Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2018, 11:11 AM   #141

Been following this and others with anything to do with the Isata5. This will be our next one. Have not seen one in person yet but will be going back to MHS to check them out. Bought Thor Gemini from them back in Aug. Want to move up. Been driving Dodges Ram now since 1969 so I kinda partial to the Ram and Cummins.
lschultz548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 11:17 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschultz548 View Post
Been following this and others with anything to do with the Isata5. This will be our next one. Have not seen one in person yet but will be going back to MHS to check them out. Bought Thor Gemini from them back in Aug. Want to move up. Been driving Dodges Ram now since 1969 so I kinda partial to the Ram and Cummins.

We bought ours for some of your reasons, can't be happier. We took delivery of an I5 DS back in June. 12,000 miles and really like the rig. We did option the 4x4 and I used it this past summer in some muddy fields in a monsoon, performed very well. PM me if you have any questions and we can email. Scott Seaner on here has a great deal of experience with an I 5 too. And you are in the right place, this forum is invaluable. Welcome to the group!
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:13 PM   #143

We would have had an I-5 4x4 if the wife hadn't seen the DX3. The petite one's always want the biggest!! LOL. Drove 1200 miles to MHS. Well worth the time and effort. Their PDI was excellent plus we spent 2 extra days at their campground to fix a couple nits. BTW, we still have our '14 RAM 6.7 DRW Aisin, CC LB. Don't need it any more, but DW refuses to sell it. Like I said, the petite one's always want the biggest.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 02:57 PM   #144

I just completed a lengthy trip in our 5 with a tow and fueled almost exclusively at truck stops. I had been using the 2 1/2gal DEF and I was low at one point and needed to purchase the DEF at the pump. It was some aggravation but when I discovered the cost savings of over 60% I deemed it worth the trouble. I just had to learn the proper procedure!
Stop with drivers door adjacent to pump (you don’t want an 18wheeler close behind when you need to back up)... Go inside and advise the clerk you want both diesel and DEF and let them authorize an excessive dollar amount... pull forward and fuel the diesel... carefully (with tow) back up to DEF tank and fill...pull on forward to clear pumps and go in for receipt, which will only be for the amount pumped. I just took me a couple of times to figure out the proper sequence.
I still don’t know why they want the diesel fueled first!?
Working hard on “elderhood”
RKBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 03:39 PM   #145

Diesel fueled first. Hmmmm that a new one on me. I usually buy the 2.5 gals for my truck and I topped off the Gemini with it too. Don't remember it saying anything like this about the Ram truck I have or the Gemini. I usually add it in my shop have bought it from Buckeyes in the truck before. Guess I gonna have to do some calculatesing on the cost of the 2.5 gal jug compared to Buckeyes.
Old 01-01-2019, 05:47 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKBob View Post
I just completed a lengthy trip in our 5 with a tow and fueled almost exclusively at truck stops. I had been using the 2 1/2gal DEF and I was low at one point and needed to purchase the DEF at the pump. It was some aggravation but when I discovered the cost savings of over 60% I deemed it worth the trouble. I just had to learn the proper procedure!
Stop with drivers door adjacent to pump (you don’t want an 18wheeler close behind when you need to back up)... Go inside and advise the clerk you want both diesel and DEF and let them authorize an excessive dollar amount... pull forward and fuel the diesel... carefully (with tow) back up to DEF tank and fill...pull on forward to clear pumps and go in for receipt, which will only be for the amount pumped. I just took me a couple of times to figure out the proper sequence.
I still don’t know why they want the diesel fueled first!?
That’s exactly why I buy mine at Walmart, the truck stops want you to fill DEF first. My tow bar won’t let me back up, and I don’t want to make two trips through the island just to get a few gallons of DEF. I’m paying $12 to $15 for 2.5 gallons I’d Blue,, what’s the pump price?
Old 01-01-2019, 09:31 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyers View Post
That’s exactly why I buy mine at Walmart, the truck stops want you to fill DEF first. My tow bar won’t let me back up, and I don’t want to make two trips through the island just to get a few gallons of DEF. I’m paying $12 to $15 for 2.5 gallons I’d Blue,, what’s the pump price?
I get mine at Walmart too, just be sure you check the date code to be sure it's not old stock........
I5PhilGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 11:35 PM   #148

I noticed this on my 2019 isata3 24fw but thought it was something I was doing wrong! Need to also take a look! thanks everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!
wanderer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:37 PM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschultz548 View Post
Diesel fueled first. Hmmmm that a new one on me. I usually buy the 2.5 gals for my truck and I topped off the Gemini with it too. Don't remember it saying anything like this about the Ram truck I have or the Gemini. I usually add it in my shop have bought it from Buckeyes in the truck before. Guess I gonna have to do some calculatesing on the cost of the 2.5 gal jug compared to Buckeyes.
The diesel fueled first seemed to be some kind of truck stop requirement; I’m sure if you only wanted DEF they would pump it. Kind of aggravating the first time with multiple trips forth and back to the fuel counter. Might have to do with preventing accidentally filling your diesel tank with DEF which is a disaster!😎
Working hard on “elderhood”
RKBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:39 PM   #150

