Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2022, 02:48 PM   #1

Isata 5 Right Side Camera not working

Right side camera doesn't work when turn signal on. 2019 Dynamax Isat 5 .I've attempted to trace the wires from the camera Conexx CVS125-01 back thru the Intermotive CAM752 18-18 CB modules. The camera feed is good as I switched Left to right. The Intermotive connector behind the wheel does not have a pass through OBDII Connector as their manual describes. Does anyone know where the signal from the turn signal switch comes from? It's hard to trace the colored wires thru the cable bundling tube and the wire colors are not consistent. By the way, the diagnostic jumper on the module shows no signal to the right turn output.
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV intermotive CAM752 18-18CB.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	270620

Click image for larger version

Name:	RV Camera switcher.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	207.6 KB
ID:	270621

CAMxxx 040219 schematic only.pdf
wachorver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 05:52 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachorver View Post
Right side camera doesn't work when turn signal on. 2019 Dynamax Isat 5 .I've attempted to trace the wires from the camera Conexx CVS125-01 back thru the Intermotive CAM752 18-18 CB modules. The camera feed is good as I switched Left to right. The Intermotive connector behind the wheel does not have a pass through OBDII Connector as their manual describes. Does anyone know where the signal from the turn signal switch comes from? It's hard to trace the colored wires thru the cable bundling tube and the wire colors are not consistent. By the way, the diagnostic jumper on the module shows no signal to the right turn output.
Attachment 270620

Attachment 270621

Attachment 270622
I've had no replies to this inquiry. Perhaps it was too lengthy? To put it simply does anyone know where the wire from the CAM752 module ties into the turn signal?
Old 06-30-2022, 07:25 AM   #3
Commercial Member

I'm not sure it was too lengthy, but this is the first I saw it. New posts don't out signals so it might just take a little time.

The Ram chassis started using CANbus for its signals. it is not an analog signal like it used to be so we had to use the Intermotive to read the digital signal and then send it to the camera. So if the chassis is off, there would be no signal. Key needs to be on.

Personally, I would eliminate any triggers IF you can turn the mode to show all (3) screens (like we do today). OR, use the AUX switch's to send a signal for the right and left signals.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 02:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I'm not sure it was too lengthy, but this is the first I saw it. New posts don't out signals so it might just take a little time.

The Ram chassis started using CANbus for its signals. it is not an analog signal like it used to be so we had to use the Intermotive to read the digital signal and then send it to the camera. So if the chassis is off, there would be no signal. Key needs to be on.

Personally, I would eliminate any triggers IF you can turn the mode to show all (3) screens (like we do today). OR, use the AUX switch's to send a signal for the right and left signals.
Thanks Brian for the quick comeback. Where does the Intermotive tie into the Ram CANbus? What is the CANbus? Would that be the old OBDII connector?
Old 06-30-2022, 02:49 PM   #5
Commercial Member

The intermotive control ties in where you see it...those are plugs from the chassis

CANbus https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAN_bus

No.. OBDII is still OBD, Ram has one.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 01:13 PM   #6

Thanks again Brian. Think I'll tie into aux. Switch and let the wife turn it on when needed. Muchly appreciated info.

Tags
camera