Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2019, 02:32 PM   #1

Isata 5 Generator?...

I have an Isata 5 30FW on order with expected delivery in January (our first RV). Will it have a 6kW or 8kW Onan Diesel Generator? The web site specs say it is 6kW but the 2020 brochure says its an 8kW. Thanks in advance. New to Dynamax and to this forum.
TrailWayz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 03:13 PM   #2
Commercial Member

8KW. Not sure why the website is in error, but we'll get it corrected.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 03:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailWayz View Post
I have an Isata 5 30FW on order with expected delivery in January (our first RV). Will it have a 6kW or 8kW Onan Diesel Generator? The web site specs say it is 6kW but the 2020 brochure says its an 8kW. Thanks in advance. New to Dynamax and to this forum.
Welcome to the 'family'. You'll love your decision. You can tailor your 'Signature' so that it lists what model you have, I5 30 FW, 4X4, etc.. so that everytime you post we know what unit you are asking about. You'll have issues, most do and you've come to the right place for help. I've had mine a year and will help you if you have any of the problems I ran into.

Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 04:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyers View Post
Welcome to the 'family'. You'll love your decision. You can tailor your 'Signature' so that it lists what model you have, I5 30 FW, 4X4, etc.. so that everytime you post we know what unit you are asking about. You'll have issues, most do and you've come to the right place for help. I've had mine a year and will help you if you have any of the problems I ran into.

Thanks. We are very excited!

I'm sure I will be reaching out frequently so it's great to know there is this awesome resource available for any problems or issues that might (will likely!) come up.

My dealer has given me reason to pause but they were the only Dynamax dealer in my state so having this forum offers another level of comfort. I'm hoping my experience will improve with the after sales so I'll hold back on any further judgement. You can bet my PDI will be extensive and thorough!

If there is anything you would like to call out for the inspection, I would welcome it.

I will update my signature with the model information and post a picture since we ordered a custom color.

bclemens thanks for confirming the spec... and your participation in this forum. I have been lurking around here for almost 6 weeks and your activity here is inspiring for owners and a model example for other corporate leaders to follow.

Regards,
-Brian
Old 09-09-2019, 05:18 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Who is your dealer?

Old 09-09-2019, 05:33 PM   #6

There is a thread on here and a very good PDI checklist available too. I recommend it. This is an old one, there may be an updated one on here, try the search engine.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dynamax PDI 2018.pdf (77.4 KB, 35 views)
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 06:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Who is your dealer?
I'd rather not say unless I have some real issues but it is the only dealer in my state so it would be easy to deduce. If my concerns are realized I will be very vocal about who they are!

I really should have said my salesperson has given me pause. The sales manager has shown to be well informed about the model and brand. Unfortunately, he keeps deferring me to the salesperson. I have no other experience with their service beyond these two so I should refrain from any possible mischaracterizations at this point. However, I do have some apprehension about doing the PDI with my salesman. I did meet the owner as well and he was of course appreciative for my business.

Thanks, I will check for the PDI threads.

2020 Isata 5 30FW 4x4
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
Old 09-09-2019, 06:44 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Those guys are normally pretty good. Of course everyone gets a bad employee from time to time, but if we have ever needed some help, the owner has always answered the call.

Tags
generator