5 minutes. prior to that I have no other calls from Steve. 3/15 we finally got Bud's report that the noise was still there (we all assumed the stretched driveline was the cause, which it was not. As such that cost us almost 3 weeks. But, it had to be done to rule it out.). I got the case number from FCA on 3/21 (6 days after we ruled out the driveline). 3/23 I reached out to our regional rep and the central region service manager for FCA asking why they had not found a service center. Your demand letter did not come until 3/26, after we had already been asking the case rep and the only people I know at FCA for help.

4. As I said, we are working with Dylan's just asking for some pics of specific windows.The demand was that "all windows get replaced" I do not believe that all of them are split. So we're just trying to get them to get us pictures of which ones might be rubbing still. That's it.

5. We approved this.

I am not trying to hash this back and forth, I have no desire to do that. I do however feel the need to correct erroneous statements for an accurate record. I do hope to hear that Ram has corrected the chassis issue and we will finish up our end as quickly as we possibly can.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
Old 04-05-2018, 05:34 AM   #65

vrunner: Sorry about your son, Have you been to MD Anderson?
Old 04-05-2018, 06:20 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet19711 View Post
vrunner: Sorry about your son, Have you been to MD Anderson?

Thank you. We haven't been there, they were mentioned as an option, so was St Jude. Based on CHOP's recommendation we set up an appointment at Boston. They have the most experience with his type of tumor. The challenge is his age, tumor size and location. He has had two surgeries but they cannot remove it all. Praying for good news when we get to Boston.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:36 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrunner View Post
Thank you. We haven't been there, they were mentioned as an option, so was St Jude. Based on CHOP's recommendation we set up an appointment at Boston. They have the most experience with his type of tumor. The challenge is his age, tumor size and location. He has had two surgeries but they cannot remove it all. Praying for good news when we get to Boston.
PM coming to you.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:36 AM   #68

Isata 5 8 month review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
1. Hey, we're getting somewhere. Regardless of who flagged it, we have asked for pictures from the dealer. We never received them, but my guys are in contact, its out problem to get them.

2. That is false. I have the private messages from you and emails from the dealer. The first email we got from the dealer was on 2/15. I contacted MORryde on 2/16. I agree there was a delay here because MORryde said it wasn't their issue and the dealer said you had called Ram and they said it wasn't their issue. So I told MORryde that I didn't care what they thought. We would pay for all diagnostics. If it wasn't their issue we would move onto the chassis. The coach was sent to Bud's on Feb 26th. I private messaged you that on Feb 27th (and you replied that you were "an hour away and might not get there until the next week"). Dylans emailed me on Feb 28th that they called you and put you in touch with Bud's directly. On 3/5 you private messaged me "I am going to truck repair garage tomorrow (3/6) with my truck to show them the noise it makes"

3. I have a missed call from Steve on 3/20 at 1:33. At 2:02 PM, I have an outgoing call and the call lasted 5 minutes. prior to that I have no other calls from Steve. 3/15 we finally got Bud's report that the noise was still there (we all assumed the stretched driveline was the cause, which it was not. As such that cost us almost 3 weeks. But, it had to be done to rule it out.). I got the case number from FCA on 3/21 (6 days after we ruled out the driveline). 3/23 I reached out to our regional rep and the central region service manager for FCA asking why they had not found a service center. Your demand letter did not come until 3/26, after we had already been asking the case rep and the only people I know at FCA for help.

4. As I said, we are working with Dylan's just asking for some pics of specific windows.The demand was that "all windows get replaced" I do not believe that all of them are split. So we're just trying to get them to get us pictures of which ones might be rubbing still. That's it.

5. We approved this.

I am not trying to hash this back and forth, I have no desire to do that. I do however feel the need to correct erroneous statements for an accurate record. I do hope to hear that Ram has corrected the chassis issue and we will finish up our end as quickly as we possibly can.

Well Brian at the end of the day it is all about an accurate record... [emoji58][emoji58][emoji58]

I know when my customers have problems they are thrilled about my accurate records, cause that's what customer service is all about, accurate records. (Sarcasm intentional)

And your right, looking back at the dates, your spot on. One detail I left out was even though it was at Bud's and they were an hour away he wasn't able to get it in the shop any sooner than 3-8/3-9. So while the timeline is accurate it is irrelevant.

So I may be taking the RV this weekend, if I do I will have it all of next week. Then I will need to return it to Ram the following week. Who will have it for an undisclosed amount of time, if they can fix it I then need to pick it up and take it back to Dylan's so they can hopefully finish repairs.

Here is my suggestion, how about I take more pictures of the windows for you. I have the new iPhone, I can take macro, portrait, slo mo video, square, pano, I can do a selfie, I will include a news paper showing the date of the picture, whatever you need to help speed the process since waiting to go back to Dylans will waste more of everyone's precious time.

