Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2020, 11:34 AM   #1

Isata 5 patio awning manufacturer and operation

Our 2019 Isata 5 30fw awning goes in and out sporadically when using Precision Flex control. No manual came with coach nor in digital stuff. Who is manufacturer and how can I get a manual with troubleshooting info. ?
wachorver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 11:41 AM   #2

Are you using the phone app or the Precison Plex panel to open and close the awning?

Carefree of Colorado is the mfg of the awning, but it sounds more like a Precision Plex issue.
Old 11-24-2020, 12:05 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachorver View Post
Our 2019 Isata 5 30fw awning goes in and out sporadically when using Precision Flex control. No manual came with coach nor in digital stuff. Who is manufacturer and how can I get a manual with troubleshooting info. ?
Paper manuals are always shipped with the coach.
Digital flash drive is also included...some people mistake it for "just a key chain".

Lastly, if you bought used and have neither of those they are ALL, also available online in the digital owners manual.

We are in the process of updating all of the manuals...but here is a link to the 2021 which has the Carefee awning. When you go through the manual there will be PDF's, links and videos off the the right that are contextual.
https://forestriverinc.help/#/dynama...0-9B7635B48F94

Once we update, all of those will be available in a single folder so you don't have to root around in the owners manual to find the appliance manuals.

Though all the awning does is go in and go out. So if it is working sporadically, I would agree it is more likely a multiplex issue, or....

If you press the button for one second and release, it should automatically extend. However, if you press and hold the button, then it puts it in "manual mode" so it will stop when you let off the button. That way you can only put it out so far. That may seem sporadic if you don't know that it can do that.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 01:13 PM   #4

Thanks. I'm Using both the panel and app. Brian may have hinted as to what I'm doing wrong. Likely pushing both buttons too often so the system can't recalibrate. Will try again when I get it clear to open.
Old 11-24-2020, 01:20 PM   #5

Thanks Brian. RV is used so I'm missing a few things including the paper manuals for awning and Thumb Drive. I have downloaded the digital, but couldn't locate the awning stuff that is in the provided 2020 version you sent. I may have pushed the in/out buttons too often during operation, not knowing you had to hold when stopping. Will try again when I have an area to open. Muchly appreciated.
Old 11-24-2020, 01:37 PM   #6

Brian, I did find the awning stuff under the Slide area of the digital download. Thanks again.
Old 11-24-2020, 01:41 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachorver View Post
Brian, I did find the awning stuff under the Slide area of the digital download. Thanks again.
That is one of the reasons we are updating the app/online manual. There were not enough categories to locate the manuals. There was not a "main awning" in the outline so we had to put them with the slide toppers.

We've been working on the revamp for several months now. The DX3 went live today so its all messed up right now as the format is not uploading properly. Once we get that one set up, all the rest will follow suit.

All new owners manual with embedded video for first time RVers (that may be a later release) and all the pdf's and videos in one easy to access location.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning