Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2018, 05:05 PM   #1

Isata 5 - Where does the Grey or Black “Mid Tank Level Sensor” get installed?

I was cleaning out the wet bay over the weekend and discovered this sensor dangling from its wires. It has some self-adhesive backing so I assume that it gets stuck to the side of one of the tanks. However, since it’s dangling right in-between the grey and black tanks, I have no idea which one!

Is there a way to prevent this in the future? I wouldn’t mind attaching it with some epoxy so this never happens again, but I’d hate to interfere with its ability to read the level in the tank. Can scrap the existing double-sided tape of an use some new/stronger tape?

Also, since it says “Install at Mid Level”, I am just going to assume that I can break out a measuring tape, measure the height of the tank and stick it right in the middle, correct? Seems pretty straight forward, but one never knows.

BLT4SPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:34 PM   #2
Commercial Member

I think that is actually the macerating toilet sensor. Are you in a 36DS? Middle of the big section should be fine. I think we have a print that actually shows locations, based on the shape of the tank. I'll see if I was just dreaming that.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I think that is actually the macerating toilet sensor. Are you in a 36DS? Middle of the big section should be fine. I think we have a print that actually shows locations, based on the shape of the tank. I'll see if I was just dreaming that.
From experience, I recommend you make sure the top sensor is as high as you can get it and the lower sensor is not that important, but near the bottom. Like BC said those sensors are what controls the color of that tank symbol on your flush switch panel. Green, yellow and red. When it gets to Red, the toilet won't flush, because it thinks the tank is full and it won't let you over fill it. That's why you want it at the top. Mine was mounted too low and after a few flushes it thought the tank was full when it actually only had a few gallons in it. I confirmed all of this with Tecma customer support when I worked through my problems. Stick it up as high as you can reach up there. Works great now. By the way Tecma said you can leave them off the tank if you don't want that tank full feature to get in your way of your usage. You have another set of tank sensors that feed the control panel on the wall by the bathroom door. So using that you can monitor tank levels which I do daily.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
we are in a 35DB.

Any harm in attaching it with new double sided tape? ....or epoxy?

If you come across the drawing, I'd love to see it.

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2018, 11:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyers View Post
From experience, I recommend you make sure the top sensor is as high as you can get it and the lower sensor is not that important, but near the bottom. Like BC said those sensors are what controls the color of that tank symbol on your flush switch panel. Green, yellow and red. When it gets to Red, the toilet won't flush, because it thinks the tank is full and it won't let you over fill it. That's why you want it at the top. Mine was mounted too low and after a few flushes it thought the tank was full when it actually only had a few gallons in it. I confirmed all of this with Tecma customer support when I worked through my problems. Stick it up as high as you can reach up there. Works great now. By the way Tecma said you can leave them off the tank if you don't want that tank full feature to get in your way of your usage. You have another set of tank sensors that feed the control panel on the wall by the bathroom door. So using that you can monitor tank levels which I do daily.
This all makes perfect sense! I appreciate the tip.

I actually got the red tank symbol a couple times on the way home with the coach. Seemed a little odd that we would have gotten it that full that fast. Of course, now that the sensor is twisting in the wind, we do NOT have the red symbol.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLT4SPD View Post
This all makes perfect sense! I appreciate the tip.

I actually got the red tank symbol a couple times on the way home with the coach. Seemed a little odd that we would have gotten it that full that fast. Of course, now that the sensor is twisting in the wind, we do NOT have the red symbol.
Like the lady at Tecma told me you don't need it if you have other tank sensors, except that you can't over fill the black tank with the sensors attached, when it goes red it won't flush. Except for the nn number of emergency flushes, 6 I think. I didn't use epoxy, I just cleaned the surface and stuck it way up high as I could reach. The instructions say near the top of the tank and then about midway for the other sensor. Mine works fine now, except the indicator on the Tecam switch panel does turn yellow after a few flushes. Which means you could raise the top sensor and or lower the bottom sensor and that would give you more range before the yellow light came on.
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 07-10-2018, 08:09 AM   #7

Quote:
we are in a 35DB.

Thanks!
There is a drawing of how to install the sensors in the Tecma install brochure on the Dynamax Thumb Drive.
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 07-11-2018, 10:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyers View Post
There is a drawing of how to install the sensors in the Tecma install brochure on the Dynamax Thumb Drive.
Well, I'll be dipped! You are correct! There it is......

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 07-13-2018, 07:45 PM   #9

Quote:
we are in a 35DB.

Thanks!
My full sensor fell off last year and I ended up placing it 1” from the top of the tank and I used Loctite high strength spray adhesive (like contact cement). Sprayed both surfaces, waited a minute and stuck them together. It has not moved since.
Go Gators
Rrzasa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, led, tank