Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2021, 03:05 PM   #1

JBL Sound Bar 2.0

I am new to the Dynamax Isata series. I have the Isata 5. There is no sound coming from the soundbar. I don't think it is even on. Nothing works. The connection wires lead up to a cabinet, above the entry door, which is filled with the main fuse box. Anyone elae have this problem, before I start tearing everything apart?
tomden2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 03:28 PM   #2
Commercial Member

It is 110V, so the inverter would need to be on if you are not plugged into shore power.

It is HDMI and should be connected to the TV using the ARC (Audio return Channel) connection, you can verify that on the TV connections.

There is a remote, so you might need to turn it on, you can pair your phone via Blutooth to see if it will come on that way.

Several questions to answer...first to make sure it has power. Then we can determine if it is just not on.

Make sure all the outlets on that wall are working and a GFI is not tripped.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 03:51 PM   #3

Whenever the 110VAC power cuts off, the soundbar is on the wrong source for the tv when powered up.
I have to remember to select the TV (optical source) on the soundbar to get sound. Do this with the remote.
No longer mine: 2006 Rockwood Roo 23SS
All pop-up and tent camping before...
mjbenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 03:54 PM   #4
Commercial Member

If you run an HDMI cable from the sound bar direct to TV ARC it will always be on the right source. (If it has HDMI..I can’t keep track of all the versions)

Old 03-07-2021, 07:55 PM   #5

Thanks for the suggestions. The HDMI cable is hooked up to the TV properly, and I am in a RV park on 110v. The soundbar will not power up, no matter what I do, both on the unit or the remote. The soundbar is plugged into the same outlet as the TV, and the TV has no problems. I had hoped that someone else had had the same problem, before I resort to taking it back to the dealer for a lengthy way for repairs/replacement.
Old 03-07-2021, 07:59 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Have you unplugged the power from the sound bar? maybe that connection is loose?

Old 03-07-2021, 08:08 PM   #7

I thought the same, since I just completed a 2K trip, and will be returning soon. The connection to the 110 outlet was a little loose, when I fixed it there was sill nothing.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:01 PM   #8

Has the sound bar ever worked, or worked and now failed?

It uses a standard power cord, found on many devices, so you should be able to find a similar one around the house and plug in to a different outlet, removing both the plug and cord from problem list.

As far as lengthy warranty repair, you could just drop off the sound bar and power cord at the RV dealer - no reason they need the entire coach hostage while they get a warranty replacement. It is just held on with two screws.

I took mine out today, since it does not have a radio. I mounted a Bose wave radio on the ledge under the TV. I spent much time looking for a soundbar with a radio, with no luck. There is one RV model that uses 12V, not 120.

I know, old school, but I much prefer to just turn a radio for background music than have to deal with streaming.
Desert Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 09:00 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomden2 View Post
I thought the same, since I just completed a 2K trip, and will be returning soon. The connection to the 110 outlet was a little loose, when I fixed it there was sill nothing.
Sorry, I meant the part that plugs into the soundbar.

Old 03-08-2021, 02:43 PM   #10

I love these forums. I seldom have the TV on, but I am thinking that it has never worked. Good thought about trying another power cord, and just removing the unit to take it in. Also about replacing it with one with a radio. I listen to a radio much more than watch TV. I was going to get a regular radio, but this would kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
Old 03-08-2021, 02:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomden2 View Post
I love these forums. I seldom have the TV on, but I am thinking that it has never worked. Good thought about trying another power cord, and just removing the unit to take it in. Also about replacing it with one with a radio. I listen to a radio much more than watch TV. I was going to get a regular radio, but this would kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
The sound bar has Bluetooth so you can stream music to it if you’re so inclined
No longer mine: 2006 Rockwood Roo 23SS
All pop-up and tent camping before...
mjbenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 05:10 PM   #12

I saw that about the bluetooth. But it is no use if the unit won't power up. I carry a Boise mini-link speaker that I stream to, but would like to listen to local stations.