We have a 2000 Reflection, we just got back from a short trip to Richmond KY. When we tried to fuel on the drivers side, we could not get the feeling port to take and fuel. Tried the passenger side, it took fuel but extremely slow. We are home now, guess I will be under the RV this weekend. Thanks for a ideal on where to start looking.
Bigo39us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 08:06 PM   #151

New I5 30 FW FUELING ISSUE

Our new I5 is also nearly impossible to fill on some days. Clearly a vent issue. Having read all the discussions on this topic, it’s clear to me that this unacceptable condition can easily occur if the conditions for refueling are not ideal. I’ve ruined clothes already due to this problem. I am going to the Delaware Rally next week and hope to learn more about a fix for this issue.
Stanmawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 09:29 PM   #152

Did you try adjust the slope of your fill pipe? That’s all in this thread. And make sure you don’t have a ‘dip’ in the rubber hose section near the tank. After I made the adjustments I no longer have fill issues. Engine and generator have to be off.
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 06-10-2019, 09:33 AM   #153
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanmawyer View Post
Our new I5 is also nearly impossible to fill on some days. Clearly a vent issue. Having read all the discussions on this topic, it’s clear to me that this unacceptable condition can easily occur if the conditions for refueling are not ideal. I’ve ruined clothes already due to this problem. I am going to the Delaware Rally next week and hope to learn more about a fix for this issue.
If you're going to be at the rally, submit a service request and we can have Greg take a look.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 06:35 PM   #154

Where do I send the service request?

Where do I send the service request
Stanmawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:59 PM   #155
Commercial Member

Aaron hall posted the form and the instructions. Might be in the rally Thread. This is onyl for rally guests attendees though. The form was getting sent to Dan Dobecki. ddobecki@forestriverinc.com so we can try and create a parts list we might need.

Old 01-04-2021, 12:56 PM   #156

Dear Dynamax,

Below you will find a picture of the fuel fill hose on a new Thor Omni/Magnitude. As you can see, it is 100% rubber from the fill point on the side of the coach all the way to the tank. You will also notice that it has a HUGE sag in it as it makes its way to the fuel tank. Reportedly this is causing virtually all owners of an Omni/Magnitude product a VERY hard time when filling their coach with diesel.

So, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU for not doing that to the Isata 5.

Old 01-04-2021, 01:43 PM   #157
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLT4SPD View Post
Dear Dynamax,

Below you will find a picture of the fuel fill hose on a new Thor Omni/Magnitude. As you can see, it is 100% rubber from the fill point on the side of the coach all the way to the tank. You will also notice that it has a HUGE sag in it as it makes its way to the fuel tank. Reportedly this is causing virtually all owners of an Omni/Magnitude product a VERY hard time when filling their coach with diesel.

So, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU for not doing that to the Isata 5.

lol...well, we had some learning curves there as well, but that was 3 years ago.

Old 01-04-2021, 03:52 PM   #158

That's really an easy fix, straighten that hose out and it should be good. Like Brian said we had a few problems back in 2018 but collectively figured it out and some of us made a few 'field' repairs and all is good now. And on the RAM chassis I learned not to take on fuel with the GenSet or engine running.
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 01-05-2021, 01:30 PM   #159

These pics are from two different 36DS Isata 5's. The one with the horizontal pipe is from the Hershey show last year. I suspect this results in filling issues. I have no filling issues on mine which is the 2nd picture with the angled pipe. The fill line goes from the back corner down to this pipe and forward to the fuel tank.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5154.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	352.0 KB
ID:	245510   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5576.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	419.4 KB
ID:	245511  
No longer mine: 2006 Rockwood Roo 23SS
All pop-up and tent camping before...
mjbenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 01:34 PM   #160
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbenedict View Post
These pics are from two different 36DS Isata 5's. The one with the horizontal pipe is from the Hershey show last year. I suspect this results in filling issues. I have no filling issues on mine which is the 2nd picture with the angled pipe. The fill line goes from the back corner down to this pipe and forward to the fuel tank.
We had this fixed before last year...In the first pic, it slopes down before that flatter spot, so that gets the momentum going but not nearly the margin of error that the 2nd pic has. We were able to raise the fill even more to mimic another floor plan, by going through the rail.

It's the low "dip" right before the tank that was causing us issues. We would get it all set and then the electrical guys were taking it loose or moving it to run wires.

Tags
fuel