Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2020, 10:53 AM   #1

Isata 5 Keypad - add battery in door?

I've been thinking of adding a rechargeable battery in my door to keep the keypad powered when opened. It would stay charged like an emergency light when shut and keep the door from beeping every time it's shut.
Any thoughts? Anyone do something like this?
Mine is a 2021 with the new door/keypad.
No longer mine: 2006 Rockwood Roo 23SS
All pop-up and tent camping before...
mjbenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 11:00 AM   #2
Commercial Member

I think the doors we are getting today are loomed and wired. That is the other option...see about converting the pins system to a small flexible wire.

I am actually not bothered by the beep, but apparently some people have some are dealing with some serious misophonia

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:23 PM   #3

I had to look up misophonia on Google. As I am reading the definitions the dog has a loud gag behind me. Two minutes later we have thunder.

Apparently I have misophonia. I was diagnosed with phonophobia and photophobia years ago after a steel bar collided with my head.

Every noise in the RV drives me nuts. It is almost always cargo and not the RV.

I hate when someone locks their car with a key fob and the horn blows.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 06:59 AM   #4
Commercial Member

I turn up the radio

Old 07-31-2020, 12:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I turn up the radio
That makes the static louder.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 05:30 PM   #6

Quote:
I think the doors we are getting today are loomed and wired. That is the other option...see about converting the pins system to a small flexible wire.

I am actually not bothered by the beep, but apparently some people have some are dealing with some serious misophonia
After 6 month of Isata 5 30FW RV ownership, first time today we can hear a beeping sound when closing the door. Wife and I been all over the owners manual thinking that we might have to replace a battery in the keyless entry door pad.
Please tell me that beeping when closing the entry door (as you both described)is supposed to be normal and it took our RV 6 month to activate the beep or we just gained some lost hearing function back.
msusslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 08:35 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Depends on the door. If you have the square corners at the top, then you have the PTL door...and yes, that should beep when closed and power is restored via the contacts. If you have a radius corners at the top of the door, that is Challenger and the beeping is something else.

Old 04-05-2021, 06:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Depends on the door. If you have the square corners at the top, then you have the PTL door...and yes, that should beep when closed and power is restored via the contacts. If you have a radius corners at the top of the door, that is Challenger and the beeping is something else.
Thank you for getting back to us. Not sure I understand what door we might have. The square corners on to top of the coach entry door or on the entry keypad itself? Our door has square corners. Based on the manual it appears we have the Trimark keyless keypad (page 4 in manual)however we never got a separate keyfob as described in that manual. We cant find anything in the manual what the beeping sound is when closing the door. As we close the door the keypad lights up and beeps and stops when the door is closed.
All locking and opening functions work as before. Its just that beeping sound when closing the door which has us concerned as we did not hear that beep before.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-06-2021, 12:18 PM   #9

From the Trimark eAsk Manual:

Quote:
Buzzer Operation
The keypad buzzer chirps once when power is first applied to the keypad and for each key press during regular use. When an authorized access code is entered, the system chirps twice to indicate readiness to secure operation.

The keypad chirps twice for each button press while in learn mode. When a new access code is defined, the system chirps 3 times. If an incorrect code is entered during learn mode, there is a 1-2 second chirp.
Desert Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 02:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by msusslin View Post
Thank you for getting back to us. Not sure I understand what door we might have. The square corners on to top of the coach entry door or on the entry keypad itself? Our door has square corners. Based on the manual it appears we have the Trimark keyless keypad (page 4 in manual)however we never got a separate keyfob as described in that manual. We cant find anything in the manual what the beeping sound is when closing the door. As we close the door the keypad lights up and beeps and stops when the door is closed.
All locking and opening functions work as before. Its just that beeping sound when closing the door which has us concerned as we did not hear that beep before.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Door shape. If yours is a rectangle then it is the PTL. If the top is an Arch it is the challenger.
Phreak480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 12:33 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak480 View Post
Door shape. If yours is a rectangle then it is the PTL. If the top is an Arch it is the challenger.
We have the PTL door and we talked to a service person at PTL and we are still trying to figure out what the beeping sound is when closing the door. Several other Isata 5 owners on Facebook said that they have the same door but no beeping sound when closing the door.
Old 04-07-2021, 12:48 PM   #12
Commercial Member

Quote:
We have the PTL door and we talked to a service person at PTL and we are still trying to figure out what the beeping sound is when closing the door. Several other Isata 5 owners on Facebook said that they have the same door but no beeping sound when closing the door.
The beeping is when power is restored. (Contacts on the jamb).

