Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2018, 11:28 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
Why is the fridge mounted so high? Us short people won’t be able to get ice without a stool.
It's an equal opportunity barrier, average height people can't get ice either [emoji16]
Old 06-25-2018, 08:58 AM   #22
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo9 View Post
Seems like a real nice setup.

It's interesting that some of the features on the ISATA 5 appear to be nicer than the bigger more expensive freight liner based models.

Two things that jumped out for me was the duplex wiring control with mobile app support... Plus the on demand water heater.
The 5 series was designed knowing that we wanted to be Multiplex. So instead of designing without and then with, we figured we would do it once...knowing we would have to update the Force at some point. It just has to be done one floor plan at a time.

Truma is now standard on the 2019 Force. Really the 10 gallon seemed to be working fine...we get no complaints at all, so we really just did it for consistency. We wanted the Truma on the small stuff to save weight. The Force doesn't need any weight savings.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:27 AM   #23

I noticed in the walk thru that the cab had sunshields on not only the windshield but also the side windows. We purchased our 2017 Isata 5 DB a year ago and only got the one for the windshield. How can we go about purchasing the ones for the side cab windows?
janeenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:52 AM   #24
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
Ready for some constructive criticism? I realize that this is a preliminary video, but I have some comments for future videos....I jotted down questions as I watched.

Show engine while describing it at beginning of video
What does the cab look like with the screens off? Features of the cab?
On the outside...What is that ‘trama’ thingy?
Does the outside tv play dvds from the house?
Confusing with the tow capacity at 10,000 pounds and then showing sticker with 2,600 lbs
Emphasize that the outside shower can be used for ‘washing people and dogs’, not just hose cleanout (gross)
If the electronics over the microwave get hot… why not a louvered door.
Is that a microwave/convection oven?
Why is the fridge mounted so high? Us short people won’t be able to get ice without a stool. ( I know... not your problem that I'm height challenged. ) Great pantry.
Is that a tv in the bedroom? Does the tv in the bunk area swivel so that you can see it from the recliners?

I really like the walk-through idea. Some dealers have videos on youtube, but they are usually lacking the detail in your video.
Sigh.... wish I could afford one.
Always ready for feedback.

1. I don't show the engine because I'm not sure why? there is really nothing to see. I always find it weird that dealers open the hoods on things. On the M2...I can see it, because it shows off the easy lift hood and the "white coat" level check (as in you can see ALL the fluids level from outside). The ram is just an engine covered with a plastic shroud. Noted though...It would be better if we had maybe video of the engine on a dyno.

2. At 30 minutes already, we felt like the cab could be a different video all together, which is on the list. This was more of a 30FW overview...but we have to touch on the cab a little bit.

3. Truma is a water heater, there is already a video on that specifically.

4. Tow capacity is 10,000lbs flat. The sticker was for CCC, not towing.

5. Outside TV does play DVD's (it has a dedicated DVD player I didn't;t even mention that I don't think we need), there is yet another video on JUST the AV equipment.

6. Electronics actually stay cooler with the door closed if the micro is on. The vent is at the top and goes right into the cabinet. I actually left the door open most of the time and just directed an AC vent right onto it. Never had an issue.

7. It is micro/convection.

8. My wife is only 5'3" and she handled it pretty well with no stool. The furnace is under there so it had to be high. At least, she didn't say anything to me if she did have an issue. Normally I think she just grabbed the bin, pulled it down. Let me just say, she had no issue making drinks In fact, I think I found myself doing the same thing. grab the bin down so I'm not dropping ice everywhere.

9. TV in the bunk is on an articulating arm. I think a motorized arm might be better and easier to deal with, but I think it is much heavier, something I will look at.

Thanks for the tips. I tried not to get bogged down into too many details as we were hoping to keep the videos fairly short. Really 7-10 minute at the most, but I felt like I was moving pretty quick and still ended up 35 minutes. In the future we might do, part one exterior, part 2 interior.

Old 06-25-2018, 09:52 AM   #25
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeenb View Post
I noticed in the walk thru that the cab had sunshields on not only the windshield but also the side windows. We purchased our 2017 Isata 5 DB a year ago and only got the one for the windshield. How can we go about purchasing the ones for the side cab windows?
Just contact your dealer, you should have side shields.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:45 AM   #26

Great Video

Look forward to more.

Didn't mention the counter extension by the sink. Does that mean you didn't feel you needed to use it?
jbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 12:10 PM   #27
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuzz View Post
Look forward to more.

Didn't mention the counter extension by the sink. Does that mean you didn't feel you needed to use it?
I would refer you to 14:21-ish. I for sure used it...often. Makes the difference.

Sorry, 14:28-ish

Old 06-28-2018, 04:37 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandKKnight View Post
We bought our 30 FW at the Pomona show back in October, just took delivery in April. We were not aware of the theater seats as an option. Is there a way to have those put in at some point? We definitely don't need the sleeping space of the sofa bed. Where would I find out how much that would cost? Ask the dealer?
Linda,
Just an FYI...
We ordered our unit with the high backed theater seats. We really like them! But be aware they are a really tight fit between the dinette booth backing and the slide wall closest to the driver's seat. Ours were so hard to recline in, we had them move the booth seat down 1 1/2". This made the cushions on the dinette too tight to make into a bed. That's not an issue for us but something to be aware of if you change to the theater seats.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forest River Forums mobile app
SusieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 07:37 PM   #29

Residential refrigerator

Will the 2019 Isata 5 have a residential refrigerator as an option?
kdflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:16 PM   #30
Commercial Member

Residential is standard. RV fridge is the option.

