Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2020, 03:02 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Luckily you are wrong on two counts (in a good way).

1. The warranty on the Ram is transferable.
2. It is up to "US" to figure out.

So as for the E-brake signal coming on, that has nothing to do with this thread. This thread is in regard to the E-brake signal NOT being sent without the key on. If you do a search for E-brake and Milkman55, I think he mentioned an issue where the E-Brake light was coming on in transit. The issue was that the E-brake itself was fairly loose (or heavy, however you want to look at it) and just by driving the light was coming on. The switch that starts the light up in the first place likely comes on with the very slightest pressure or bump of the E-brake. He putt a rubber band from the turn signal to the E-brake to keep it "help up" from resting on the switch.

As for the ESC coming on. I am hearing this more often. Again, Milkman55 had it in high winds. The winds were pushing the the coach, so he had ot turn the steering wheel slightly to keep it straight. Well, there are sensors in the wheel AND steering wheel. So those sensors thing that the wheel is turned and the tires are spinning in another direction.

Now, THAT is one scenario...but I have seen this happen in normal conditions. When we see it, it is because the steering wheel is not aligned. It just started popping up on the 2019, 2020 chassis. So I am guessing that you likely just need to have the steering wheel aligned. We thought maybe it was just on the units getting the air suspension and they were loosening it up, but we just had a stock coach with the steering wheel 2" from center. So check yours...maybe its 1" off, so not super noticeable, but still causing issues with the speeds/wheel sensors.
Newbie mistake on hijacking the thread, rgr that good copy. Tracking the Dynamax warranty is out and Ram Warranty is good. Also tracking the VSIM DI output is unlikely culprit to the random brake light an highly likely its the SW. Appreciate the SME input from both replys
2020 ISATA 5
FW30 4X4
RACERX335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 03:12 PM   #22
Commercial Member

No worries at all. I can certainly see the potential correlation...Ram, Isata 5, E-brake all the relevant keywords are included.

Good for you, sad for the original owner...they got out for an issue that can be resolved very easily. We do our best to try to direct people to where they can get answers....the only medium we haven't tried is smoke signals...but we're still not at 100% reception rate on getting help to people when they need it. We'll keep trying.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:16 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Luckily you are wrong on two counts (in a good way).

1. The warranty on the Ram is transferable.
2. It is up to "US" to figure out.

So as for the E-brake signal coming on, that has nothing to do with this thread. This thread is in regard to the E-brake signal NOT being sent without the key on. If you do a search for E-brake and Milkman55, I think he mentioned an issue where the E-Brake light was coming on in transit. The issue was that the E-brake itself was fairly loose (or heavy, however you want to look at it) and just by driving the light was coming on. The switch that starts the light up in the first place likely comes on with the very slightest pressure or bump of the E-brake. He putt a rubber band from the turn signal to the E-brake to keep it "help up" from resting on the switch.

As for the ESC coming on. I am hearing this more often. Again, Milkman55 had it in high winds. The winds were pushing the the coach, so he had ot turn the steering wheel slightly to keep it straight. Well, there are sensors in the wheel AND steering wheel. So those sensors thing that the wheel is turned and the tires are spinning in another direction.

Now, THAT is one scenario...but I have seen this happen in normal conditions. When we see it, it is because the steering wheel is not aligned. It just started popping up on the 2019, 2020 chassis. So I am guessing that you likely just need to have the steering wheel aligned. We thought maybe it was just on the units getting the air suspension and they were loosening it up, but we just had a stock coach with the steering wheel 2" from center. So check yours...maybe its 1" off, so not super noticeable, but still causing issues with the speeds/wheel sensors.
Brian, this just happened to me on the way through South Dakota yesterday. Was steering to the right to fight the winds and ESC went off. Stopped at Iverson Chrysler in Mitchell, SD and they looked at this morning, reset the ESC, and as an extra bonus applied the oiling recall for the engine. Didn’t happen on my continued trip while fighting the wind but I was on edge that it would go off. Do you know if the reset and recalibrate take care of this? Does it happen again? Really hate to go without cruise control. Can be reset by disconnecting batteries?
Parked at Palmer Gulch/Mount Everest KOA for the next several days then heading back home to Erie. Saw two other Isata 5’s, one coming other way in construction zone on 90 and one at rest stop going my way on 90 (South Dakota).
No longer mine: 2006 Rockwood Roo 23SS
All pop-up and tent camping before...
mjbenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:22 PM   #24
Commercial Member

No idea as it has been pretty rare. I would double check to make sure the steering wheel is centered...that seems to exacerbate the problem.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:51 PM   #25

