Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2018, 09:52 AM   #41
Commercial Member

Hoblet I know has worked on one. I think it is an hour or so from SD?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:20 AM   #42

Casey, I know that Ventura is really far for you but we were told by the Cummins shop in Ventura that Crown Dodge in Ventura will work on motorhomes. They called over there when we were there trying to find a place that will work on ours.
Windsurf-mobile for us
LandKKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:25 AM   #43

Thanks BC they are too far for me (550 miles), but I found Poway Chrysler/Ram with a big truck lift, they are only 27 miles from me. I'm going in Thursday for my first oil change and such. I'm going to ask them to fix my fuel tank venting issue under warranty. Did RAM build that or was it modified by the upfitter? Ram should cover it under Ram warranty?
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:05 AM   #44
Commercial Member

Probably not. Have them take a look. Maybe the vent or gen return got rotated during install? It might be one you would have to pay and be reimbursed. It just depends on the their diagnosis.

Some of it is theirs, but most of it we would control on the up-fit.

Old 07-15-2018, 09:16 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Probably not. Have them take a look. Maybe the vent or gen return got rotated during install? It might be one you would have to pay and be reimbursed. It just depends on the their diagnosis.

Some of it is theirs, but most of it we would control on the up-fit.
Dealer update: Drove up to the Poway dealer last Thursday and even though I was very explicit over the phone when making the appt, about the size of my rig, the dimensions, weight etc...I get there and in their very narrow driveway they tell me it's too big for them. So that was a wasted trip. RV Solutions referred me to Coach Net but my rig is not registered with them so they won't talk to me, so I'm waiting for Monday AM to see about getting my VIN registered so I can ask them to find me a RAM dealer that's not up in LA. All I want to do is the initial service and for someone to fix that fuel filler pipe venting issue. Maybe Coach Net will help. I have also been talking with Chrysler CAIR and have a case number to find me a dealer.
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 07-16-2018, 08:16 AM   #46
Commercial Member

I wouldn't bother with CoachNet for something like this....CAIR is your best bet. We are working with their people to get a full list of business link dealers that have the facilities to service if they need to lift. Sometimes they don't need to.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:17 AM   #47
Commercial Member

Typically with CoachNET, if you just give them your VIN and tell them you just bought a Forest River, you should be good to go. Sometimes it takes a week or two for everything to get sent in once it is retail sold. We automatically enroll you on our end

Old 07-16-2018, 08:41 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I wouldn't bother with CoachNet for something like this....CAIR is your best bet. We are working with their people to get a full list of business link dealers that have the facilities to service if they need to lift. Sometimes they don't need to.
Thanks BC. I really just want to get my 5,000 mile service done and oh by the way look at my fuel filler pipe. So far no luck, I'm going to call CAIR back today to see if they've found a dealer for me.
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 07-16-2018, 09:18 AM   #49

This may not help but its worth a try,
1. Experiment with the position of the nozzle in the filler hole. All the way in, half way in, barely in... etc...
2. Turn the nozzle upside down. I know it sounds odd but I have to do this from time to time with some nozzles that autoshutoff every few seconds.

I always try adjusting the "in and out" aspect then I'll resort to just flipping the nozzle over.

Hope you get your issue corrected soon.
kfd82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:24 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfd82 View Post
1. Experiment with the position of the nozzle in the filler hole. All the way in, half way in, barely in... etc...
2. Turn the nozzle upside down. I know it sounds odd but I have to do this from time to time with some nozzles that autoshutoff every few seconds.

I always try adjusting the "in and out" aspect then I'll resort to just flipping the nozzle over.

Thanks for the ideas, but this is a venting issue. One time it threw several gallons back at me. Possibly related to the generator pickup line and vent. Most likely created by the chassis work done at Morryde. If I can't get Chrysler or someone to fix it I may go to a fuel tank expert, you know the folks that build aux fuel tanks. I once had a custom tank built for my Shasta Class C back in 1978, and that was done by a company here in San Diego that just built fuel tanks.
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 07-16-2018, 12:41 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyers View Post
Thanks BC. I really just want to get my 5,000 mile service done and oh by the way look at my fuel filler pipe. So far no luck, I'm going to call CAIR back today to see if they've found a dealer for me.
This may be off topic but when you say 5k mile service, what do u mean? I thought the first oil change was something like 15k miles. We are coming up on 5k miles, want to do the right thing.
Windsurf-mobile for us
Old 07-16-2018, 01:03 PM   #52

Quote:
Dealer update: Drove up to the Poway dealer last Thursday and even though I was very explicit over the phone when making the appt, about the size of my rig, the dimensions, weight etc...I get there and in their very narrow driveway they tell me it's too big for them. So that was a wasted trip. RV Solutions referred me to Coach Net but my rig is not registered with them so they won't talk to me, so I'm waiting for Monday AM to see about getting my VIN registered so I can ask them to find me a RAM dealer that's not up in LA. All I want to do is the initial service and for someone to fix that fuel filler pipe venting issue. Maybe Coach Net will help. I have also been talking with Chrysler CAIR and have a case number to find me a dealer.
Thanks for the update on this! I am following closely as we are experiencing the same issue with our 35DB.
BLT4SPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:59 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLT4SPD View Post
Thanks for the update on this! I am following closely as we are experiencing the same issue with our 35DB.
Did you straighten out the 'dip' in the rubber portion of the pipe?
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 07-16-2018, 09:51 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfd82 View Post

Different animal but I have to do that with my REV. Especially with the high flow rate pumps at COSTCO . No problem with the slow flow rate pumps in NJ.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:12 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLT4SPD View Post

X2
vrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:37 PM   #56

Update. I found a RAM dealer in San Diego (Rancho, they have an outside lift for big trucks so they can handle an I5 DS) that will service my rig, going over there tomorrow. I will ask them to look at the fuel filler plumbing under warranty.
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 07-18-2018, 05:30 PM   #57

Update

Well the local RAM dealer will not touch the fuel filler pipe, claims that's an up fitter installed item and to go back to the builder. I found a local company that modifies trucks for racing, I called them the owner seemed to understand the issue right away and he said to bring it in and he'll see if he can fix it.
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 07-20-2018, 08:34 AM   #58

There is no 5000 mile service on the RAM 5500.

2018 Isata 5 DS
sseaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:45 AM   #59

There is on mine, just had it done...
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 07-20-2018, 10:56 AM   #60

Quote:
There is on mine, just had it done...
Casey:
What did you have done? I also thought there was no service required till 15k.
Linda
Windsurf-mobile for us

Tags
fuel