They can have the windows there when I return and get working on them while addressing the door. I am all about efficiency and results.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:20 AM   #69

Isata 5 8 month review

I ran out of popcorn so I have to chime in..........What about Dylan’s? It looks like they were happy to take your money and then point the finger at Dynamax and claim ‘“we can’t do anything”. They sold you a coach that obviously they did not PDI very well. Why don’t they step up and say we will fix it for you and work it out with Dynamax? They can afford some parts and labor. Aren’t you really Dylan’s customer.? They wanted to change seals on defective window? They don’t know an out of tolerance door? Can’t find a paint shop to get you fixed up? Sounds like a crappy dealer that’s passing the buck. Why didnt they offer to take the coach back to Dynamax? Why do you to take what Dylans says as gospel but yet doubt everything Brian says?

2018 Isata 5 DS
Old 04-05-2018, 09:32 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseaner View Post
I ran out of popcorn so I have to chime in..........What about Dylan’s? It looks like they were happy to take your money and then point the finger at Dynamax and claim ‘“we can’t do anything”. They sold you a coach that obviously they did not PDI very well. Why don’t they step up and say we will fix it for you and work it out with Dynamax? They can afford some parts and labor. Aren’t you really Dylan’s customer.? They wanted to change seals on defective window? They don’t know an out of tolerance door? Can’t find a paint shop to get you fixed up? Sounds like a crappy dealer that’s passing the buck. Why didnt they offer to take the coach back to Dynamax? Why do you to take what Dylans says as gospel but yet doubt everything Brian says?
No more popcorn so you went to booze or drugs? Did the dealer build an inferior product or is the dealer only a sales outlet for the company that did? Did the dealer provide the warranty on inferior parts and/or labor? If the dealer is not up to standards is it only greed based to keep them? Why didn't Dynamax send someone to take it back to the factory as Dylans did not deliver it? Why would a unit be shipped with an out of tolerance door and inferior windows? Putting these things together is not rocket science. These problems should have been noticed before being shipped, they are not like a furnace that stops working a month after delivery. Why do you think he doubts EVERYTHING Brian says? Why do you believe all of what Brian says? Thank you for the chuckle this morning.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:46 AM   #71

Isata 5 8 month review

Booze or drugs? Classy. That’s all I will say on that comment. So the dealer has no responsibility except to cash the check? QA is not 100% on a house with wheels no matter who the manufacture is.Things break. My bathroom mirror broke on my ride home......it happens. The dealer is passing the buck. Where is Dylans customer service? That’s what I am asking. They should be dealing with Dynamax. That’s my point.

2018 Isata 5 DS
Old 04-05-2018, 09:51 AM   #72

The dealer?

I agree with Scott, where's the dealer in all this? Sounds like they don't know what a PDI is? Real easy to blame defects on the mfg (of course they start there) but if the dealer has service techs that know what they are doing they should have caught most or all of these problems and had them fixed or parts ordered before they even attempted delivery. Out of the hundreds of units Dynamax builds every year how many have this many problems shortly after delivery? How many customers are this angry at Dynamax each year? I've never owned an RV that didn't have problems, and even failed components like refrigerators, fuel pumps, brakes, windshields falling out and other issues.
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 04-05-2018, 10:05 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyers View Post
I agree with Scott, where's the dealer in all this? Sounds like they don't know what a PDI is? Real easy to blame defects on the mfg (of course they start there) but if the dealer has service techs that know what they are doing they should have caught most or all of these problems and had them fixed or parts ordered before they even attempted delivery.
First Mr Myers, thank you for a lifetime of service to our country sir.. Hope you are enjoying your retirement.

I agree a good PDI should have caught some of this but is it possible a good PDI before it left the factory would have caught some of this also?

Some people get offended when discussions like this come up but I think it can be a good thing for us owners, mines on order, to see potential problems that might come up in the future and to see how to expect they will be handled by dealers and factory working together or not working together.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:06 AM   #74
Moderator Emeritus

Ok, we've let this one slide long enough. As a reminder, one of our community rules is

Quote:
Customer Disputes: This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to solely vent frustrations about services, products, vendors, or sales. Please settle your differences with the seller, provider, manufacturer, or dealer through other means but not through our community.
The OP is in communication with the GM of Dynamax, and while there are some frustrations on both sides, they do seem to be working towards a common goal of getting this customer's rig fixed. We really do hope the OP gets this resolved, but this is not the medium to do it.

This thread is being closed to further posts while the OP and GM sort this out. Once the issues have been resolved we can provide the OP the means to post a final resolution note.

The Site Team