Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2023, 01:04 PM   #21
Commercial Member

I will have to dig into this as all of our harnesses come in pre-built.

I do wonder a bit if someone here thinks they are “fixing this” if the lights are off. The bedroom reading lights are controlled by a touch button on the light itself. IF the main OVHD switch is OFF, then they will be off, when it is ON, you can turn them ON or OFF at the fixture. IF the OVHD switch is OFF…someone cannot get them to work, so I wonder if they change the wiring to a “hot” wire (CO2 detector) and then they can be turned ON or OFF all the time, regardless of the OVHD switch???

This makes my head hurt.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 01:23 PM   #22
Commercial Member

OK, maybe not that complicated. Pink/White is overhead. Pink-Blk/White CO2 detector.

When people come in, they would hit "Master lights ON", everything would be working as designed. We'll have to change the wire colors or add that to the testing list specifically.

head hurts more now.

Old 05-18-2023, 01:25 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post

I do wonder a bit if someone here thinks they are “fixing this” if the lights are off. The bedroom reading lights are controlled by a touch button on the light itself. IF the main OVHD switch is OFF, then they will be off, when it is ON, you can turn them ON or OFF at the fixture. IF the OVHD switch is OFF…someone cannot get them to work, so I wonder if they change the wiring to a “hot” wire (CO2 detector) and then they can be turned ON or OFF all the time, regardless of the OVHD switch???

This makes my head hurt.

Not 100% sure of what you're wondering about here Brian, but what I can say is this is one of few repairs performed by that dealer that had the outcome I was hoping for. The lights work as I would expect them to and the green CO detector light no-longer goes on and off with the lights, nor does it dim/buzz when the dimmer is activated.

(We're responding at the same time.)

Good luck with that headache, friend!
The Tatzlocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 01:38 PM   #24
National Park Nerd

Mommajoje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 01:40 PM   #25
National Park Nerd

Current situation for me:

Pink and white wires are feeding my CO detector.

Purple and white are feeding overhead reading lights.

I cant tell where the pink/black wire is going.
Mommajoje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 01:31 AM   #26

There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding gas detectors.

CO is lighter than air, so it rises when present, so a CO detector is near the roof.

Propane and Methane are heavier than air, so they fall when present, so a propane/methane detector is located near the floor.
I fail to see how there could be such a thing as a combined CO/Propane detector.
DavidWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 11:21 AM   #27
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWJ View Post

CO is lighter than air, so it rises when present, so a CO detector is near the roof.

Propane and Methane are heavier than air, so they fall when present, so a propane/methane detector is located near the floor.
I fail to see how there could be such a thing as a combined CO/Propane detector.
Not to split hairs....but the difference in weight is so slight, that Carbon Monoxide tends to evenly distribute in the air. Most of the time CO is from heating sources and all of our outlets are at ground level. That is how they can make a combo....it is required to be 4" off the floor

Old 05-23-2023, 12:10 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWJ View Post

Furthermore, until you chimed in, there was no “confusion”. Everyone who was participating in the thread knew exactly what we were discussing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DF16B4EC-01B8-4DB2-AA2B-977026F30F86.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	427.1 KB
ID:	287553  
The Tatzlocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 05:20 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post

This makes my head hurt.

I am not a Dynamax Owner but I love your Earthy sense of reality regarding not only the customers but the folks who build them as well. Everybody is human and MOST of us are deficient in many things.
NO MORE Tricked out
2017 Sandstorm 250 T.H.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 01:50 PM   #30
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom48 View Post
I am not a Dynamax Owner but I love your Earthy sense of reality regarding not only the customers but the folks who build them as well. Everybody is human and MOST of us are deficient in many things.
5 years in production (cargo trailers)
5+ years years in engineering (modular buildings)
20 years in RV's...I have seen a lot.

I correct anyone that say's "that can never happen" and I have real world stories to back it up.

Or even when I hear "there is no way anyone inspected XXXX". I have personally tested things only to have them fail the first trip out.

We are working on a new tablet driven QC program that documents the inspection including pictures and/or video of the working device. The common misconception is to assume it was not inspected, when in fact it may have passed inspection but still failed after XX minutes. Proving it was inspected is not a defense mechanism, but helpful in identifying root cause and changing inspection procedures. I have seen people change one thing and say "oh they must not have inspected it, this will work, and make the exact same mistake of not looking at it long enough (A/C's being a good example).

Tags
propane