Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2020, 09:05 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffwso View Post
Okay, new tank finally arrived. I'm about to pay another $1,000 bill to have the tank replaced. Again, the tank was clearly an issue (Dynamax sent me the tank for free). However, the slip joint is also an issue which did NOT come with the new tank. Guess it's a Dynamax design flaw. Would like to see them fix this with no questions asked but that is apparently not going to happen.
When you say that the slip joints were not included, what do you mean by that? The grommets themselves were not included or the holes weren't cut in the tank to accept the grommets? In my head both of those things are semi-easy to rectify. The grommets are pretty cheap (sub $10) and a hole saw would make short work of making the holes in the top of the tank. In fact, sitting here typing this, I'd almost rather that there weren't any hole cut in the top of the tank because I'd want install the tank in place and mark EXACTLY where the holes should be and then remove the tank and cut the holes. Just my opinion though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffwso View Post
So, warning to all Isata 5 owners---know that your black tank when full could well leak into your right and left hatches. Do NOT put your family heirlooms in those hatches lest the get coated in sewage.
Rest assured, I know your feeling well. I would add that since I repaired my blank tank connection at the vent stack, I have not had it leak another drop. That includes times when we've boondocked, the black tank was near full and we had to drive to find a place to dump. Trust me, I was nervous every time, but it's been okay.

I'd also say that I have also added the (wood) support under the tanks to keep them from bowing when they are full-ish.

Tags
black, black tank, tank