Some will not beep, because PTL started hard wiring the doors and not using contacts.

Old 04-07-2021, 03:43 PM   #13

Quote:

Some will not beep, because PTL started hard wiring the doors and not using contacts.
It appears our door is with hard wiring as we can't see any contacts in the jam. The service person we talked to took the serial number of the door to verify and he was under the understanding that Dynamax configures the door during assembly to beep or not to beep. Since ours just started beeping that might not be the case.
Old 04-14-2021, 05:06 PM   #14

Quote:

Our PTL hardwired keyless entry door stopped working today. Still a faint beep but can't close or open the door using the keyless pad. We talked to Jason at PTL Engineering and he said to call Dynamax for further help or go to a RV service. I replaced the 15 amp fuse below the stair steps and that fuse was ok.
I will need help from Dynamax to figure out what the cause and the fix might be.
The wiring harness below the door(picture) is not do professional looking and has lots of movement while driving. could that be the cause that we have a loose wire somewhere?
We are on the road on the East Coast and not sure where to take the RV to repair the door.
Click image for larger version

Name:	wiring under step .jpg
Views:	58
Size:	432.4 KB
ID:	251978
Old 04-14-2021, 05:40 PM   #15

Quote:

The PTL hardwired keyless entry door stopped working today. We talked to Jason at PTL Engineering and he said that Dynamax should help us further or a service call is on order. I changed the fuse below the door step but that did not solve the issue as the fuse was fine.
Anybody had that issue before and what could be the fix?
The wiring harness below the door and step is very loose with lots of movement as you might see in the picture. Could that cause a short in the system?
Click image for larger version

Name:	wiring under step .jpg
Views:	70
Size:	432.4 KB
ID:	251989
Old 04-14-2021, 07:41 PM   #16

Check the contacts make sure they are rust free. Then Check the 15A fuse in the red fuse holder. If it’s blown don’t just replace. Find out why. May be the following:

check the wires to the contacts from under the step. Mine are routed around a metal edge that’s sure to eventually cause a short.

—john
johndjmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 06:28 AM   #17

Quote:
The PTL hardwired keyless entry door stopped working today. We talked to Jason at PTL Engineering and he said that Dynamax should help us further or a service call is on order. I changed the fuse below the door step but that did not solve the issue as the fuse was fine.
Anybody had that issue before and what could be the fix?
The wiring harness below the door and step is very loose with lots of movement as you might see in the picture. Could that cause a short in the system?
Attachment 251989
Wow, that’s an awful wiring job. Is that from the factory? If that’s outside the coach as it appears to be those butt connectors aren’t going to last long. I would clean up that rats nest, pack those butt connectors with dielectric grease and cover with shrink tubing.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 06:38 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
Wow, that’s an awful wiring job. Is that from the factory? If that’s outside the coach as it appears to be those butt connectors aren’t going to last long. I would clean up that rats nest, pack those butt connectors with dielectric grease and cover with shrink tubing.
They appear to be heat-shrinkable butt connectors. If so, no extra tubing is needed but the installer didn't apply heat.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:16 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
Hi Bill, yes that's a factory installed rats nest. I was surprised to see that mess.
Since the fuse is fine do you think the cause of the door not getting power anymore might be those 2 butt connectors?
I don't see any external contacts on the door itself, as some members mentioned.
I'm trying to clean up that mess but need anchor points for zippties to connect too. You might see in the picture, there is a purple wire straight as an arrow coming from that black connection point. All the weight from that rats nest is held by that wire.
Old 04-15-2021, 09:41 AM   #20
Commercial Member

Quote:
Hi Bill, yes that's a factory installed rats nest. I was surprised to see that mess.
Since the fuse is fine do you think the cause of the door not getting power anymore might be those 2 butt connectors?
I don't see any external contacts on the door itself, as some members mentioned.
I'm trying to clean up that mess but need anchor points for zippties to connect too. You might see in the picture, there is a purple wire straight as an arrow coming from that black connection point. All the weight from that rats nest is held by that wire.
No external contacts? Where are you looking? Take a picture, or look, at the hinge side of the door, with the door open, standing inside the coach, at the lower third of the door. There will either be a wire loom there (from jamb to door) or metal on the jamb, spring loaded contacts on the door side.

Tags
battery, door