Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2021, 01:08 PM   #1

Isata 5 harness connectors

I did some searching but couldn't find the answer to this.

What brand / model or series are the harness connectors in the I5? I was having some speakers issues with the home theater setup in my 35DB and it seems like the speakers didn't line up with what location I though they should be. I was able to fix that by just plugging the leads into different slots on the Samsung home theater unit. But my reason for asking this is that the wire for the subwoofer was broken off where it goes into the large connector on the harness in the coach. I'd like to look them up and figure out how to get it apart safely so I can remove the 1 pine and reattach the wire properly. Right now I wedged it in with a toothpick but I know that won't survive bouncing down the road in the future.
Phreak480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 03:11 PM   #2

Well I did some open source intel analysis and was able to find what I think is the answer.

Looks like AMP brand Universal Mate-N-Lok connectors.

I was able to find the catalogs and the info on how to take them apart.

With this I can repair the 1 fractured wire and re-pin the connector behind the home theater system to match the color code it should have been. I pulled the canter channel speakers and the wire going to it is the correct color from the Dynamax harness, but on the home theater side of the plug it has a different color connector than it should so if plugged into the matching color on the Samsung unit then it's fed from the wrong channel. I almost wonder if it got built upside down or something but won't know until I take it all apart and see what was going where.

I'll be pulling each speaker from the ceiling to verify they are on the wire color I think they should be. If they are then it's a trivial matter to re-pin the Samsung end of the connector to line it all up correctly with the correct colors matching up all the way through as I'm sure it was designed to be.

I know some folks previously cursed the wire harness lengths and bulk but I for one am quite happy to be able to move this around and work on it.
Old 03-11-2021, 09:39 AM   #3

Took the connector apart this morning and reorganized the leads according to what I think the physical layout should be based on where the TV is located. The leads to speakers in the ceiling harness did indeed line up with how they are labeled at each speaker but I felt those are not the locations they should be (I understand it's likely due to the "1 harness many layouts" concept and am not at all complaining). I just wanted them to match up to my layout and if the Home theater ever gets unplugged the colors on those plugs to match the back of the unit to where i think each speaker should be.

I also repaired the broken wire for the subwoofer lead. It broke right at the crimp on the connector pin. While I had it apart i just soldered it in pace since don't have any of these pins in my garage. Yes in this environment crimp is a better idea but work with what ya got.

Every time I find myself undertaking some nifty project on this thing I enjoy seeing how well built it is. Next project is get on the roof and disassemble the king antenna because someone snapped the coax at the connector where it connects to the antenna head. I guess it got spun around too far up top (inside has stops to prevent doing such) when it overrode the internal stops. It then pulled the coax and broke it. Hoping I can crimp on a new connector up there so I don't have to take the whole base off the roof which will mean removing all the sealant and having to reseal it.
Old 03-11-2021, 02:09 PM   #4

Sorry, a little late to the game here and it looks like you got things figured out, but this document might come in handy at some point. It’s for a 36DS, but I have to assume that the connectors and pins are shared across the 35DB as well. Pages 6-9 have connector and pin part numbers.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ISATA 5 36DS Wiring Diagram.pdf (4.23 MB, 52 views)