Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2021, 02:52 PM   #1

Isata Cab-Over Exterior Molding Detaching

Hello Fellow Rv’ers,
My 2020 Isata 3, 24RWM has approx 14” section of exterior molding coming loose from my Isata’s cab-over. Please see attached photos. This molding was painted after it was installed so at this point I really don’t want to go exploring by pulling more off to investigate. In the photos the cab-over appears to be scratched up, these are only reflections from the windshield shade. The molding was never damaged through contact.
Does anyone know:
How it’s fastened? (adhesive, screws, other)
What’s it’s purpose?
Have any others had this problem and made repairs.
Thanks for your help, Tom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AB399CF3-D8D8-46FA-9EF0-A134398683F5.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	265520   Click image for larger version

Name:	7D94FB58-690B-4BAA-AF86-6D4432F66D41.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	265521   Click image for larger version

Name:	FD55AB30-F2A6-4260-967A-E8BA027FD7E3.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	251.7 KB
ID:	265522  
snapperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 03:16 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapperhead View Post
Hello Fellow Rvíers,
I have approx 14Ē section of exterior molding coming loose from my Isataís cab-over. Please see attached photos. This molding was painted after it was installed so at this point I really donít want to go exploring by pulling more off to investigate. In the photos the cab-over appears to be scratched up, these are only reflections from the windshield shade. The molding was never damaged through contact.
Does anyone know:
How itís fastened? (adhesive, screws, other)
Whatís itís purpose?
Have any others had this problem and made repairs.
Thanks for your help, Tom
Postings like this always beg to have the specifics provided in their complaint.
Year, make, model. I did not see this in your profile info either.

Thereís always help here on the forum, but you have to help us help you.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport with 6 speed Triton V-10
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 03:58 PM   #3

Good suggestion Ken and Terry. I added the Year, Make, & Model to my original post.
Thank you, Tom
snapperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 04:05 PM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapperhead View Post
Good suggestion Ken and Terry. I added the Year, Make, & Model to my original post.
Thank you, Tom
Watch for a response from bclemens fairly soon, and be ready with the last 6 digits of your Isata VINÖ..not the VIN of the Mercedes.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport with 6 speed Triton V-10
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 09:46 AM   #5
Commercial Member

I got with our Head of Service/Warranty, Bryan Knight, and this was his response: "That molding is screwed on the side of the cap and pulled tight then screwed to the other side of the cap. We don’t use a 2 way tape or foam from what I see on the floor. They cap seal the molding. It’s basically used as a finishing look for the transition from cap to wall. With that said - seeing on your profile that your in Utah - my best guess is the color came from the Utah Terrain (Sand may have discolored it). If the molding is loose check those screws on each side. Also, if leaks didn’t cause the opening then it’s just a simple maintenance job with new sealant."

Our customer service team is always available for any additional guidance as well. Your service representative is Danielle and she can be reached at 574-262-3474 Ext. 55219.
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
JGraber is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exterior, mold