Old 06-30-2018, 08:34 AM   #31

Good job Brian!!! We really enjoyed the Live Through. Lots more useful info than a dealer's walk through. I think there are plenty of folks who are looking that will enjoy it also. I'll just bet you sold some I-5s!

Dave
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 11:01 AM   #32

2019 Isata 4 Refrigerator

Will a residential refrigerator be an option in the 2019 Isata 4?
kdflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:28 AM   #33
Commercial Member

Not at this time, but I'll mention it to engineering. I think the main issue was size. On the big stuff we design it in from the start.

Old 07-08-2018, 06:13 PM   #34

Brian,
Is there a link to the 2019 Isata 5 brochure available yet? Also please advise when the Wally TV integration feature will be officially available to order.

Hoping to place our order in Mid-October.

Thanks, Tom
Tom in Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:34 AM   #35
Commercial Member

1. brochures should be up this week on the web site.

2. I'm not sure what you mean by "Wally Integration". We don't offer the wally...we just off the satellite option, then you provide the box, either DirecTV, Dish or Bell. The matrix that I talk about in the video is on all products building now. So any orders would have it.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:06 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
1. brochures should be up this week on the web site.

2. I'm not sure what you mean by "Wally Integration". We don't offer the wally...we just off the satellite option, then you provide the box, either DirecTV, Dish or Bell. The matrix that I talk about in the video is on all products building now. So any orders would have it.

In your video this electronic satellite interface was described as linking the TV's onboard to receive the same or different video feed.
I believe the system was located above the Micro wave/convection oven.

Thanks, Tom
Tom in Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:19 AM   #37

Hello Brian,

My wife and I are currently in a 2018 Winnebago View and although it is a very nice coach, we find it too small for our needs. We are pretty sure that we have decided to replace it with a 2019 Isata 5. We think the 32" length and floor plan is just the right size. You video was helpful; we are going to look at a 2018 on Friday that has been sold, but this will give us a better general feel for the coach.

My only concerns are with the black/grey tank capacities (wish they were a bit larger) but not a deal breaker, and more importantly, the chassis/drive train.

For example, the only experience I have with Dodge is anecdotal expressions that Ford and Chevy chassis are superior; generally Dodge is rated by consumers behind Ford and Chevy in the pickup truck market, for example. Also, the Cummins Diesel, albeit clearly respected (and stronger than the Ford E450), is totally foreign to me too since I have no idea what to expect for performance in the Isata 5, MPG, maintenance expectations, etc. Can you direct me to any information that may make me feel more comfortable with respect to these topics?

Thank you,
Frank
Terabytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:46 AM   #38
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom in Ohio View Post
In your video this electronic satellite interface was described as linking the TV's onboard to receive the same or different video feed.
I believe the system was located above the Micro wave/convection oven.

Thanks, Tom
Correct. That is just a 4x4 HDMI Matrix. So the Blue-ray that we provide goes into the matrix. The Receiver that you provide (assuming you take the satellite option) goes into the Matrix. Then (3) single HDMI cables go from the Matrix to the 1. Front TV, 2. Bedroom TV, 3. Outside TV.

So that matrix determines which signal gets sent to each TV. Those are being installed now.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:57 AM   #39
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terabytes View Post
Hello Brian,

My wife and I are currently in a 2018 Winnebago View and although it is a very nice coach, we find it too small for our needs. We are pretty sure that we have decided to replace it with a 2019 Isata 5. We think the 32" length and floor plan is just the right size. You video was helpful; we are going to look at a 2018 on Friday that has been sold, but this will give us a better general feel for the coach.

My only concerns are with the black/grey tank capacities (wish they were a bit larger) but not a deal breaker, and more importantly, the chassis/drive train.

For example, the only experience I have with Dodge is anecdotal expressions that Ford and Chevy chassis are superior; generally Dodge is rated by consumers behind Ford and Chevy in the pickup truck market, for example. Also, the Cummins Diesel, albeit clearly respected (and stronger than the Ford E450), is totally foreign to me too since I have no idea what to expect for performance in the Isata 5, MPG, maintenance expectations, etc. Can you direct me to any information that may make me feel more comfortable with respect to these topics?

Thank you,
Frank
I actually found the black and gray tanks more than enough for three of us. Camping styles may vary of course.

As for the chassis. All I can direct you to are the reviews on this site. The Aisin transmission, which is an upgrade, comes highly rated, along with the Cummins.
On the Ford F550 that we built, we had to run a full air suspension on it to make it bearable. When we had our suspension guy look at the Ram, he said the suspension was well ahead of the F550 and likely did not need anything, but he would explore Bilstein shocks which I think they have been working on.

From my own personal experience. I was completely pleased with the power and performance. I am transparent to a fault, so I cannot fail to mention one person who has reached out to me and said he thought the ride was too rough. I can tell you the first 300 miles, I felt like it rode smoother than my Grand Cherokee that has the air ride. Now, once the day heated up and the road got hot, I think it did feel a little harsher, but I was also riding on max air pressure and from experience...95% of the "ride quality" complaints we get end up being tire pressure related.

The power and cabin comfort was outstanding. I have more miles on an E450 than a Sprinter 3500, but I found the Dodge more comfortable than both. Power was no question at anytime as I went 75 everywhere. Others will chime in here. It can be a little tough to find a dealer that can handle the length of this vehicle if it needs lifted...but all 5500 selling dealers are required to service it. We are working on a full list of dealers as I type with FCA corporate.

Old 07-09-2018, 10:18 AM   #40

Thank you, Brian! Insightful and prompt response is noted and extremely appreciated!!
Terabytes is offline   Reply With Quote