This is probably no help, but when it happens on my Sprinter it go’s away on the next key cycle. I’ve had it happen a couple times.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 03:06 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
This is probably no help, but when it happens on my Sprinter it go’s away on the next key cycle. I’ve had it happen a couple times.
I cycled the rig on and off several “key” cycles and it would not reset. Still had it in morning then went to dealer. The steering wheel has always been centered but I wonder if while sitting at Dynamax the batteries died and the calibration happened while moving in and out of the building(s) during build. It may have had a bad calibration from the start. We’ll see. Just need my cruise control because Achilles’ tendon surgery that takes too long to heal
Old 09-18-2020, 03:15 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbenedict View Post
I cycled the rig on and off several “key” cycles and it would not reset. Still had it in morning then went to dealer. The steering wheel has always been centered but I wonder if while sitting at Dynamax the batteries died and the calibration happened while moving in and out of the building(s) during build. It may have had a bad calibration from the start. We’ll see. Just need my cruise control because Achilles’ tendon surgery that takes too long to heal
I should have mentioned that I had to drive it a while then cycle the key before it would reset. May not help on the Dodge though.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 11:04 PM   #28

I think the idea that the steering wheel being off center and not in sync with the wheels may have some merit. Here is my steering wheel today on level road and little wind. You can see it’s cocked to the right to maintain a straight path.

Will see what the RAM dealer thinks when I get home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	30E30206-C02E-49EA-9854-0FE9220EFB69.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	339.5 KB
ID:	239443  
Old 09-20-2020, 11:20 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman55 View Post
I think the idea that the steering wheel being off center and not in sync with the wheels may have some merit. Here is my steering wheel today on level road and little wind. You can see it’s cocked to the right to maintain a straight path.

Will see what the RAM dealer thinks when I get home.
My steering wheel is level when going straight. Was before the ESC error too, except when steering into the wind and setting off the error. Now that the calibration is redone, I’m hoping it won’t go off again but if does we should get Ram to notice this as it’s not normal. Wind should not cause an error and the computer should have a higher threshold if so.
I certainly would get the dealer to straighten your steering wheel, that would drive me nuts...
Old 10-22-2020, 11:53 AM   #30

So far so good with ESC warning staying off. On another note (original post), I added the jumper and slide controls now work with the ignition off except from PrecisionPlex where I mostly run mine outside. Is there any workaround to this on the PrecisionPlex? Still need to place the vehicle in ACC mode.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:26 PM   #31
AF CMSGT RET

Had happen once on my 28SS in the first 3000 miles thru nebraska and wouldnt go away thru numerous cycles of the key (worked on my I3 2twice ) So I found a dealer in the next town off the highway and the mechanic found the message and the reset something and cleared the message . Never happened again so far.
pickeljr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 08:46 AM   #32
Norwood Auto Italia

Just asking in case Milkman55 or others still watching this thread: but did anyone put a CanBus OBDII Code checker on their coach before the Dealer did the reset? Its possible that one of these tools would find the Code and it could be cancelled without a dealer visit.

Also this tool permits a lot of RAM/Cummins interrogation.

https://www.amazon.com/ScanTool-4261...ag=ramforum-20
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:07 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamgat View Post
Just asking in case Milkman55 or others still watching this thread: but did anyone put a CanBus OBDII Code checker on their coach before the Dealer did the reset? Its possible that one of these tools would find the Code and it could be cancelled without a dealer visit.

Also this tool permits a lot of RAM/Cummins interrogation.

https://www.amazon.com/ScanTool-4261...ag=ramforum-20
I bought one from Walmart the evening it happened and tried it. Would not see the code because it wasn’t a chassis or engine code. Could not clear it. Had to go to the dealer and they cleared and reset the calibration. Said the calibration would happen as I drove down the road and to come back after a few miles if it went off again. Did not look into a “professional” tool though, will check it out.
Old 10-29-2020, 10:46 AM   #34

Mine has not been back to the dealer yet, but checking for the codes on the ESC is on my list. The RAM seemed to reset on its own after some time had passed. Sometimes that was an hour and sometimes overnight, but it always reset on its own.

Only happens in severe crosswinds when the steering or turned into the wind to keep the RV straight.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:48 AM   #35
Norwood Auto Italia

The Alpha App is specifically designed to read the RAM set up from this Bluetooth transmit. The RAM forum guys use the tool for reconfiguring many of the video elements. I have used one for the VW/Audi tool called VagCom.
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 05:56 PM   #36

Thank you for this update. Slide out and leveling were one thing, but having to turn on the ignition just to put out the awning was a PITA.

I also pulled out the VSIM cable, since this was the only connection on it, rather than have it rattle around under the dash.

Now just waiting on the dealer to get a Mira module so I can get wireless capability.
Desert Boat is offline   Reply With Quote