Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2018, 10:41 AM   #1

Isata 5 rear jacks

Is there a reason the rear jacks are installed so much lower than the front on the Isata 5? Are there any issues if I raise them to get more clearance? I am assuming the throw is the same on all of the jacks. With the snap pads installed its just too close to the road. I have looked at the install manual but I am not sure which model cylinders are installed. Brian, can you clarify that?

2018 Isata 5 DS
sseaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 01:35 PM   #2
Commercial Member

I'll have to ask Equalizer.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 05:26 PM   #3

The rear jacks in my I5 are also lower than the front.

The jacks bolt on and can be adjusted.

On my I5 there is only one hole left to move higher. So mounted just about as high as it will go.

I have never had any issues with scraping, etc.

You could just remove the snap pads and only use when needed.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalenss View Post
The rear jacks in my I5 are also lower than the front.

The jacks bolt on and can be adjusted.

On my I5 there is only one hole left to move higher. So mounted just about as high as it will go.

I have never had any issues with scraping, etc.

You could just remove the snap pads and only use when needed.

I just took another look at it. You can actually move that lower bolt up a few holes and move the entire leg up quite a bit. There are numerous holes in the frame to reinstall all the bolts and really increase the clearance. Snap pads snap on but don’t like to snap off! Looks like another project for next week.

2018 Isata 5 DS
Old 05-14-2018, 08:03 PM   #5

I am not sure you will get the pads off without destroying them. Someone posted on here that it voids the warranty too. I raised the jacks on out Thor we had, they were low enough that they would scrape speed bumps, without snap pads installed. Lol.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:33 AM   #6
Commercial Member

According to Equalizer...it may have just been they expected the rear to sit higher. He sent someone over and they are going to start moving them up.
So I would say, if you want to move them up a hole, then that is your choice. Shouldn't cause any issues.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:49 AM   #7

Isata 5 rear jacks

Ok I am open for suggestions. Moryde must have installed these things with the biggest impact wrench they could find. The problem is once the RV is built you can no longer access the bolts with an impact. They won’t budge. Too close to fuel tank and hoses for heat. Open to ideas......Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3214.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	205.0 KB
ID:	172773Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3215.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	172774Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3217.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	372.6 KB
ID:	172780Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3218.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	284.1 KB
ID:	172781

2018 Isata 5 DS
Old 05-21-2018, 11:28 AM   #8

Cheater Bar (Long Pipe) ?
Old 05-21-2018, 11:48 AM   #9
GWP

Can you get an air Ratchet in there? I doubt I can offer any ideas you haven't already thought of or tried.
Like to move mine up too and I don't even have the pads, just to low for my liking.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseaner View Post
Ok I am open for suggestions. Moryde must have installed these things with the biggest impact wrench they could find. The problem is once the RV is built you can no longer access the bolts with an impact. They won’t budge. Too close to fuel tank and hoses for heat. Open to ideas......Attachment 172773Attachment 172774Attachment 172780Attachment 172781

Some of these new electric impact wrenches (Lowes/Home Depot) have a lot of torque. I see them used by Jeep guys off road. Try one of them with an extension and a universal joint? And make sure your socket and other components are rated for impact use.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:06 PM   #11

No way to get anything in there but an air ratchet and it laughed at that Cheater bar is limited in length and it didn't budge. Need an impact but no access and universal joint would almost be at a 90 degree angle. Maybe a cheater bar on a lift but then I might as well have a dealer do it.

2018 Isata 5 DS
Old 05-21-2018, 01:14 PM   #12

Quote:
No way to get anything in there but an air ratchet and it laughed at that Cheater bar is limited in length and it didn't budge. Need an impact but no access and universal joint would almost be at a 90 degree angle. Maybe a cheater bar on a lift but then I might as well have a dealer do it.

Bite the bullet. Dealer work.
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 05-21-2018, 01:36 PM   #13

Possible warranty work since they do not meet the Equalizer specs even without the Snap Pads?

2018 Isata 5 DS
Old 05-21-2018, 01:49 PM   #14
Commercial Member

Not likely as they don't really have a "spec" per se. I don't think there is a "set" have to have this ground clearance. It was more of a "hey these guys installed snap pads and would like some more clearance, is it possible since the fronts are higher?". Their response was "yes...its not sitting as high as we thought it might." Problem is, we'll still need to take a look because the catch 22 is, we raise them up and now you lose some cylinder throw. The front is pretty fixed, but the back seems to vary quite a bit.

Old 05-21-2018, 01:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Not likely as they don't really have a "spec" per se. I don't think there is a "set" have to have this ground clearance. It was more of a "hey these guys installed snap pads and would like some more clearance, is it possible since the fronts are higher?". Their response was "yes...its not sitting as high as we thought it might." Problem is, we'll still need to take a look because the catch 22 is, we raise them up and now you lose some cylinder throw. The front is pretty fixed, but the back seems to vary quite a bit.
I figured I would take a shot....LOL Looks like you need to move them up 2 to 3 inches in the future.

2018 Isata 5 DS
Old 05-21-2018, 02:01 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Just how high can we raise them w/o loosing the importance of the lift we might need? It'd be based on how long the the shaft is, or how long it can extend?
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 05-21-2018, 02:05 PM   #17

Quote:
I figured I would take a shot....LOL Looks like you need to move them up 2 to 3 inches in the future.
If you move them two inches do you still have a lot of jack lift left?
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 05-21-2018, 02:23 PM   #18
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyers View Post
Just how high can we raise them w/o loosing the importance of the lift we might need? It'd be based on how long the the shaft is, or how long it can extend?
That will likely vary per site. I think sometimes there are sites when you could use a little more travel. I supposed you could carry blocks to accommodate those sites...but its another thing to carry.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:25 PM   #19

I've had a few cases here in my shop where I had to use a floor jack to lift on a cheater bar. Also once used a come-a-long to pull. These setups get a little spooky as things want to flop around a bit. If you need more height to get a decent length cheater in there, can you extend the jacks or run the rear wheels up on blocks? Be careful
Old 05-22-2018, 09:50 PM   #20

That project will have to be put on the back burner until after the rally.

2018 Isata 5 DS

Tags
jacks