Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2018, 10:35 PM   #1

ISATA 5 RAM Nav Activation Code coupon deal

https://chryslergroup.navigation.com...=ViewCart-View

$495 a savings of $150 with the Promo Code MAPS150. I tripped over this in an ad on Facebook. Looks legit, I went to activate, added the promo code and my cart price was reduced by the $150.

Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:36 PM   #2

Update: front air ride upgrade Ram 5500. Isata 5 DS

I meant to type $445. Even better huh?
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 12-21-2018, 10:52 PM   #3

Yes Casey, that is the Chrysler navigation site, they occasionally offer $150 off when you activate on line, in fact I activated ours on the Dynamax dealer's lot when we picked it up. Thanks for posting, this will save some new owners $150!
I5PhilGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 09:22 AM   #4

Scott got his for I think $199? I had to pay full boat in June, no discounts anywhere.
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 12-22-2018, 09:41 AM   #5

Yep, Scott has the knack to find the "deals". My son works at a CDJ dealership and he couldn't even get me a discount on the navigation activation!
I5PhilGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 10:23 PM   #6

i paid full boat for my activation. disappointed that my rv dealership didn't tell me about this. i wonder if they don't want us to know about the activation cost.??
Dick Skeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 01:14 AM   #7

Dick,
I think this is just a promotion going on this month or so not their regular price.

Personally I think RAM's problem is marketing, if you are going to install the hardware, go ahead and activate the device. Not many of us would quibble over $500 if it was rolled into the price of the vehicle. Of course BC might see it differently as an OEM he probably gets all kinds of "can you take this off" or "I don't need a furnace so why should I pay for it", questions everyday.
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 12-23-2018, 10:26 AM   #8

thanks Casey,
I remember when i bought my 2013 ram the "oh, by the way, we're adding $500+ to the invoice to activate your nav", that it didn't taste very good.
Old 12-23-2018, 03:55 PM   #9

My Isata5 was supposed to come with CarPlay, it did with the panel insert and cable coiled up in the glove compartment! My son did some research and found it should have been installed in the center console; which th Isata5 doesn’t have ( Brian?). We found a place on the lower dash panel at the transmission hump to cut a hole, install the panel, and routed the cable under the cover to the cable connectors under the drivers seat. However try as we might we could not get the Uconnect to connect to my IPhone X. We did, however, get it to connect to my son’s Android based Samsung. Do any of you have any experience getting CarPlay to work on your Uconnect in the Isata5?
I particularly want the CarPlay so I can connect to Waze for navigation. I have found that in my experience factory based automotive navigation systems are usually out of date even before the updates are loaded. Before anyone advises that Waze doesn’t account for low bridges, etc., I preplan and check my routes
on RV Trip Wizard.
Thanks in advance for any input you may have on this.
Working hard on “elderhood”
RKBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 04:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKBob View Post
My Isata5 was supposed to come with CarPlay, it did with the panel insert and cable coiled up in the glove compartment! My son did some research and found it should have been installed in the center console; which th Isata5 doesn’t have ( Brian?). We found a place on the lower dash panel at the transmission hump to cut a hole, install the panel, and routed the cable under the cover to the cable connectors under the drivers seat. However try as we might we could not get the Uconnect to connect to my IPhone X. We did, however, get it to connect to my son’s Android based Samsung. Do any of you have any experience getting CarPlay to work on your Uconnect in the Isata5?
I particularly want the CarPlay so I can connect to Waze for navigation. I have found that in my experience factory based automotive navigation systems are usually out of date even before the updates are loaded. Before anyone advises that Waze doesn’t account for low bridges, etc., I preplan and check my routes
on RV Trip Wizard.
Pretty sure Waze only works with the Android Auto system. CarPlay only sends Apple Maps to the uConnect. To each their own but i never liked the Waze system. To much clutter and definitely harder to set up a route. Deleted it from my iPhones a year ago.
Old 12-23-2018, 05:49 PM   #11
JGB

Nav Activation

Where do you find the "Request Code" and "Software Version" that they ask for? I Have a 2018 Isata 5 on a 2017 Chassis.
JGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:07 PM   #12

Quote:
on RV Trip Wizard.
Apple car play wasn't installed until 2018 Chassis. If you have a 2018 chassis you should have it and just by hooking your iPhone via bluetooth should get you going. I thought I had a 2018 chassis, turns out it's a '17 so I don't have Car Play. I use the Blue Tooth for 'hands free' phone comms but I use the RAM dash nav for navigating. Good luck.
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 12-24-2018, 12:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Pretty sure Waze only works with the Android Auto system. CarPlay only sends Apple Maps to the uConnect. To each their own but i never liked the Waze system. To much clutter and definitely harder to set up a route. Deleted it from my iPhones a year ago.

Waze works with Apple phones if you have SYNC 3 on Ford vehicles. I suspect you need a recent iPhone also. I use it in my Ford F150 with my iPhone 6.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:20 PM   #14
Commercial Member

Quote:
on RV Trip Wizard.
WAZE and Google Maps is now available on the newest version of CarPlay. We have also been able to get the Android to work, we have not bene able to get the CarPlay side to work. I noted this when I took my demo trip. We have escalated this to Ram, but they have yet to give us a solution. it is MOST certainly a RAM issue.

PS. We are developing a center console with cup holders that will have a spot for the USB plug in. Ram again, added this to the center console that we cannot get due to RV up-fit (instead of putting it on the dash where there is already a USB plug in) and did not tell us. So instead we were re-acting and not planning.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 09:01 PM   #15

we actually like not having a console that blocks passage from the cab to the back. we bought a narrow portable console that holds our cups, and has additional storage, but allows my wife to access the coach w/o going outside. so, if you add a console, pls make it an option, maybe dealer added?
Old 01-02-2019, 10:06 PM   #16
Commercial Member

The center console I'm talking about is like the one you bought...only it is designed to fit the 5500 specifically and has a spot for the USB pigtail. We would not block the cab-coach transition, that would defeat the purpose.

Old 01-02-2019, 10:51 PM   #17

perfect. glad you understand. would love to see what you are considering
Old 01-04-2019, 03:16 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
WAZE and Google Maps is now available on the newest version of CarPlay. We have also been able to get the Android to work, we have not bene able to get the CarPlay side to work. I noted this when I took my demo trip. We have escalated this to Ram, but they have yet to give us a solution. it is MOST certainly a RAM issue.

PS. We are developing a center console with cup holders that will have a spot for the USB plug in. Ram again, added this to the center console that we cannot get due to RV up-fit (instead of putting it on the dash where there is already a USB plug in) and did not tell us. So instead we were re-acting and not planning.
Thanks for the info Brian, will the console be shown in Tampa? My trip was satisfactory using the little “Amazon” console posted on the forum by a member last year. The location my son found for the usb panel is very close to the floorboard which makes for some minor inconvenience. Elevating it in a console would be helpful but only for those using android. It will be diffuilcult teaching an old dog new tricks... operating systems..! If you get the Ram people straightened out let me know.😎😎
Working hard on “elderhood”
RKBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:26 PM   #19
Commercial Member

It will not. We just proto'd it. But once it is done I will post an image in a vehicle.